• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump wants to build a wall – to save his golf course from global warming

Threegoofs

Sophisticated man-about-town
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
The city Fox News viewers are afraid to travel to
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
From Politico.

Grifters will grift, deniers will deny.

Trump acknowledges climate change — at his golf course

The billionaire, who called global warming a hoax, warns of its dire effects in his company's application to build a sea wall.

By BEN SCHRECKINGER 05/23/16 05:35 AM EDT

Donald Trump says he is “not a big believer in global warming.” He has called it “a total hoax,” “bull****” and “pseudoscience.”

But he is also trying to build a sea wall designed to protect one of his golf courses from “global warming and its effects.”

The New York billionaire is applying for permission to erect a coastal protection works to prevent erosion at his seaside golf resort, Trump International Golf Links & Hotel Ireland, in County Clare.

A permit application for the wall, filed by Trump International Golf Links Ireland and reviewed by POLITICO, explicitly cites global warming and its consequences — increased erosion due to rising sea levels and extreme weather this century — as a chief justification for building the structure.

The zoning application raises further questions about how the billionaire developer would confront a risk he has publicly minimized but that has been identified as a defining challenge of this era by world leaders, global industry and the American military. His public disavowal of climate science at the same time he moves to secure his own holdings against the effects of climate change also illustrates the conflict between his political rhetoric and the realities of running a business with seaside assets in the 21st century.

“It's diabolical," said former South Carolina Republican Rep. Bob Inglis, an advocate of conservative solutions to climate change. “Donald Trump is working to ensure his at-risk properties and his company is trying to figure out how to deal with sea level rise. Meanwhile, he’s saying things to audiences that he must know are not true. … You have a soft place in your heart for people who are honestly ignorant, but people who are deceitful, that’s a different thing.”

Neither Trump’s spokeswoman, Hope Hicks, nor Alan Garten, the general counsel of the Trump Organization, the umbrella company for Trump’s business ventures, responded to requests for comment.

Read more: Donald Trump acknowledges climate change — at his golf course - POLITICO

From Politico.

IMO it should be an underground electric fence that releases a good shock to anyone who steps on the ground past the designated lines. Give em a good shock when the criminals try to enter.

This will end up used against him, as it should.

Again, his followers won't care.

At least he's consistent. He has said and done the same on the topic of his bankruptcies and buying political favors. No doubt there are other examples.

Trump will leverage anything available to get what he wants. Whether he thinks the policy\strategy he is using in the moment is right or wrong has nothing to do with it.

Whether that makes for good policy is an open question. My instinct is that it's bad, as his method could potentially burn a lot of bridges, especially with foreign leaders.

From Politico.

When applying for building permits, especially for shoreline, one uses every argument possible for justification. I'm also "just sure" Donald Trump made that application himself.

A sea wall to protect from erosion.

Lord have mercy.

From Politico.

I am not a fan of Trump but usually when people talk about climate change they are talking about man made climate change.They might just say global warming or just climate change but they are usually talking about man made climate change.

Yawn.... zzzzzzz.... Yet another nothing burger.

It doesn't matter what Trump believes. It only matters what the approver believes. If the approver has a checklist that says global warming is a valid reason for a sea wall, and you have a property on the sea that needs protecting, then that is what you put down on the form.

Lets move on now. I am sure there is another barrel that needs its bottom scraped.

That is because it is irrelevant.

Oh?

Why is that? How can something that demonstrates without a shadow of doubt that he is dishonest and self centered not be relevant in a presidential campaign. I mean fair's fair, Donald held Obama to account on the very, very, 'oh so serious' birther issue, therefor it's fair game to look at everything he's done. He's the one who forced Obama to produce the birth certificate it's only right that he be held to account on HIS statements.

I would like to see HIS birth certificate, at least to settle the issue of whether he's actually a human, with all that orange that's a reasonable request, eh.

I am not a fan of Trump but usually when people talk about climate change they are talking about man made climate change.They might just say global warming or just climate change but they are usually talking about man made climate change.

and your point is?...

This is what cognitive dissonance looks like in practice.

It doesn't matter what Trump believes. It only matters what the approver believes. If the approver has a checklist that says global warming is a valid reason for a sea wall, and you have a property on the sea that needs protecting, then that is what you put down on the form.

Lets move on now. I am sure there is another barrel that needs its bottom scraped.

In other words - whatever you have to say to make money.

Just the kind of moral stance I want in a President!

Grifters are gonna grift.

So now you're accussing Donald Trump of lying on the petition?

Oh look. More silly irrelevant bs. Figures.

Donald Trump takes a position one day and a completely separate position in private on the next day.

Donald Trump supporters don't care what position he takes, just so long as Donald Trump is the one to say it.

Donald Trump takes a position one day and a completely separate position in private on the next day.
No he didn't.

No he didn't.

Really? You see the positions of "Global Warming is a hoax" and "Global Warming could be more severe than scientists predict" as being consistent?

Oh look. More silly irrelevant bs. Figures.

It would be impossible to catch up to you though. You've set a level that is untouchable over your time here.

Back
Top Bottom