• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump wants to build a wall – to save his golf course from global warming

This is what cognitive dissonance looks like in practice.
Just because you don't believe in the man made global warming fairy tale nonsense doesn't mean you discount erosion and natural climate change. To be fair Trump is a notorious flip flopper.

Really? You see the positions of "Global Warming is a hoax" and "Global Warming could be more severe than scientists predict" as being consistent?

Please show me where believing in weather and that it naturally changes, means that the global warming attributed to a anthropomorphic causes is the same.
You can't. So just stop with the silliness.

Yes!

Hilarious. It demonstrates no such thing.

I'm glad you said that.

So, can I take that to mean you are saying Donald Trump doesn't lie? Are you saying he hasn't been dishonest? Are you saying he has never been a bigot, or a sexist?

You're going to have to do better than your usual "no it isn't' responses, the man belongs in jail, not the White House

Please show me where believing in weather and that it naturally changes, means that the global warming attributed to a anthropomorphic causes is the same.
You can't. So just stop with the silliness.

Keep on massaging that cognitive dissonance.

It would be impossible to catch up to you though. You've set a level that is untouchable over your time here.

Oh look. More silly irrelevant bs. Figures.

Keep on massaging that cognitive dissonance.
Hilarious.
Clearly you do not know what the term actual means.

Just because you don't believe in the man made global warming fairy tale nonsense doesn't mean you discount erosion and natural climate change. To be fair Trump is a notorious flip flopper.

The fact that Trump's filings specifically references the predictions of sea level rise from global warming makes it abundantly clear to a rational reader that the petition accepts and is elaborating on sea level rise that is occurring because of non-natural forces.

Hilarious.
Clearly you do not know what the term actual means.

It means that you believe or accept two contradictory facts at the same time through the use of a mental rationalization that justifies both beliefs.

Here, you are reading a public statement and a private statement from Donald Trump that, on the objective face of the statements, are contradictory. But you have rationalized both statements as consistent because you are reading a new interpretation of one of those statements in order to make the statements consistent and to allow your brain to rationalize how you can agree with Donald Trump's two statements at the same time.

P.S. The fact that you had to use "clearly" in your post means that the argument is probably not so clear.

P.S.S. Also the fact that I just wrecked you proves that your argument is not so clear.

Last edited:
The fact that Trump's filings specifically references the predictions of sea level rise from global warming makes it abundantly clear to a rational reader that the petition accepts and is elaborating on sea level rise that is occurring because of non-natural forces.
There's the problem. Trump supporters aren't rational just like the Obama supporters in 2008.

Again disbelief in man made climate change doesn't mean you don't believe in natural climate change.

Hilarious.
Please point out how that refutes what I said.

Really?

You CAN read right?

Oh wait......you're a Trumpet. The fact that he's reversed himself on more than 20 issues doesn't even suggest to you that he might be, well, too stupid to be president?

It would convince any sane person...

Again disbelief in man made climate change doesn't mean you don't believe in natural climate change.

And again, the fact that Trump's filings specifically reference the predictions of sea level rise from global warming makes it abundantly clear to a rational read that the petition accepts and elaborates on sea level rise that is occurring because of non-natural forces.

There's the problem. Trump supporters aren't rational just like the Obama supporters in 2008.

You know, that's funny because I was thinking the same thing the other day. One of the main themes they have in common is that it's all about how everyone is out to get them. The other is the use of words like "silly", "hilarious" and so forth. It's their way of dismissing the facts by calling the messenger "silly".

Nothing is "silly" in this election. Despite the humor around Trump and his displays of incompetence, there is nothing humorous in this election.

Fate favors the well prepared! If he can get approval for his seawall to protect his expensive property
by citing what the people who will be reviewing his permit believe, more power to him.
Western Ireland get very bad storms, a seawall is likely a good idea.
It is difficult to say if that portion of Ireland is seeing much sea level rise,
the other side by Dublin is not seeing much.
Global Sea Level Trends - Mean Sea Level Trend

It means that you believe or accept two contradictory facts at the same time through the use of a mental rationalization that justifies both beliefs.

Here, you are reading a public statement and a private statement from Donald Trump that, on the objective face of the statements, are contradictory. But you have rationalized both statements as consistent because you are reading a new interpretation of one of those statements in order to make the statements consistent and to allow your brain to rationalize how you can agree with Donald Trump's two statements at the same time.

P.S. The fact that you had to use "clearly" in your post means that the argument is probably not so clear.

P.S.S. Also the fact that I just wrecked you proves that your argument is not so clear.
Again you show you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ...

First and foremost, there is no discomfort, nor is there an opposite belief in my position.

