• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don't burn the Koran in Britain!

Do you believe the world will be a better place when it is dominated by Islam , Laila and, if so, why?

Short answer: No.

And in case you ever doubted the logic of some of our people wanting to burn the Koran in frustration, a roam around Youtube throws up a great many belligerent comments from the nuttier Islamics, just to prove the anger isn't all one-way

I'm sure there are nutty Islamics there, there are also nutty racists, nutty christians and nutty jews posting. Youtube is mostly un-moderated and so don't expect any form of "discussion" on the comments or any other section. As for seeking proof of anything beyond what a cesspool the comments sections are - forget it, you harm your case more than you help it by referring to comments on youtube.

I'm always surprised ethnic minorities and non-whites ever post any videos for people to comment on and that they never close the comments sections.

Infinite Chaos;1059007638]I'm sure there are nutty Islamics there, there are also nutty racists, nutty christians and nutty jews posting.

There are few Christians and Jews created havoc throughout the world in the way Muslims are, but when and if it happens it should be condemned and not glossed over with the "they all do it" excuse.
Youtube is mostly un-moderated and so don't expect any form of "discussion" on the comments or any other section.

That doesn't make the videos any less true..

As for seeking proof of anything beyond what a cesspool the comments sections are - forget it, you harm your case more than you help it by referring to comments on youtube.

The comments mean a great deal less than the visual evidence in the videos.
I'm always surprised ethnic minorities and non-whites ever post any videos for people to comment on and that they never close the comments sections.

Perhaps they are in favor of free speech.

As for seeking proof of anything beyond what a cesspool the comments sections are - forget it, you harm your case more than you help it by referring to comments on youtube.

Sometimes you get less of a discussion than on a moderated board and other times you get more. Sometimes people resort to ranting instead of logic whilst at other times people are genuinely more candid. It's up to you to interpret the responses accordingly.

I'd say that quoted response was kind-of both. It takes an unmoderated board to reveal the underbelly.

And people from ethnic minorities DO publish videos and shut down the comments. I presume you're talking about videos which are overtly or militantly political or provocative, for which you have to expect a bit of comeback. Many are game and only shut them down when the neanderthal trolls find them, whilst others don't take any kind of criticism at all from the outset.

By and large, though, it tends to be liberals and leftists who shut down the comments, and thus the debate on their videos and profile pages -even when they take time out to come to your page and chuck the names and paranoia about!

However, from my experience, the most wicked language tends to come FROM ethnic minorities, for example Islamic death threats! But mind you, black or white, the raging militants make a small minority of the happy pubishers up there.

Interestingly, to close, when you stumble from one type of video on Islam or Judaism to another set of videos on Islam or Judaism, idiots like white supremacists often let more scathing and vitrolic comments through on their vids than many fevered Muslims!

Last edited:
So what did you meean when you said, "I do plan world domination. I'm not ashamed of that".

..... oh my, you are new to the forum.

You took me seriously? :doh

There are few Christians and Jews created havoc throughout the world in the way Muslims are, but when and if it happens it should be condemned and not glossed over with the "they all do it" excuse.

That doesn't make the videos any less true..

The comments mean a great deal less than the visual evidence in the videos.

Perhaps they are in favor of free speech.

Righhtttttttt.......

You're the type that would use Youtube comments to back an argument in a discussion? Explains the hatred of Europe posts I keep seeing from you on a subsection of a forum you obviosly hate.

Sometimes you get less of a discussion

Interesting that you see discussion happening.

-- And people from ethnic minorities DO publish videos and shut down the comments. I presume you're talking about videos which are overtly or militantly political or provocative--

I can't imagine Youtube comments have developed beyond the neanderthal stage but I wasn't even talking about political or provocative videos. A black friend once posted a simple video of a comical event at his house and the comments left were the most appalling racist dogpoo.

-- By and large, though, it tends to be liberals and leftists who shut down the comments, and thus the debate on their videos and profile pages -even when they take time out to come to your page and chuck the names and paranoia about!

Why the large text? Do you think my eyesight has suddenly worsened? I also think youtube is a mishmash of all sectors - there's fascists and nazi right through to marxist communists posting videos there.

-- However, from my experience, the most wicked language tends to come FROM ethnic minorities, for example Islamic death threats! But mind you, black or white, the raging militants make a small minority of the happy pubishers up there.

Interestingly, to close, when you stumble from one type of video on Islam or Judaism to another set of videos on Islam or Judaism, idiots like white supremacists often let more scathing and vitrolic comments through on their vids than many fevered Muslims!

I tend to go for music videos and film snippets as well as experimental film. No politics. You on the other hand go looking for other types of video. My only comment is that there's a lot of verbal garbage posted in the comments section and I try not to read.

No more no less.

Interesting that you see discussion happening.

There are dialogues you know, albeit often rudimentary. A couple from my stack:

Page 1's comments out of sequence, but the show really gets rolling by page 3 on this music video: YouTube - Prophet Muhammad says "Kill Your Daughters"!

Page 2's quite good: YouTube - New Labour's Communist Heritage and Pride

Enjoy the docu-tainment!

Why the large text?

Just speakin', loud and proud, of the irony of the likes of the 'libertarians' being some of the most vehemently anti-free speech of all.

