• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump''s surprisingly good diet tips

Bunches of other candidates have over the years gotten reamed for using a fork on pizza, but our Don has such an enormous ego, he does not care, he does what he wants. I actually use a fork on Rockford pizza at my favorite places. The pizza is a bit unusual and I like to eat the topping first with a fork, then sprinkle lots of red pepper and cheese over the crust, then I eat that with my hands. I have some strange food habits for sure.

Bunches of other candidates have over the years gotten reamed for using a fork on pizza, but our Don has such an enormous ego, he does not care, he does what he wants. I actually use a fork on Rockford pizza at my favorite places. The pizza is a bit unusual and I like to eat the topping first with a fork, then sprinkle lots of red pepper and cheese over the crust, then I eat that with my hands. I have some strange food habits for sure.
:lamo

No offense Hawkeye, but you realize that's little-kid style?

They eat the toppings first, then the remaining dough.

I sometimes eat more substantial pizza with a fork & knife, though (ex: Home Run Inn).

:lamo

No offense Hawkeye, but you realize that's little-kid style?

They eat the toppings first, then the remaining dough.

I sometimes eat more substantial pizza with a fork & knife, though (ex: Home Run Inn).

OH NO YOU DON'T!..... :2mad:
You are fine, Old Chicago (NOT Old Milwaukee! YUK) Pal.... We Zennists learn to be as children in a sense, being judged to act like children is not offensive to what little ego we have I should think....It is sorta a compliment. If I am looking like a child eating this pizza I dont give a damn.

Rockford Pizza is the Chicago Thin, cut in squares of course, with raw fennel sausage a must. Have you even had the pleasure of eating Chicago Thin crust ONLY that had been baked with a half inch of toppings over it with those said toppings including three kinds of cheese, and of course very fine raw fennel sausage with lots of grease and anchovies that had been packed in oil (THERE WILL BE NO WATER PACKED ANCHOVIES SERVED TO ME... GO IT?)not very well drained because the cook is in a hurry with LIBERAL amounts of Parm and red pepper over the top??? With years ago that being a pitcher of Old Style next to it??

O.M.G.

The perfect balance of grains, grease, tomato, cheese and spice is what it is. DO NOT forget the anchovies, it's not the same without them. You understand I am sure that these anchovies are baked in for like 25-40 minutes (depending upon the topping inchage) so they are disintegrated, the flavor is everywhere.

:2dance:

EDIT: My 84 word sentence is not unintentional, in case you were wondering. ;)

Last edited:
yea

because the donald is such a healthy, lean specimen who we should all strive to emulate

No habits are "strange" as long as they are yours and it is what you like to do.

However, in Brooklyn if you do not fold the pizza in the middle, you are not a man....so I have heard.

When I was in the Navy, it was at breakfast where I saw the weirdest practices.

Sausage all mixed in with the hot cakes and syrup, chocolate milk & white milk mixed 50/50, hotcakes with sausage rolled up inside and dipped in syrup, you name it, and some squid did it.

No habits are "strange" as long as they are yours and it is what you like to do.

However, in Brooklyn if you do not fold the pizza in the middle, you are not a man....so I have heard.

Sausage all mixed in with the hot cakes and syrup, chocolate milk & white milk mixed 50/50, hotcakes with sausage rolled up inside and dipped in syrup, you name it, and some squid did it.

I contract fed USA Munich/FT Huachuca/Ft Lewis for 10 years...I know.

Gotta tell you though, the strangest I think are these guys who eat the same thing day after day, week after week. I remember one guy that was burger at lunch and sloppy joe for dinner, for like 6-8 months. I asked this southern boy once why he never had anything else, he told me that was not sure if he would like it, and did not want to take the chance. He was new to the Army, I assume he branched eventually. Breakfast strange....one guy no matter what he got would have us throw a ladle of grits over it (a lot of time they were too runny). YUK.

I couldn't do it.

Last edited:
I contract fed USA Munich/FT Huachuca/Ft Lewis for 10 years...I know.

Gotta tell you though, the strangest I think are these guys who eat the same thing day after day, week after week. I remember one guy that was burger at lunch and sloppy joe for dinner, for like 6-8 months. I asked this southern boy once why he never had anything else, he told me that was not sure if he would like it, and did not want to take the chance. He was new to the Army, I assume he branched eventually. Breakfast strange....one guy no matter what he got would have us throw a ladle of grits over it (a lot of time they were too runny). YUK.

