• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'[W:498]

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
In his first response to a searing charge from bereaved Army father Khizr Khan that he’d “sacrificed nothing” for his country, Donald Trump claimed that he had in fact sacrificed by employing “thousands and thousands of people.” He also suggested that Khan’s wife didn’t speak because she was forbidden to as a Muslim and questioned whether Khan’s words were his own.

He is the father of a fallen soldier. Screw him. I made sacrifices too, by employing thousands of people (Many of whom I didn't pay)...... I have only one word to describe Donald Trump...... sick.

Article is here

Re: Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'

The father of that fallen patriot scored a knock out with his short convention speech honoring his son. The Don was collecting deferments while banging models that was his sacrifice. But thats ok, better that than being a loser like McCain by getting caught after being shot down in Vietnam. How any service member could respect a CIC who utters such nonsense is beyond me. Rarely do i take what politicians utter with seriousness, as a Vet i found his remarks to be way out of line.

The father of that fallen patriot scored a knock out with his short convention speech honoring his son. The Don was collecting deferments while banging models that was his sacrifice. But thats ok, better that than being a loser like McCain by getting caught after being shot down in Vietnam. How any service member could respect a CIC who utters such nonsense is beyond me. Rarely do i take what politicians utter with seriousness, as a Vet i found his remarks to be way out of line.

Trump commented that he wished the wife would speak. The inference made is clear.
Trump keeps on getting scummier by the moment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name:homepage/story

Donald Trump responds to the Khan family: ‘Maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say’

"I saw him," Trump said of the speech. "He was very emotional and probably looked like a nice guy to me. His wife … if you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say."

"She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me," Trump continued. "But a plenty of people have written that. She was extremely quiet, and it looked like she had nothing to say. A lot of people have said that."

Ghazala did have something to say when the couple were interviewed by MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell.

Link to MSNBC interview with both parents. Start at 5.36
Slain soldier’s dad: GOP should call out Trump | MSNBC

Trump commented that he wished the wife would speak. The inference made is clear.
Whats the inference?

Trump keeps on getting scummier by the moment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d=hp_hp-top-table-main_no-name:homepage/story

Donald Trump responds to the Khan family: ‘Maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say’

Link to MSNBC interview with both parents. Start at 5.36
Slain soldier’s dad: GOP should call out Trump | MSNBC

I have no idea what Trump is insunuating with his remark in regards to Mrs. Kahn, quite sure its not a positive. The woman is a Gold Star Mom, she has sacrificed more than Trump has, she has given her son to her adopted home land. He needs to show that woman some respect and keep his dumbass comments to himself.

He is the father of a fallen soldier. Screw him. I made sacrifices too, by employing thousands of people (Many of whom I didn't pay)...... I have only one word to describe Donald Trump...... sick.

Article is here

Are you saying Trump didn't pay employees he had hired?

I have no idea what Trump is insunuating with his remark in regards to Mrs. Kahn, quite sure its not a positive. The woman is a Gold Star Mom, she has sacrificed more than Trump has, she has given her son to her adopted home land. He needs to show that woman some respect and keep his dumbass comments to himself.

That she was not permitted to speak- that she is a Muslim wife and bows down to her husband.

Are you saying Trump didn't pay employees he had hired?

Only if he "felt like it" or could not get out of it. Not to mention he made more than they did from their labor. That is not sacrifice it is profit.

Donald hasn't yet learned the art of picking your battles. The only reply he should have made to the Khans is something along the lines of, "I'm sorry for your loss and am humbled by your son's service and sacrifice."

Donald hasn't yet learned the art of picking your battles. The only reply he should have made to the Khans is something along the lines of, "I'm sorry for your loss and am humbled by your son's service and sacrifice."

That would've been a much more respectful response. But I guess you can't expect that from Trump, can you?

Especially since he's really not that respectful to begin with.

Article is here

While I can't imagine the heartbreak of losing a son, I find the man's use of his death in an attempt to score political points a really pathetic thing to do.

I wonder if the son would appreciate his father using his death as a means test for who has sacrificed more.

While I can't imagine the heartbreak of losing a son, I find the man's use of his death in an attempt to score political points a really pathetic thing to do.

I wonder if the son would appreciate his father using his death as a means test for who has sacrificed more.

He had every right to say what he did. Who the **** are you to question him? What he said about Arlington NC says it all.

What Trump wants to do to Muslims is unconcionable.

He had every right to say what he did. Who the **** are you to question him? What he said about Arlington NC says it all.

What Trump wants to do to Muslims is unconcionable.

Who the **** are you to question my right to post any comment? I find it appalling the Hillary Campaign would roll out this guy who used the cover of his son's death to tell lies and try to score political points.

I stand by every word I posted.

I'm not going to debate what Trump has said about Muslims, because it would take to long to overcome the total fabrication spewed by the left.

Consider what is going on in Germany.

