• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dont ask Dont tell Policy Ruled Unconstitutional

Would've preferred this to come from the legislature, but oh well.

This did just bring up an interesting sideline to the whole DADT debate. Assuming that it is removed, and gays are allowed to openly serve, they would, of course, be subject to the UCMJ just like any other member of the armed service. It bring up all sorts of interesting situations. They could date openly, but as gay sex is prohibited in the UCMJ, they would be unable to legally have sex. Course..it is illegal in many states too. So it seems that the definition of sodomy in the UCMJ would need to be changed if gays are allowed to openly serve. To allow them to openly serve, but tell them they cannot have sex seems a bit harsh. Can imagine the internal debate..Okay..I can serve my country, or I can have sex.....decisions decisions..

THE GAY AGENDA is just a fabrication of the far-right and that THE SCARY GAYS are just regular folks

nah, regular gays are just regular folks...scary gays are still scary (ever seen a gay pride parade? fat dudes in assless pants...doesn't get much scarier than that. :lol:

Would've preferred this to come from the legislature, but oh well.

It will, Orion. Almost guaranteed. While the court may have stirred the hornet's nest, you can be almost certain that in the end, it will end up with the legislature. If nothing else, than to ease the minds of those who are so bothered by the courts getting involved.

nah, regular gays are just regular folks...scary gays are still scary (ever seen a gay pride parade? fat dudes in assless pants...doesn't get much scarier than that. :lol:

But most dont seem to get that those "scary" gays are not going to enlist. Are you kidding me? Combat boots dont come with high heels, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a pair of BDUs in pink.

This did just bring up an interesting sideline to the whole DADT debate. Assuming that it is removed, and gays are allowed to openly serve, they would, of course, be subject to the UCMJ just like any other member of the armed service. It bring up all sorts of interesting situations. They could date openly, but as gay sex is prohibited in the UCMJ, they would be unable to legally have sex. Course..it is illegal in many states too. So it seems that the definition of sodomy in the UCMJ would need to be changed if gays are allowed to openly serve. To allow them to openly serve, but tell them they cannot have sex seems a bit harsh. Can imagine the internal debate..Okay..I can serve my country, or I can have sex.....decisions decisions..

And, IMO, the sexual harassment rate will sky rocket.

Congress has no authority over military regulations, either.

Don't ask don't tell was a defense directive issued by the president. It had nothing to do with the military. Please dont act as though only the military decides wht the military can and cant do. Good god..You'll get Sarge going again.

But most dont seem to get that those "scary" gays are not going to enlist. Are you kidding me? Combat boots dont come with high heels, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a pair of BDUs in pink.

Scary strights enlist. Why not scary gays?

You state this as if I have a history of not being able to back up what I write or make a good argument. Are you new too?
← Read and learn.

Women have served in the Army since the 18th century. Over time they were being promoted to officer ranks and charged with entire units at a time when civilian bosses were still seeking to pinch them n the ass for their pretty dresses. It wasn't until well into the late Cold War era the first females saw "rank" in the corporate world.
And I was right. "Because I said so" isn't proof.

Carry on.

Scary strights enlist. Why not scary gays?

Oh, there might be the occasional one who does. But for the most part, flamboyant gays are not going to be willing to conform to military regulations, and therefore will not be joining.

To serve in the military one must be willing to be a conformist, or at least play a conformist, and most flamboyant gays are not going to be willing to be conformists. They cultivate their look, meticulously, and very very systematically. For most, the idea of "conforming" is anathema.

Last edited:
Don't ask don't tell was a defense directive issued by the president. It had nothing to do with the military. Please dont act as though only the military decides wht the military can and cant do. Good god..You'll get Sarge going again.

I believe in military oversight by civilians as misguided and wrong as they usually are. Just not the twerps I was engaged in earlier. Speaking of which, one is back to pester

And it's MSgt

Last edited:
I believe in military oversight by civilians as misguided and wrong they usually are. Just not the twerps I was engaged in earlier.

And it's MSgt

yeah yeah..fine fine..MSgt. I'll try to remember.

← Read and learn.

And I was right. "Because I said so" isn't proof.

Carry on.

I gave you a fact and some common knowledge background. Use it to gain knowledge or swim in your ignorance.

I gave you a fact and some common knowledge background. Use it to gain knowledge or swim in your ignorance.
:lol:

I'm a little worn out from swimming in your ignorance all afternoon.

I've said my piece on this thread. I'll leave you to hoist yourself up by your own petard yet again. Enjoy!

:lol:

I'm a little worn out from swimming in your ignorance all afternoon.

I've said my piece on this thread. I'll leave you to hoist yourself up by your own petard yet again. Enjoy!

You are worn out from not being able to make an argument of substance. Just a lot of defensive posturing, denial, and sophomoric smilie use to substitute your lack of ability to write your mood. Good riddance.

Last edited:
How dare this activist judge does what 75% of the country wants! How dare she stand up for free speech! This is an atrocity and will have severe repercussions! It will be massive sodomy throughout the ranks!

Really? 75% of the country wants that? When most every state that has gay marriage put to a ballot has elected to ban gay marriage?

Oh the things we do to appease 2% of the country.

Really? 75% of the country wants that? When most every state that has gay marriage put to a ballot has elected to ban gay marriage?

Gay marriage and letting gays serve in the military are two totally different things, and touch two totally different nerves. I cant say it is 75 percent..I have seen many different numbers, but more people are for letting gays serve openly than not. At least according to polls. Suppose it depends on how seriously you take them.

Last edited:

1: He was being sarcastic. or perhaps a better word would be exaggerate?.

2: There is a difference between gay marriage and gays in the military.

As for the OP, GOOD! I hope it goes all the way to SCOTUS and it gets knocked out for good. There is no good reason IMO to not let good people do what they feel that they can do to serve their country.

Last edited:

The link is in this thread, and the number is actually 78 %. 2 % is an obvious flat out lie.

Several reasons, actually. The reason you pointed out, along with unit cohesion, fraternization, sexual harassment. Yes, your addition to my comment is correct.

Actually, I find no evidence that is the reason women are not in combat units. The reason I gave is the one that the military uses. You are of course welcome to prove your point.

No, it's not. However, it is a part of DoD regulations, which no court in the land has jurisdiction over.

Actually, it's a federal law, which the court definitely has jurisdiction over.

Back
Top Bottom