• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donations question

Grizzly Adams

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
If we donate to the forum are our names and addresses visible to the forum's PayPal account owner?

Today was the fourth day in a ROW I found him under my bed when I woke up. Think that's a coincidence? Pull the other one.

(Whatever the answer is, they seem to be good with personal info)

If we donate to the forum are our names and addresses visible to the forum's PayPal account owner?
The name on the account is visible. No information will ever be shared with anyone.

Name on account (which could be a person or business) & email address only. Mailing addresses are unavailable.

This is why I donate thru a 3rd party. Interesting that no address is provided, though since nothing is being shipped that makes sense. Having had a gzillion Paypal transactions for a business we had (not used for personal matters for records keeping), normally you get both the person's billing address, name of who is paying the bill, but also their shipping address, name of who it is being shipped to, and probably a phone number, but that can be fake.

The exception is if the Paypal or bank card is strictly in a business name, which is rare.

If paid by a Paypal account it will be the person's real email. If paid by credit/bank card thru Paypal, a person can use a fake email address.

Giving card info to Paypal is 100% safe. As safe as safe can be because the merchant does not get the card info.

Last edited:
Thinking of it, I do think the forum would receive more donations if people could do so entirely anonymously. From our business, we learned some people, particularly older people, don't like to give out card info, so would send a check or money order (though having a person's bank account routing number and account number more dangerous as that can be used for echecks. If card info is stolen, you just replace the card. If your routing and account number is stolen the potential problems are much greater, including it more likely the bank will not allow you to open a different account, closing the original account.

There was a former poster on the forum I sent some money to. My wife did so for a woman on the former Jon Stewart forum who wanted to attend his rally but couldn't afford the trip. To keep it confidential both ways, the person got a PRIVATE PO box (not USPS) and then I would send use a blank USPS money order, including the receipt. It takes jumping thru hoops, but you can find out who has a PO Box. You can't with a private PO box company.

Back
Top Bottom