Your assumptions are ridiculous and clearly flawed.
Not just in relation to me but in what you assume about Trump.

There are no contradictory beliefs here. That is an absurd assumption by you because you apparently do not want to understand that a person can acknowledge global warming as being natural without attributing it to anthropomorphic causes.

... because you are reading a new interpretation of one of those statements...
Wrong.
You are interpreting it to mean the Global Warming as in AGW.
That interpretation is not a permissible assumption under what Trump has already said in regards to weather changing.

Really?

You CAN read right?

Oh wait......you're a Trumpet. The fact that he's reversed himself on more than 20 issues doesn't even suggest to you that he might be, well, too stupid to be president?

It would convince any sane person...
The fact that you think I am a Trumpet speaks to your own bias.
That bias is what also leads you to think irrationally about this topic.

Please show that Trump's belief in natural weather change means he believes in AGW. You can't. The two simply are not the same.

Sure. Mr. T said:

Than you said:

Then I posted a link that shows he's a constant flip-flopper.
Lame.

I see you do not understand context.

The exchange is in relation to one specific. In this case that context and specific was global warming.

Not other things outside of that scope.

Again you show you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ...

First and foremost, there is no discomfort, nor is there an opposite belief in my position.

Your assumptions are ridiculous and clearly flawed.
Not just in relation to me but in what you assume about Trump.

There are no contradictory beliefs here. That is an absurd assumption by you because you apparently do not want to understand that a person can acknowledge global warming as being natural without attributing it to anthropomorphic causes.

Wrong.
You are interpreting it to mean the Global Warming as in AGW.
That interpretation is not a permissible assumption under what Trump has already said in regards to weather changing.

The fact that you think I am a Trumpet speaks to your own bias.
That bias is what also leads you to think irrationally about this topic.

Please show that Trump's belief in natural weather change means he believes in AGW. You can't. The two simply are not the same.

What?

You're a VERY poor loser.

I never even mentioned AGW. I listed a few of his other dangerous ideas.

Yes, I am biased. I see the man as a fraud, a bully, a dinosaur and a liar. It appears I am in the mainstream worldwide on that while you are among a group of very angry supporters, which have earned the name "Trumpets"

You appear to be trying to foist the idea you have never drank the cool aid, and are of course not biased, you just think Trump is a god and anyone who doesn't agree is "silly".

Look, you can't win this. Not by hiding behind internet troll posts and introducing straw men.

We have documented Trump is a liar, even to the point of pretending to be his own 'butler' to talk about what a great guy is Donald Trump. We have documented he cannot be trusted, as he's flip flopped on more than 20 issues, on of them within two hours. We have documented he's a fraud and a bully who offers to pay the legal costs of the people get incites to beat on others.

What have you documented? Merely that you can ignore all of the above and call people "silly".

Fate favors the well prepared! If he can get approval for his seawall to protect his expensive property
by citing what the people who will be reviewing his permit believe, more power to him.
Western Ireland get very bad storms, a seawall is likely a good idea.
It is difficult to say if that portion of Ireland is seeing much sea level rise,
the other side by Dublin is not seeing much.
Global Sea Level Trends - Mean Sea Level Trend

The fact that he says one thing and does another doesn't bother you?

Lame.

I see you do not understand context.

The exchange is in relation to one specific. In this case that context and specific was global warming.

Not other things outside of that scope.

Same arguments made in 2008. Hope it helps you sleep at night.

The fact that he says one thing and does another doesn't bother you?
Not from the perspective of the article.
I Imagine that western Ireland would be similar to the Pacific side of Victoria Island,
and subject to some occasionally really bad storms.
If someone had property near the waterline, a seawall would be a good idea,
not withstanding global warming or sea level rise.
If the permitting goes smother by saying they are asking for the permit because of global warming,
that is just part of the process, not a position.

Not from the perspective of the article.
I Imagine that western Ireland would be similar to the Pacific side of Victoria Island,
and subject to some occasionally really bad storms.
If someone had property near the waterline, a seawall would be a good idea,
not withstanding global warming or sea level rise.
If the permitting goes smother by saying they are asking for the permit because of global warming,
that is just part of the process, not a position.

You need to stop imagining.

Two, Victoria Island is in the Arctic.

So we know you don't fact check.

And how the **** do you not see him denying global warming on the one hand and using it as an excuse to build a retaining wall? So hypocrisy is simply a process?

You need to stop imagining.

Two, Victoria Island is in the Arctic.

So we know you don't fact check.

And how the **** do you not see him denying global warming on the one hand and using it as an excuse to build a retaining wall? So hypocrisy is simply a process?

It's all about the context. You know, like "You didn't build that."

Back
Top Bottom