• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donations to the forum

Infinite Chaos

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
OK, I sometimes get annoyed at the Mods around here (probably quite a bit recently) but I just saw a "please consider donating to defray our expense" notice at the top of my page.

How and where do I do it? Can it be done locally and without entering my bank account details (I don't do online banking) online? I'd probably also get a international currency transfer charge on my credit card which might be as much or more than my donation.

Basically - how does it work and how do I / you / whoever make it easy / pain free for international contributions?

Thank you for at least considering. :)
We really do need assistance to help with the costs of the forum software/domain and server expenses.
We are a not for profit forum and wish to remain that way. We do have ads shown to our guests and but they grant us about $20 a month.

Click on "User Control Panel" (top right) then click on "Donations".
This this link is also on the donation bar from the front page.

We prefer PayPal because it is automatic and we can run simple reports at year end for tax purposes.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I'd personally rather make a cash donation (I'm not a fan of paying anything extra to credit card or paypal) but I don't wish to be awkward. I'll investigate further.

PM me and I will give you my address if that option is better for you.

PM me and I will give you my address if that option is better for you.

Or you could PM me and I will give you Vauge's address. Honest, really, it will be his.

I was thinking over this the other day, as well.
I've been a mod and assisted a forum - the cost can be quite high.
But, right now, I don't have money of my own to donate - I do, however, have a lot of stuff.

If you guys ever consider Ebay-auctions for profit (as in: I send you stuff, you sell it, keep the money) or something like that - let me know.

Aunt Spiker, no worries. My philosophy is that everyone participates on different levels as such some folks can contribute more in posts and others can contribute more in financial help etc...

Your idea (or similar to) has been suggested several times. Maybe we need to look into something like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom