• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt

Navy Pride

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This is great news for the guys the repeal of DADT actually affects and not the bureacrats or liberals in Washington..........

'Don't ask, don't tell' repeal in doubt - Josh Gerstein and Scott Wong - POLITICO.com

By JOSH GERSTEIN & SCOTT WONG | 9/21/10 12:08 PM EDT
An effort to repeal the military’s “don’t ask don’t tell” policy was poised to go down to defeat Tuesday afternoon, with Senate Democrats and Republicans squaring off in a party line procedural vote.

Yes no activist judges. Let the Congress vote.

The Senate just voted and the dems only got 56 votes so DADT is still law.............A win for the troops in the field and the sailors on ships who are the ones affected if DADT goes away...........Senator McCain was huge in defeating this bill..............God Bless him.............

The Senate just voted and the dems only got 56 votes so DADT is still law.............A win for the troops in the field and the sailors on ships who are the ones affected if DADT goes away...........Senator McCain was huge in defeating this bill..............God Bless him.............

and god bless bigots. they need his blessing.

Navy you talk as if an overwhelming majority of service members are against the repeal of DADT...last I checked the Pentagons study has yet to come out so how exactly is this a "win" for the troops?

Navy you talk as if an overwhelming majority of service members are against the repeal of DADT...last I checked the Pentagons study has yet to come out so how exactly is this a "win" for the troops?

because now they don't have to be scared the geigh might be contagious.

Wow did not take long for the name calling to start...three posts........And you lefties call us the intolerant ones..............what a joke............

Seriously though...Why not let the military itself with the survey decide the issue? That is who it affects.....Why does a bunch of fat cats and liberals decide the issue?

Again the left is playing politics with the military to get the gay vote..............disgusting............

Wow did not take long for the name calling to start...three posts........And you lefties call us the intolerant ones..............what a joke............

Seriously though...Why not let the military itself with the survey decide the issue? That is who it affects.....Why does a bunch of fat cats and liberals decide the issue?

Again the left is playing politics with the military to get the gay vote..............disgusting............

well....YOU are the one who gay bashes, i'd call that intolerant, wouldn't you? i think the righties are playing politics to get the CLOSETED gay vote, don't you?

One executive order will fix this mess. Well until a different president takes away the executive order.

I talk to service members all the time and they are dead against the repeal........Its true I don't know how it will come out...Why not wait for the survey of the tropps to be finished to decide.........Its all politics by your side my left wing friend........The left could give a **** less how the military feels..That is the sad part............

I'll be against the repeal of DADT if I see substantial, conclusive evidence that Gay people are actually less of a soldier than straight people and only hinder their groups. Of course we will never see any evidence suggesting that, it's going to be repealed so why are we delaying the inevitable?

The reason this went down was that the Pentagon study on the issue does not finish until January of next year. Most want to wait on the results from that before voting in favor of a repeal, which is the best course of action. A few more months won't matter. DADT will still probably not be around even a year from now.

well....YOU are the one who gay bashes, i'd call that intolerant, wouldn't you? i think the righties are playing politics to get the CLOSETED gay vote, don't you?

I have been a member of this forum for over 5 years and have never bashed a gay person.........I just have a different opinion on the issue then you..........In your mind if one has a different opinion on the issue that makes them a bigot..............

I talk to service members all the time and they are dead against the repeal........Its true I don't know how it will come out...Why not wait for the survey of the tropps to be finished to decide.........Its all politics by your side my left wing friend........The left could give a **** less how the military feels..That is the sad part............

what kind of response do you get out of service members when you speak to them about it? I'll recall a couple I've had

Neighbor who was in the Navy "We can't let them f###ots in the armed forces, they'd go around raping people and they would make bad soilders." exact words I might add

Uncle in the Army when asked would you support the repeal of DADT, "**** no, I don't want to be around a bunch of c#######ing f###ots"

Brutal but true, I haven't talked to many service members about DADT..only a handful but everyone of them have been extremely homophobic and unjust. If this is the majority reaction you get out of service members then I would say screw what they say, they are wrong.

Last edited:
The reason this went down was that the Pentagon study on the issue does not finish until January of next year. Most want to wait on the results from that before voting in favor of a repeal, which is the best course of action. A few more months won't matter.[/B
] DADT will still probably not be around even a year from now.

This has to be a first Redress for once we agreed on anything............

Last edited:

Well atleast the hompphobic one's. The many homosexual and heterosexual one's that care for their fellow soldiers right to not have to lie about who they are just got smacked back down.

Yay for sexual suppression!

Last edited:
I have been a member of this forum for over 5 years and have never bashed a gay person.........I just have a different opinion on the issue then you..........In your mind if one has a different opinion on the issue that makes them a bigot..............

my bad. you just don't want gays to have the same rights that you enjoy.

I believe the survey is already done, and was a small part of the overall process. They are not trying to figure out if the troops want a repeal either, it's a survey about the kinds of potential problems with a repeal.

what kind of response do you get out of service members when you speak to them about it? I'll recall a couple I've had

Neighbor who was in the Navy "We can't let them f###ots in the armed forces, they'd go around raping people and they would make bad soilders." exact words I might add

Uncle in the Army when asked would you support the repeal of DADT, "**** no, I don't want to be around a bunch of c#######ing f###ots"

Brutal but true, I haven't talked to many service members about DADT..only a handful but everyone of them have been extremely homophobic and unjust. If this is the majority reaction you get out of service members then I would say screw what they say, they are wrong.

No nothing like that with the people I have talked to..........They just want what little privacy they have to continue....That is what they signed up for........

How do Homosexuals effect the privacy straight soldiers have?

This played out exactly as everyone expected it. It was a big political circus meant to use DADT as a wedge issue before the election. The next question will be the December study. I'm sure Conservatives are praying that the study holds to their views. If not, then with 75% of Americans wanting to see DADT repealed and a federal court ruling it unconstitutional, the GOP is going to have a hot potato in their hands. McCain has already gone from leading the charge on this issue to sitting on the fence. His opinion will likely be based on what the December study finds.

I talk to service members all the time and they are dead against the repeal.

No, you talk to your friends who are Civil War-era veterans like you. Times have changed. And I'm pretty sure that whatever town you're from isn't representative of the entire military.

Navy Pride said:
Its true I don't know how it will come out...Why not wait for the survey of the tropps to be finished to decide.

Because once their study is concluded, if they determine that there is no problem with allowing gays to serve, you'll just change the benchmarks. Again. Then you'll be demanding some other study.

Navy Pride said:
Its all politics by your side my left wing friend.

If equal civil rights is "all politics," then yes.

Navy Pride said:
The left could give a **** less how the military feels..That is the sad part............

Aside from your bizarre homoerotic fantasies about some gay dude checking out your junk in the shower, you haven't voiced ANY reason why gays should not be allowed to serve openly in the military.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of military members being against it, but I hope they submit their reasons for their position becuase I have a feeling most of them would be illogical or bigoted.

Well atleast the hompphobic one's. The many homosexual and heterosexual one's that care for their fellow soldiers right to not have to lie about who they are just got smacked back down.

Yay for sexual suppression!

Yeah the hell with what the troops feel, they don't count, they will do as they are told like a bunch of zombies........They will die for you....The hell with morale and readiness (sarcasm)

I wouldn't be surprised to see the majority of military members being against it, but I hope they submit their reasons for their position becuase I have a feeling most of them would be illogical or bigoted.

Unbelieveable!!!!! These guys are dying to give you the right to make a statement like that..........

Back
Top Bottom