• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump wants to build a wall – to save his golf course from global warming

You need to stop imagining.

Two, Victoria Island is in the Arctic.

So we know you don't fact check.

And how the **** do you not see him denying global warming on the one hand and using it as an excuse to build a retaining wall? So hypocrisy is simply a process?
Sorry, I was thinking of Vancouver Island, where the city of Vitoria, BC is ?
Bad assumption on my part.
I am not sure if Trump has denied AGW, From what I have read he is skeptical of the
catastrophic claims of the IPCC, but then everyone should be.

I am not sure if Trump has denied AGW, From what I have read he is skeptical of the
catastrophic claims of the IPCC
, but then everyone should be.

This IS the dishonesty of the Trump campaign. He has made many, many statements against global warming. He then turns around and uses AGW as an excuse to protect his property. But, for some reason, all his claims seem to get mitigated when he's caught with his dick in the sink.

But, this is but a teensy one compared to his many claims and statements. Based on that, simply by the sheer volume of discrepancies, his statements deserve no mitigation. He's a fraud, a carnival huckster who inherited a fortune to start with

So now you're accussing Donald Trump of lying on the petition?

Nope, I am suggesting that President Trump (just getting everyone used to hearing it) knows how to take care of business. If some cubicle bureaucrat wants to see crapola before he or she approves a form, then you feed them the crapola and move on.

This IS the dishonesty of the Trump campaign. He has made many, many statements against global warming. He then turns around and uses AGW as an excuse to protect his property. But, for some reason, all his claims seem to get mitigated when he's caught with his dick in the sink.

But, this is but a teensy one compared to his many claims and statements. Based on that, simply by the sheer volume of discrepancies, his statements deserve no mitigation. He's a fraud, a carnival huckster who inherited a fortune to start with
For all we know, he had nothing to do with filling out the permit application.
A company like that hires local permitting experts, who know the reviewers, and what they want to see.
The architecture firms I have dealt with, were strong proponents of contracting out permitting,
especially when working in an unfamiliar city.
Think of it like a pilot in a port, they know the local waters.

A company like that hires local permitting experts, who know the reviewers, and what they want to see.
The architecture firms I have dealt with, were strong proponents of contracting out permitting,

IN other words - its fine to lie when you want to make money.

Exactly what I want in a President!

In other words - whatever you have to say to make money.

Just the kind of moral stance I want in a President!

Grifters are gonna grift.

No, there are no "other words" in play. I used exactly the words I wanted to use.

He just followed the rules in order to take care of business, nothing immoral about that.

catastrophic claims of the IPCC, but then everyone should be.

Read the article linked in the OP then. Here are a few of his messages on the topic.

“We should be focused on clean and beautiful air-not expensive and business closing GLOBAL WARMING-a total hoax!”

“This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps, and our GW scientists are stuck in ice.”

“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

The last statement is the only one to which he labeled (later) as a joke.

No, there are no "other words" in play. I used exactly the words I wanted to use.

He just followed the rules in order to take care of business, nothing immoral about that.

If you make a false statement on a form, even if it is because you feel it is what the other side wants to hear, then you are acting both immorally and illegally.

Nope, I am suggesting that President Trump (just getting everyone used to hearing it) knows how to take care of business. If some cubicle bureaucrat wants to see crapola before he or she approves a form, then you feed them the crapola and move on.

If he is elected President (and he will not), then he will spend his first few days in office at the court house dealing with Fraud charges in both California and New York.

Read the article linked in the OP then. Here are a few of his messages on the topic.

The last statement is the only one to which he labeled (later) as a joke.
Do you know who Machiavelli is, and the characteristic of his prince?
I am not really a Trump supporter, I have said I will vote for him, if he is the Republican candidate.
I cannot read his mind(I don't think I would want to anyway.), but his opinions
on AGW are not that different from my own, (and he is not Hillery).
Some here see hypocrisy in Trumps company using AGW as a justification for enhancing,
the natural protection for a piece of his property.
I see it as how business is done.

Do you know who Machiavelli is, and the characteristic of his prince?

I do know Machiavelli and I also know that his character from the Prince was written as pure, unadulterated sarcasm that still gets misinterpreted as a legitimate political theory to this day.

Machiavelli was part of the ruling class in Italy before a new group came into power, imprisoned him, and then broke his legs. At that point, he wrote The Prince. The only reason that Macchiavelli is even synonymous with the notion that the ends justify the means is because his other works, all of which are very egalitarian, are much longer and more dense than the easy book that highschool english teachers love to assign.

If he is elected President (and he will not), then he will spend his first few days in office at the court house dealing with Fraud charges in both California and New York.

When he is elected (and he will), what will the charges be?

