• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Tusk: 'Turkey best example of how to treat refugees'

If you read the article, you will find that there is no such thing as you claimed based on an article written in 2014.

UNHCR - High Commissioner welcomes Turkish work permits for Syrian refugees

After all these, Could you now please question the continental Eruope and the rest of the world for not doing at least what Turkey has so far done?

Actually many countries in europe allow them to work, but it is not much of an issue because they provide them suitable living standards.

The problem was that Turkey did not provide them suitable living standards, and at the same time prevented them from working.

So what Turkey did a year ago, doesn't matter?
What matters is your continuing dishonesty even here.

Firstly in implying that that's what I said

Secondly in stating that Turkey is acting even today exactly as it did.

What matters is your continuing dishonesty even here.

Firstly in implying that that's what I said

Secondly in stating that Turkey is acting even today exactly as it did.
If that is not what you meant, then I suggest you make a better response than listing the article date.

What Turkey did a year ago matters, and many of the issues are not resolved.

If that is not what you meant, then I suggest you make a better response than listing the article date.
More dishonesty.

You implying I said what I didn't has nothing to do with your not understanding what I meant.

My listing of the article(s) dates had everything to do with your dishonest representation of claiming the described status to be that of today.
What Turkey did a year ago matters, and many of the issues are not resolved.
your deflections won't work to detract focus away from the dishonesty of your representations.

My listing of the article(s) dates had everything to do with your dishonest representation of claiming the described status to be that of today.

your deflections won't work to detract focus away from the dishonesty of your representations.

Show your honesty, where did I say I was only talking about the conditions today?

And it needs to be clear, not some BS analysis of what I said.

I am linking to those articles, because it shows that conditions are not good.

I haven't heard any refugees in europe being treated like this

The report points out that the estimated 1.38 million Syrians who live outside the government-run refugee camps struggle to secure a minimum of social and economic rights, such as education, housing and healthcare. Many families live in abject poverty, often in unsanitary, even dangerous, housing conditions. According to the Turkish Disaster and Emergency Management Presidency (AFAD), only 15% of refugees outside of camps receive humanitarian aid.​

Amnesty report reveals desperate plight of Syrian refugees in Turkey | World news | The Guardian

No, what we should is to look at how Turkey has treated their refugees in the whole period. Improvement do not excuse past behaviour, and most of the improvements is done because they like to get free stuff from the EU.

And your articles doesn't show anything. One is about work permits, which they should have given a long time ago. One just shows how many that has arrived in Turkey, do not show conditions are good. And the last one is some turkish diplomat who talks nice about Turkey.

None of these articles disprove that Turkey has sent back refugees to Syria, which no european countries have done. None of these articles disprove the terrible conditions Syrians live under in Turkey.

Thats not impressive, Germany was dealing with that many refugees in one week, and they didn't even place them in tents.

None of these excuse Turkey from returning refugees back to Syria, or the terrible conditions many of them live under.

Turkey was a big supporter of the rebels, here is one source Syria crisis: Turkey training rebels, says FSA fighter - BBC News
Turkey has also indirectly supported ISIS by trading with them, Deal with the Devil: Turkey Props Up ISIS by Buying Its Stolen Oil | Observer

I have already answered them, showed today's conditions, quoted some sentences from UN officials, links for some figures, historical approach of Turkey to refugees of Iraq, Syria; and then asked you if you will do the same questioning for the continental Europe.

Your answer is to stick to 2014 news, European dealing with very few refugees without mentioning illegal and unethical deal of Europe with Turkey to kick even those very few refugees back into Turkey, even though which according to you treats refugees bad with no working permits, health care, schooling etc, and send 2,5 m. refugees back to Syria.

I am not following any tail, unlike you; so I am ready to talk over when you come up with something worth.

Last edited:
I have already answered them, showed today's conditions, quoted some sentences from UN officials, links for some figures, historical approach of Turkey to refugees of Iraq, Syria; and then asked you if you will do the same questioning for the continental Europe.

Your answer is to stick to 2014 news, European dealing with very few refugees without mentioning illegal and unethical deal of Europe with Turkey to kick even those very few refugees back into Turkey, even though which according to you treats refugees bad with no working permits, health care, schooling etc, and send 2,5 m. refugees back to Syria.

I am not following any tail, unlike you; so I am ready to talk over when you come something worth.

Yes, I am following 2014/2015 news, because what Turkey did in the past matters. Yes, they recently allowed Syrians to work, but that is 4 years too late, and unlike europe they did not provide suitable conditions. This is terrible, not the "best example to treat refugees". And the fact they sent refugees back to Syria, just makes it even worse.

Do you think europe should model its refugee policy after Turkey? That would probably be a very good way of reducing the number of asylum seekers.

Show your honesty,
Jeezazz, the audacity of it
where did I say I was only talking about the conditions today?
post #18. Use of present tense in all items that I dated.
And it needs to be clear, not some BS analysis of what I said.
What you said is there for everyone to read. Even you could and if you would bother to do that, you'd find it be very clear.

Whether any analysis would show it to be BS is something that also everybody can decide.

Jeezazz, the audacity of itpost #18. Use of present tense in all items that I dated.
What you said is there for everyone to read. Even you could and if you would bother to do that, you'd find it be very clear.
Whether any analysis would show it to be BS is something that also everybody can decide.
I was talking present tense, because the conditions are still bad. Or do you think conditions are now good, and that the issues has been resolved?

