• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

DONATION Challenge for Conservatives

Orion

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Hey everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm a full time student. Although I love my program, it has left me short on money. I donated to DP a long time ago and because I am still pretty active here, I want to do so again. Unfortunately, the coffers are running dry. In light of this, I'm putting forth a challenge to the (mostly social) conservatives on this site.

If one of you makes a one year platinum donation in my name, I will become a social conservative for exactly one month. Here are some examples of how I will change my tune in topics posted on DP:

- denouncing same-sex marriage and child adoption for same-sex couples
- defending the prolife cause
- embryonic stem cell research is immoral
- continue drug prohibition and the war on drugs
- marriage before sex
- censorship of profanity, overt sexuality or nudity, and enforcement of public moral codes
- promoting second amendment rights
- longer prison sentences, punitive justice, and advocating for the death penalty
- denouncing hate crime legislation and affirmative action
- promoting border control and universal expulsion of illegal immigrants
- reduction in or elimination of entitlement programs
- family values and the restriction of sex education in public schools
- free market principles and defense of business
- traditional values before progressivism
- defense of religious icons in the public sector, such as the pledge, 10 commandments in courthouses, etc.
- defense of creationism being taught alongside evolution in public schools (NOTE: I need people to verify if this is a "social conservative" thing or just a religious thing. If the latter, then I won't include it in my duties as a mock conservative.)
- Other issues as they arise

Rules

1) You cannot be an anonymous donor. You must declare your name when donating so that I may verify that you are indeed a conservative. This therefore means that you must be a conservative to initiate this challenge.

2) You cannot call me out in threads for not defending conservative values enough. You have my word that I will try my very best within my understanding of what conservativism is about. If you feel I could use some improvement, a critique via PM is more than welcome. (This goes for everyone else too.)

3) Any conservative-leaning content I post within the one month period cannot later be used to accuse me of being a hypocrite or someone who is going back on their word. Although I will do my 100% best to represent conservative values, it is not truly my social lean and so it is not a true representation of who I am. I will revert back to my true lean later on... hopefully, anyway. :)

4) If I am deviating from proscribed values, feel free to direct me to the list above. Note that the person who makes the donation will have far more sway in this department, but the opinions of others via PM will also be considered.

Think I can't do it? Put your money where your mouth is.

Typical Liberal, sponging off rich conservatives. :nails

(Just teasing Orion. Sounds like a great idea to raise $).

Typical Liberal - assuming that Conservatives are wealthy.

Typical Liberal, sponging off rich conservatives. :nails

(Just teasing Orion. Sounds like a great idea to raise $).

Whatever makes you feel superior :D

Actually, social conservatives are just my polar opposite, so I thought why not? Could make coming to DP a little more interesting for that month.

Have any of our local money loving conservatives taken you up on this offer?

Have any of our local money loving conservatives taken you up on this offer?

Not yet... but I've been contacted by someone this morning asking to clarify a rule further.

Give it time. :D

Hey everyone,

As you may or may not know, I'm a full time student. Although I love my program, it has left me short on money. I donated to DP a long time ago and because I am still pretty active here, I want to do so again. Unfortunately, the coffers are running dry. In light of this, I'm putting forth a challenge to the (mostly social) conservatives on this site.

If one of you makes a one year platinum donation in my name, I will become a social conservative for exactly one month. Here are some examples of how I will change my tune in topics posted on DP:

- marriage before sex
- censorship of profanity, overt sexuality or nudity, and enforcement of public moral codes
- longer prison sentences, punitive justice, and advocating for the death penalty
- defense of religious icons in the public sector, such as the pledge, 10 commandments in courthouses, etc.
- defense of creationism being taught alongside evolution in public schools (NOTE: I need people to verify if this is a "social conservative" thing or just a religious thing. If the latter, then I won't include it in my duties as a mock conservative.)

Rules

1) You cannot be an anonymous donor. You must declare your name when donating so that I may verify that you are indeed a conservative. This therefore means that you must be a conservative to initiate this challenge.

2) You cannot call me out in threads for not defending conservative values enough. You have my word that I will try my very best within my understanding of what conservativism is about. If you feel I could use some improvement, a critique via PM is more than welcome. (This goes for everyone else too.)

3) Any conservative-leaning content I post within the one month period cannot later be used to accuse me of being a hypocrite or someone who is going back on their word. Although I will do my 100% best to represent conservative values, it is not truly my social lean and so it is not a true representation of who I am. I will revert back to my true lean later on... hopefully, anyway. :)

4) If I am deviating from proscribed values, feel free to direct me to the list above. Note that the person who makes the donation will have far more sway in this department, but the opinions of others via PM will also be considered.

Hi... it's me... Bron. I'm bored since I just failed out of community college.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the stupidest, saddest, most pathetic piece of garbage I've ever read on this dump of a site, and considering I've read a lot of CC's inane nonsense, that's saying a lot.

I must say that I'm happy to see this dump has resorted to charging admission for access to the witless cesspool that is the basement. Websites generally get what they deserve.

U mad bro?

Moderator's Warning:
Pay no attention to the stupid sock puppet that has no life.

It wasn't that lame of an idea. :shrug:

It wasn't that lame of an idea. :shrug:

I thought it was a good idea for a few reasons. 1) Raises money for the website. 2) You would probably become a better debater from it by having to argue and try and convince people that you support a position that you otherwise might not.

Hey everyone,

- marriage before sex

Rules

Nope, why should I pay you to lie about what you believe?

Nope, why should I pay you to lie about what you believe?

Um, it's not lying because I'm not trying to deceive anyone.

But thanks for stopping by and dropping off your steaming pile of vitriol as usual.

Um, it's not lying because I'm not trying to deceive anyone.

But thanks for stopping by and dropping off your steaming pile of vitriol as usual.

Look, I'm a regular donor...and there was no vitriol, I don't believe in doing things that way. You need to chill.

Moderator's Warning:
Both of you chill.

Back
Top Bottom