Who the **** are you to question my right to post any comment? I find it appalling the Hillary Campaign would roll out this guy who used the cover of his son's death to tell lies and try to score political points.

I stand by every word I posted.

I'm not going to debate what Trump has said about Muslims, because it would take to long to overcome the total fabrication spewed by the left.

Consider what is going on in Germany.

What lies did he tell?

That she was not permitted to speak- that she is a Muslim wife and bows down to her husband.

I suspect you are correct, but do not want to assume or second guess anything which comes from Trumps pie hole. And if it were true, who does he think he is questioning what goes on between two people in there marriage. Trump is not exactly an expert on how to succeed at marriage. Mrs Kahn looked composed, and was supporting her husband by being at his side, no need to question why she did not speak. Perhaps the current Mrs Trump should do the same, it would have avoided that whole plagarism debacle.

Last edited:

This guy is the new Cindy Sheehan using his sons death to score Political points for Hillary

Talk about getting scummier by the minute.

What lies did he tell?

Oh please.

To save time, I'll post what was written by another poster on a similar thread:

He lied when he said the GOP hates Muslims, he lied when he said Trump wants to do anything towards Muslims already in the country, and he lied about how Muslims treat women.​

This man thought the death of his son would leave him untouchable, so he could say anything. And that is exactly why Hillary put him in front of a microphone - she wanted to exploit him.

How low can someone go?

CooqELCXgAA1NoA.jpg:large

After the comments Trump made about McCain being a looser for being a POW I would hazard a guess that there son would have no issue defending his fellow service members from more pathetic Trump comments.

And please, the fake outrage over his sons death for political purposes dont wash. Mr Kahn was telling it like it is, I am sure Trump supporters can appreciate the honesty, unless of course if that same candor reflects badly on there canidate.

:roll:

Donald Trump just cannot stop shooting himself in the foot.

But he is (more or less) honest and that I do appreciate.

He is a buffoon and a jerk...but he is a refreshing buffoonjerk.

After the comments Trump made about McCain being a looser for being a POW I would hazard a guess that there son would have no issue defending his fellow service members from more pathetic Trump comments.

And please, the fake outrage over his sons death for political purposes dont wash. Mr Kahn was telling it like it is, I am sure Trump supporters can appreciate the honesty, unless of course that candor reflects badly on there canidate.

Had to reach for that one didn't you? What does Trumps comments about McCain have to do with this guy getting on stage and telling lies behind the cover of his dead son?

The only purpose for this man to be on stage was to sell a false story while assuming he is untouchable because of the loss of his son.

It may not be a new low for the Hilary forces, but it's wallowing around in the same basement with others.

Oh please.

To save time, I'll post what was written by another poster on a similar thread:
He lied when he said the GOP hates Muslims,​

He never said that. The speech is below. Speaking of lies, stop making **** up.

he lied when he said Trump wants to do anything towards Muslims already in the country,

Really? So this didn't happen?

[h=1]Donald Trump Sets Off a Furor With Call to Register Muslims in the U.S.[/h]
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/u...-call-to-register-muslims-in-the-us.html?_r=0

and he lied about how Muslims treat women.

He said nothing about that in his speech. Now you're making **** up again..

Tonight we are honored to stand here as parents of Captain Humayun Khan and as patriotic American Muslims — with undivided loyalty to our country.

Like many immigrants, we came to this country empty-handed. We believed in American democracy — that with hard work and the goodness of this country, we could share in and contribute to its blessings.

We were blessed to raise our three sons in a nation where they were free to be themselves and follow their dreams.

Our son, Humayun, had dreams of being a military lawyer. But he put those dreams aside the day he sacrificed his life to save his fellow soldiers. Hillary Clinton was right when she called my son "the best of America."

If it was up to Donald Trump, he never would have been in America. Donald Trump consistently smears the character of Muslims. He disrespects other minorities, women, judges, even his own party leadership.

He vows to build walls and ban us from this country. Donald Trump, you are asking Americans to trust you with our future.

Let me ask you: Have you even read the U.S. Constitution? I will gladly lend you my copy. In this document, look for the words "liberty" and "equal protection of law."

Have you ever been to Arlington Cemetery? Go look at the graves of the brave patriots who died defending America.

You will see all faiths, genders, and ethnicities. You have sacrificed nothing and no one.

We cannot solve our problems by building walls, sowing division. We are stronger together. And we will keep getting stronger when Hillary Clinton becomes our President.

In conclusion, I ask every patriot American, all Muslim immigrants, and all immigrants to not take this election lightly.

This is a historic election, and I request to honor the sacrifice of my son — and on election day, take the time to get out and vote.

And vote for the healer. Vote for the strongest, most qualified candidate, Hillary Clinton, not the divider. God bless you, thank you.

This guy is the new Cindy Sheehan using his sons death to score Political points for Hillary

Talk about getting scummier by the minute.

Or maybe he's tired of being told he's not welcome here because of his religion.

Back
Top Bottom