If you make a false statement on a form, even if it is because you feel it is what the other side wants to hear, then you are acting both immorally and illegally.

What was false? Is the climate not warming?

When he is elected (and he will), what will the charges be?

The same charges that are being pursued against him currently: Fraud.

Mitigate, mitigate, mitigate.

I guess that's OK then. I mean who needs a commander in chief who takes personal responsibility when you can blame everything on the people who work for you.

That is sounding very Hillary-is, however.

And again, the fact that Trump's filings specifically reference the predictions of sea level rise from global warming makes it abundantly clear to a rational read that the petition accepts and elaborates on sea level rise that is occurring because of non-natural forces.

If you accept that climate change is a naturally occurring event then you accept that sea level rise is a possibility. You don't need to believe in the man made global warming fairy tale nonsense to believe in naturally occurring climate change and the things associated with it.

Mitigate, mitigate, mitigate.

I guess that's OK then. I mean who needs a commander in chief who takes personal responsibility when you can blame everything on the people who work for you.

That is sounding very Hillary-is, however.
Call it what you will, I still suspect Trump has little to do with many small day to day
things that go on on a large company. He may have placed capable people who make
decisions like he would make, but beyond that he may just get a report of troubled projects.

If you accept that climate change is a naturally occurring event then you accept that sea level rise is a possibility. You don't need to believe in the man made global warming fairy tale nonsense to believe in naturally occurring climate change and the things associated with it.

Donald's public statements seem to directly state that he does not even believe in naturally occurring global warming.

Donald's public statements seem to directly state that he does not even believe in naturally occurring global warming.

Did he clearly state he did not believe in natural climate change? Because both sides generally use the just the term "climate change" when talking about man made climate change. Because I do not think the man made global warming fairy tale believers would be trying to impose regulations,taxes and other **** for something they believed was a 100% naturally occurring.I could be wrong on that though. If the opposing side honestly thought that the man made global warming fairy tale believers were only talking about naturally occurring climate change then they would be heavily criticizing them for trying to tax,regulate and other **** for something that they know occurs naturally and probably label the man made global warming fairy tale believers as dangerous for deliberately trying to alter or stop climate change. But yet both sides use the term "climate change" interchangeable with man made or anthropogenic climate change.

Did he clearly state he did not believe in natural climate change?

“We should be focused on clean and beautiful air-not expensive and business closing GLOBAL WARMING-a total hoax!”

“This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bull**** has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps, and our GW scientists are stuck in ice.”

Feel free to read whatever subtle distinction out of those quotes that you like.

Feel free to read whatever subtle distinction out of those quotes that you like.

Remember the distinction.

"Natural' climate change is when you dont admit to causing the problem (although all evidence points to the opposite) , so you dont have to take the blame.

Pretty much right in Trump's wheelhouse.

What?

You're a VERY poor loser.
Loser?
What a silly reply.
I haven't lost anything.

I never even mentioned AGW.
As we are speaking of Trump's beliefs, you didn't have to.

I listed a few of his other dangerous ideas.
Besides being irrelevant because your beliefs are based in bias, it is irrelevant to the specifics of this topic.

I see the man as a fraud, a bully, a dinosaur and a liar.
Like I said. Biased.

It appears I am in the mainstream worldwide on that
Hilarious. Another biased assumption that doesn't appear to be true at all.

while you are among a group of very angry supporters, which have earned the name "Trumpets"

You appear to be trying to foist the idea you have never drank the cool aid, and are of course not biased, you just think Trump is a god and anyone who doesn't agree is "silly".
More hilarity.
Your irrational bias blinds you to reality.
What did you not understand about the following reply?

"The fact that you think I am a Trumpet speaks to your own bias."

Since you were unable to get the gist of that reply, let me help you out.
I didn't vote for Trump in the Primary. You know why? Because I am not a "Trumpet" as your irrational biased leads you to think.
And just because I am able and willing to correct the false, exaggerated and out of context claims about Trump, doesn't make me a Trumpet either.

Look, you can't win this.
iLOL You can't win this because your irrational bias clouds your ability to see reality.

We have documented Trump is a liar, even to the point of pretending to be his own 'butler' to talk about what a great guy is Donald Trump. We have documented he cannot be trusted, as he's flip flopped on more than 20 issues, on of them within two hours. We have documented he's a fraud and a bully who offers to pay the legal costs of the people get incites to beat on others.
Exaggerated and out of context bs is not documentation. It is sad that you think it actually is.

From Politico.

Grifters will grift, deniers will deny.

Old new.

Erosion at the shores is natural.

What is this about except for more pathetic attempts to discredit a man?

Again, his followers won't care.

And people like you don't care that this is a pathetic political attack. You get on the bandwagon, out of ignorance, just because it meets with your conformation bias.

Back
Top Bottom