Yes, I am following 2014/2015 news, because what Turkey did in the past matters. Yes, they recently allowed Syrians to work, but that is 4 years too late, and unlike europe they did not provide suitable conditions. This is terrible, not the "best example to treat refugees". And the fact they sent refugees back to Syria, just makes it even worse.

Do you think europe should model its refugee policy after Turkey? That would probably be a very good way of reducing the number of asylum seekers.

You are right when they showd Turkey as ''model'' witout looking 1000 years ago, or 500 years ago The UN got humiliated itself. Today USA or Japan cannot be shown as the model for underdeveloped countries if we look at the situaiton 150 years back in these two countries. Those two countries even do not deserve to be called developed. You are very logical person.

The UN shows Turkey as model after evaluating the current treatment of Countries in the world,so Turkey is the best at the moment, if you object and criticize something , you should do it for the rich and developed continental Europe or USA, not Turkey.

I was talking present tense,
Yes YOU WERE and STILL ARE
because the conditions are still bad.
NO!! That is NOT what you were saying at the time
Or do you think conditions are now good, and that the issues has been resolved?
I've mentioned that deflections won't shift focus away from your dishonest presentations. But I can do it every time you repeat this behavior, no problem at all.

So as to save the reader from succumbing to understandble boredom with the recent and rather in-detail demonstrations of dishonesties committed, the (intermediate) summary of this OP can be made in that a proven and well demonstrated anti refugee and anti Muslim poster finds it incumbent to start a rant about a country that in his fallacious opinion (unevidenced as customary) treats the very people he doesn't want in Europe badly.

Shouting "hypocrisy" at someone who praises said country's undeniable efforts and avoiding to address that accusation at the very factions that he represents and that would prefer to have the refugees in question left wherever, as long as they don't appear anywhere near them or, for that matter, him.

The whole thread would be better off named "Hypocrisy and the twisted paths it takes back to source".

That, once one cuts thru all the misrepresentations, non-sequiturs, deflections, false dichotomies, straw mannng and general gish-gallops, is what this thread REALLY represents.

Hypocrisy from the first paragraph in the OP.

and to continue the demonstration.........
If the conditions are still bad, then the article from late 2014 is relevant today.
Amnesty report reveals desperate plight of Syrian refugees in Turkey | World news | The Guardian

And it is certainly relevant when we evaluate if Turkey is the best example of how to treat refugees,
we have another deflection that serves naught to shift focus away from what was originally said.

The link is still from November 2014 BTW and trying to establish its relevance on conditions of today still remains dishonest.

and to continue the demonstration......... we have another deflection that serves naught to shift focus away from what was originally said.
Dude, the paragraph you mentioned was talking about that article, but nice try.

The logic is not complicated. The source show that Turkey treated refugees badly, and we know that they still do, hence my point "Turkey is not taking care of its refugees".

Dude, the paragraph you mentioned was talking about that article, but nice try.

The logic is not complicated. The source show that Turkey treated refugees badly, and we know that they still do, hence my point "Turkey is not taking care of its refugees".
The link is still from November 2014 BTW and trying to establish its relevance on conditions of today still remains dishonest.

I've mentioned that deflections won't shift focus away from your dishonest presentations. But I can do it every time you repeat this behavior, no problem at all.

To show some more of what one has to put up with by OPs like these
Yeah, let us become like Turkey. Let us give all refugees guest status, ban them from working, not give them access to our welfare system, do not allow their kids go to our schools, give them only enough for food, and host them in terrible tent camps.
to be followed by
The report points out that the estimated 1.38 million Syrians who live outside the government-run refugee camps struggle
both from the same poster and
ban them from working, not give them access to our welfare system, do not allow their kids go to our schools,
having been by now repeatedly addressed and refuted.

There's no denying that conditions for those refugees residing in Turkey are far from ideal but that takes nothing away from what goes on here in this thread.

Disagree, how Turkey treated its refugees in late 2014 is very relevant today.

When we evaluate if 'Turkey best example of how to treat refugees', then it doesn't just matter how they treat refugees today, but also how they treated refugees last year and previous years. Their bad treatment of refugees was a direct cause of the refugee crisis in europe.

Last edited:
What is not addressed at all by the OP, yet under the raging hypocrisy here should be, is the lousy deal that the EU has struck under the pressure of those like the OP.

To keep the whole blasted refugee nuisance IN TURKEY !!!

So you are claiming Turkey did not ban them from working?[/snip]
Any post starting with yet another lie like that one, I will address only upon the lie while snipping the rest.

What is not addressed at all by the OP, yet under the raging hypocrisy here should be, is the lousy deal that the EU has struck under the pressure of those like the OP.

To keep the whole blasted refugee nuisance IN TURKEY !!!

That is an excellent place for it.

Disagree, how Turkey treated its refugees in late 2014 is very relevant today.

When we evaluate if 'Turkey best example of how to treat refugees', then it doesn't just matter how they treat refugees today, but also how they treated refugees last year and previous years. Their bad treatment of refugees was a direct cause of the refugee crisis in europe.
Alone treehouse already covered this.

Tusk and the UN were speaking of TODAY.

Just another futile deflection attempt from you.

And coldjoint,

quit quoting my posts, it's annoying. You know I can't and won't read them.

Waste somebody else's time with what I suspect to be an inanity.

Back
Top Bottom