• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Won’t Self-Fund General-Election Campaign

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Naturally. Given that so much of his "self funding" in the Primary was structured as loans, he's gotta pay himself back (with interest).

Facing a prospective tab of more than $1 billion to finance a general-election run for the White House, Donald Trump reversed course Wednesday and said he would actively raise money to ensure his campaign has the resources to compete with Hillary Clinton’s fundraising juggernaut....

I can’t wait to the hear the ad-hoc excuses that are assembled in favor of this shift. To hear Trump tell it, the problem with other politicians is that they can only get to Washington by taking money from people whom they then owe favors. The Republican party, Trump has claimed, is chock full of men and women who are beholden to special interests; while he, by contrast, is pure as the driven snow. And yet Trump is here promising to raise money from precisely the same people he has previously described as the problem — not only from the “elite” private interests, but alongside the RNC itself. Are we really to believe that the Money Corrupts! claim obtains only during the primaries, victory in which affords a candidate no actual power, but not during the general, which delivers to the victor the most powerful office in the land?

Trump has, at all stages in his life, repeatedly shown that he will always place increasing his wealth and stroking his own ego over being a decent human being. There is no reason to believe this election will be any different.

Naturally. Given that so much of his "self funding" in the Primary was structured as loans, he's gotta pay himself back (with interest).

Now i wouldn't want to talk Trump's book, but in this he is relatively okay. He has shown he will put his money, where his mouth is.

Naw he will just declare bankruptcy and leave the bill with the taxpayer.. that is after all what he has done 4 times so far.

I can't wait until the elite buys him off. Probably the Liberal ones, too - he was one of them until he realized he could sucker people into thinking he's a Republican. But knowing his loyal fans, they'll chalk it up to Donald being a cool business man.

I'm wondering if this election isn't going to be an enjoyable 3-ring circus.

Trump has, at all stages in his life, repeatedly shown that he will always place increasing his wealth and stroking his own ego over being a decent human being. There is no reason to believe this election will be any different.

He certainly is not a man one would want to see in the White House.

Another Trump card in Shillary's hand, should be entertaining when she decides to play it.

non-issue.

He wasn't self-funded in the primaries so comes as no surprise.

Naw he will just declare bankruptcy and leave the bill with the taxpayer.. that is after all what he has done 4 times so far.

You're so jealous of Trump that you have to spread long debunked lies.

Hillary has never made an honest dollar in her life. She's been living off the government dole, foreign donations, campaign finances, inside real estate deals, and "speaking" fees from Wall Street her whole adult life.

I can't wait until the elite buys him off. Probably the Liberal ones, too - he was one of them until he realized he could sucker people into thinking he's a Republican. But knowing his loyal fans, they'll chalk it up to Donald being a cool business man.

Thank God there are still Conservatives, such as yourself that still know which way is Up. A Purge is order after the election I do hope it will be Conservatives such as yourself that lead the move to clean house, oh and set up some sort of Vetting System for GOP candidates.

It's unfortunate that you don' know the difference between conservative and Republican but then again you're part of the #neverTrump movement so I don't expect you to understand things of political substance.

It's unfortunate that you don' know the difference between conservative and Republican but then again you're part of the #neverTrump movement so I don't expect you to understand things of political substance.

Oh, my bad. You think Trump is a conservative, not a Republican.

Thanks for an even harder laugh.

Thank God there are still Conservatives, such as yourself that still know which way is Up. A Purge is order after the election I do hope it will be Conservatives such as yourself that lead the move to clean house, oh and set up some sort of Vetting System for GOP candidates.

The only thing I want to purge in the short term is Trump and every idiot who ensured him the nomination. They are far, far more dangerous than any politician masquerading as a Conservative.

In all fairness, why would he self fund his general election campaign? General election campaigns are crazy expensive and if voters or interests want Trump for their president, then they need to dig out their wallets and help pay for it.

The only thing I want to purge in the short term is Trump and every idiot who ensured him the nomination. They are far, far more dangerous than any politician masquerading as a Conservative.

:lamo She says as she's being purged.

Why don't you give it a try anyway?

The question is not whether I do, or Tres, but whether you do. And frankly I don't think you have the first clue. As usual you hurl out labels without knowing what they are, echoing the mindless meme of Trumpettes

In all fairness, why would he self fund his general election campaign? General election campaigns are crazy expensive and if voters or interests want Trump for their president, then they need to dig out their wallets and help pay for it.

It's a valid question considering he made such a huge deal over "self financing" his leadership bid....much of which it appears is a 'loan'.

I think you are right about that Tres. All these tea party disenfranchised people who are so pissed off that "the establishment," have a rude awakening coming. They think Romney and McCain were bad choices because of how liberal they thought they were??? I shudder what to think Trump will do to the Conservative principles they think the country is formed on. If Trump manages to beat Hillary, he will not be the staunch conservative that he says he is today. He will be thrown into a room where most people aren't, so there will be no "need" for him to be one either. He is only a conservative now because it helps him get votes and helps his ego and his brand (which is his business). I believe he will do a complete 180 on all these far right positions that he has taken, (like he told the New York Times), and not do any of his lofty promises! He will be more incompetent than Jimmy Carter was and more thin-skinned than Obama.

Trump is so evil, using his own funds and very credit sources, unlike Hillary laundering money through the Clinton Foundation in numerous "quid quo pro" deals as Secty of State Graft.

I think you are right about that Tres. All these tea party disenfranchised people who are so pissed off that "the establishment," have a rude awakening coming. They think Romney and McCain were bad choices because of how liberal they thought they were??? I shudder what to think Trump will do to the Conservative principles they think the country is formed on. If Trump manages to beat Hillary, he will not be the staunch conservative that he says he is today. He will be thrown into a room where most people aren't, so there will be no "need" for him to be one either. He is only a conservative now because it helps him get votes and helps his ego and his brand (which is his business). I believe he will do a complete 180 on all these far right positions that he has taken, (like he told the New York Times), and not do any of his lofty promises! He will be more incompetent than Jimmy Carter was and more thin-skinned than Obama.

Anyone who says that McCain and Romney were too Liberal but actually supports Trump, who was a Liberal his entire life (and proud of it), deserves what he's about to do to them. He will make Obama look like a good President when it's over - assuming he beats that moron Clinton, which he won't.

You're so jealous of Trump that you have to spread long debunked lies.

Wait...you're saying that Trump did not declare bankruptcy? Or are you banking that assertion on the difference between Trump individually and four of Trump's businesses that did declare bankruptcy?

Are you sure you want to go that route?

Hillary has never made an honest dollar in her life. She's been living off the government dole, foreign donations, campaign finances, inside real estate deals, and "speaking" fees from Wall Street her whole adult life.

And because of that, you are going to vote for someone who is much like her. Makes sense...... Not.

Gary Johnson 2016.

Of course Trump isnt self funding, there is plenty of evidence that he doesn't even have $1 billion

Back
Top Bottom