• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't Eat Rat Cake

Joe Steel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Much has been made in recent weeks of the return to grocery store shelves of Hostess snack cakes. The iconic Twinkie is back and consumers are happy to be able to buy it. The happiness may be short lived, though. Twinkies are being baked by rats. Yes, rats; non-union bakers and bakery workers.

union-rat.jpg

The danger doesn't have to persist, though, the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) is offering the new owners a chance to end the danger to consumers. They're offering them a chance to work with BCTGM to bring back the experienced and expert professional bakers the last owners betrayed. As this article, Twinkies Union Wants A New Slice Of The Cream-Filled Pie reports, BCTGM is willing to let the past remain the past and make a new deal to safely deliver what American consumers want.

Let's hope they succeed but in the meantime, try Tastykakes. They're a safe alternative to the rat cakes Hostess offers. Check the website for a store near you.

Much has been made in recent weeks of the return to grocery store shelves of Hostess snack cakes. The iconic Twinkie is back and consumers are happy to be able to buy it. The happiness may be short lived, though. Twinkies are being baked by rats. Yes, rats; non-union bakers and bakery workers.

union-rat.jpg

The danger doesn't have to persist, though, the Bakery, Confectionary, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union (BCTGM) is offering the new owners a chance to end the danger to consumers. They're offering them a chance to work with BCTGM to bring back the experienced and expert professional bakers the last owners betrayed. As this article, Twinkies Union Wants A New Slice Of The Cream-Filled Pie reports, BCTGM is willing to let the past remain the past and make a new deal to safely deliver what American consumers want.

Let's hope they succeed but in the meantime, try Tastykakes. They're a safe alternative to the rat cakes Hostess offers. Check the website for a store near you.

I always hated Twinkies, but I'm tempted to buy some now just to piss off the Union shills.

I always hated Twinkies, but I'm tempted to buy some now just to piss off the Union shills.

Not even tempted...I am absolutely going to be getting some now. Haven't had a Twinkie in...well, ****, years, I guess.

They shouldn't be 'made' at all. They're not even fit for a RAT.

Ummmmm, just because they aren't union bakers, doesn't mean there is a quality issue or dangerous product being produced. I hope you weren't serious.

Hostess management has chosen instead to hire primarily workers with little or no experience in the demanding wholesale snack cake baking industry

Isn't the process rather automated at this point? Also, I would find their appeal more interesting if they highlighted some actual issue with how twinkies are currently being produced, besides a simple appeal to it being non-unionized ( i generally support unionization, but I'm not going to boycott a company simply over it's absence, if everything else is more than safe and agreeable)

I thought your OP was going to be referring to the government regulations that allow for a small percentage of rat hairs and other rodent "pieces" being found in many processed food products.

Well, this is what the union wanted. :roll:

union-rat.jpg

Any job is a good job.

I bought two boxes of Twinkies just because I support non-union labor.

Suck it unions, you greedy hive-mind simpletons.

What's with the murophobia?

union-rat.jpg

LOL - oh yes, I see how the unions saved the company :roll: . . . They ****ed the company over - if I recall correctly - and made complete asses out of their selves.

****cakes are nasty - pass.

*raspberry*

The Union is what killed Hostess. I went out and bought a box of Twinkies today. They didn't taste anything like rat. They tasted like fluffy, creamy goodness.

union-rat.jpg

Eh, since the BCTGM union was responsible for the company's demise in the first place, they can kiss my rosy red ass and cry me a river. :shrug:

Somebody ought to go up there and shove a Twinkie in the rat's mouth.

It won't be a union worker. They don't lift a finger without their puppet master union bosses telling them to.

Back
Top Bottom