Last edited:
Infinite Chaos;1059007951]Righhtttttttt.......

You're the type that would use Youtube comments to back an argument in a discussion? Explains the hatred of Europe posts I keep seeing from you on a subsection of a forum you obviosly hate.

And that's your idea of debate?

Oh well.....

You're the type that would use Youtube comments to back an argument in a discussion?

'Wrong' type of comment, eh?

Just as quotes from the Koran are 'wrong', or proclamations from Muslims as high up as Khomeni or Gadaffi if they don't fit the lines to be swallowed.

Just speakin', loud and proud, of the irony of the likes of the 'libertarians' being some of the most vehemently anti-free speech of all.
The conclusion is that they can't be considered libertarians, there's no irony. Americans are to blame here, they have mixed a lot of these -isms up, probably to annoy the brits. Liber is latin for freedom, without libertarian ideas, there simply is none. Basicly you could be a libertarian, if you truly cared about the freedom of speech. I have my doubts though but again there's no irony.

Americans are to blame here, they have mixed a lot of these -isms up, probably to annoy the brits.

I think you might be on to something here, Djoop.

Let's do some further investigation, ok?

-- Enjoy the docu-tainment!

No offense but it's not my cup of tea on youtube, as I stated previously, there are others things I go to Youtube for.

-- Just speakin', loud and proud, of the irony of the likes of the 'libertarians' being some of the most vehemently anti-free speech of all.

Just for clarification, are you referring to me or is that a royal "them" kind of statement?

And that's your idea of debate?

Oh well.....

I wasn't under the impression my disdain for Youtube comments was up for "debate..." Get back to me when you've got something to debate.

'Wrong' type of comment, eh?

Just as quotes from the Koran are 'wrong', or proclamations from Muslims as high up as Khomeni or Gadaffi if they don't fit the lines to be swallowed.

Looks like you want a debate over throwaway comments too.. well, if there's any honest desire to discuss, I'll join. For clarification _ where have I stated "wrong type of comment?" Do you even have clue what I meant? (please enlighten me?)

As you also seem to be inferring some view regarding the Koran or by prominent Muslim leaders, please reference my views or comments with regard to aforementioned?

I think you might be on to something here, Djoop.

Let's do some further investigation, ok?
No, I feel perfectly fine with my blame-the-americans conclusion.

Erm, you were saying about libertarianism and its irony?

Looks like you want a debate over throwaway comments too..

Perhaps fewer "throwaway comments" would suggest an "honest desire to discuss".

Perhaps fewer "throwaway comments" would suggest an "honest desire to discuss".

Perhaps reading my original post properly would clarify why there's nothing to debate and you've built this strawman for no discernable reason?

You wrote- "There are few Christians and Jews created havoc throughout the world in the way Muslims are, but when and if it happens it should be condemned and not glossed over with the "they all do it" excuse."

I wasn't saying "they all do it" - I said "it's all tripe." Doesn't make a difference to me if jews or muslims or white nazis post dogpoo there - it's still dogpoo.

You wrote- "That doesn't make the videos any less true.."

What videos was I referring to if I describe the comments section as dogpoo? You're so desperate to argue over nothing you deliberately misread and then have a hissyfit that I can't be bothered to respond over dogpoo and your misunderstanding?

You wrote- "The comments mean a great deal less than the visual evidence in the videos."

See above.. get the dogpoo out of your eye.

You wrote- "Perhaps they are in favor of free speech."

Dogpoo. Further, I'm sure some innocent black kid posts a dance video just to have white nazis from round the world call him an ape. :roll:

Post Withdrawn

Last edited:
I wasn't saying "they all do it" - I said "it's all tripe." Doesn't make a difference to me if jews or muslims or white nazis post dogpoo there - it's still dogpoo.

There seems to be many who feel that international terrorism is "dog poo". Perhaps Danny Pearl, Nicholas Berg, Jack Hensley, Eugene Armstrong and Theo Van Gogh, among many hundreds of others, once felt the same way.

You wrote- "That doesn't make the videos any less true.."
What videos was I referring to if I describe the comments section as dogpoo?

Any video. The comments under the video are of little value.

You wrote- "The comments mean a great deal less than the visual evidence in the videos."
See above.. get the dogpoo out of your eye.

You're really into "dog poo", aren't you?

Perhaps you should start a thread on dogpoo and leave the adults to discuss the issues.

Last edited:
-- Any video. The comments under the video are of little value --

Hopefully you'll see why some of us are leaving this forum for you, Camlon and Republic of Public to play in. Four pages ago, I made a similar comment about the quality of comments underneath the video and you didn't get it.

You then troll around trying to make clever comments about freedom of speech etc when I've repeatedly shown that there's actually little to debate about the comments section in youtube but no - you decided that I must be thinking of the videos themselves.

Just to make it clear -

"dogpoo comments under videos" = "The comments under the video are of little value."

I don't know why it always takes you so long to get it?

--Perhaps you should start a thread on dogpoo and leave the adults to discuss the issues.

Just said above - I'm going to start exploring other parts of DP where I don't have to run into RoP anymore. Between his posting style and lack of discussion and your taking 4 pages to understand anything - I'm finding greater pleasure in watching paint dry.

Back
Top Bottom