I couldn't do it.

Yup, I saw through an entire deployment, some guys only eat sliders (hamburgers) for the entire 6 months.

I guess that is proof they are the perfect food. :)

OH NO YOU DON'T!..... :2mad:

<snip>
I'm exactly with you in this, but prefer easy cheese and moderate use of toppings. The sauce should be a bit tangy, sweet & spicy, and it's gotta' be well seasoned with Italian herbs & seasonings. The sausage should be pork based, & must have *freshly cracked* fennel seed!

Olive oil is a critical component, both in the sauce and painted over the dough before the sauce, and oregano should be over the sauce but before the cheese.

There's got to be grated Parmesan (or Incanestrato) over the sauce layer, and the cheese mixture should be a mixture of mozzarella & scamorza, with a little provolone added to taste.

If there's going to be sweet peppers on it - they better be firstly baked in olive oil & garlic as a separate step!

And anchovy is required - not optional! :cheers:

(And yes - crushed red pepper is a classic pairing to anchovy)

Nick & Vitos (still on the Southside) is probably the best extant example available, even though it's been highly promoted nationally (there were many similar on the Southside - now gone). Marcello's 'Father & Son' on the Northside, and now in Northbrook, is passable. But none compare at all to the real-deal stuff of my old favorite but now long gone 'home' place on the Southside. The neighborhoods changed, and all these great places from an earlier era are gone along with the previous inhabitants.

If you think the 'right' Parmesan is the hardest most pungent you can find, consider trying Incanestrato. It's like parm on steroids, and still hasn't caught on much with non-Italians, so it's always imported and not blanded-out for American tastes. It can be found in Sicilian and Southern Italian (Calabrese, etc.) delis.

And yes, when I was a young kid I hung in the kitchen of a very old-school pizzeria a few blocks from my house. It was owned by an aging Sicilian from the old country, who spoke (very) broken English. He took to me in a grandfather-like way, and I hung in that kitchen off & on until I was in my late twenties and his declining health and age forced him to close the business. He really ran it more as a hobby anyway for his Sicilian paisans and their families, and they ran a book out of the back! It was a great little club-like neighborhood place! I miss it greatly!

Hey, 1/2 & 1/2 chocolate milk is pretty good, and so are 'pigs in a blanket'! Pigs in a blanket are delicious! Try it!

yea

because the donald is such a healthy, lean specimen who we should all strive to emulate

He has put on some weight a bit but he does have a lot energy, he seems fairly healthy.

He has put on some weight a bit but he does have a lot energy, he seems fairly healthy.

yep, his business suit conceals a svelte figure just as hillary's pantsuit conceals sexy legs

Tip number 2:

The Donald said:
"Breakfast might consist of an egg-white omelet with spinach, tomatoes, and a little feta cheese, a small cup of tropical fruit, and a mimosa made with freshly squeezed orange juice.

Tip number 4:

The Donald said:
"If you’re a drinker (which I’m not), enjoy a glass of fine wine, but don’t overindulge in alcohol. It can be a high-calorie and dangerous habit."
[From the article - Trump claims he’s never touched an ounce of the stuff.]

:confused:

Virgin mimosa's maybe??

yea

Remember he is 70 years old, or awfully close. He was slim when he was younger.

I'm exactly with you in this, but prefer easy cheese and moderate use of toppings. The sauce should be a bit tangy, sweet & spicy, and it's gotta' be well seasoned with Italian herbs & seasonings. The sausage should be pork based, & must have *freshly cracked* fennel seed!

Olive oil is a critical component, both in the sauce and painted over the dough before the sauce, and oregano should be over the sauce but before the cheese.

There's got to be grated Parmesan (or Incanestrato) over the sauce layer, and the cheese mixture should be a mixture of mozzarella & scamorza, with a little provolone added to taste.

If there's going to be sweet peppers on it - they better be firstly baked in olive oil & garlic as a separate step!

And anchovy is required - not optional! :cheers:

Anchovy is the number one if i had to get a meat topping.

Back
Top Bottom