• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'[W:498]

Re: Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I’ve Made a Lot of Sacrifices'

Donald hasn't yet learned the art of picking your battles. The only reply he should have made to the Khans is something along the lines of, "I'm sorry for your loss and am humbled by your son's service and sacrifice."

Trump can't pick and choose, he somehow has to respond to every criticism.

It is like a matador using a cape to goad a bull

The first amendment gives Mr Kahn that right, if you like i can loan you a copy of the US Constitution.:roll:

As for lies, the GOP has written the rule book on repeating them often enough to be believed in regards to Clinton. Shame for them that this swing state voter does his own research before casting a vote.

Yea, he has every right to exploit his dead son for Political gain and to give another example of just how amoral the Democrat party is

The fact that your son got killed DOES NOT give you the right to stand there and tell ridiculous lies about Trump.

Name his lies. I'll wait.

He is the father of a fallen soldier. Screw him. I made sacrifices too, by employing thousands of people (Many of whom I didn't pay)...... I have only one word to describe Donald Trump...... sick.

Article is here

Mr Khan didn't sacrifice his son - the war did. Nobody voluntarily sacrifices their child - not since the time of Abraham.

Does Mr Khan or anyone else seriously think that Trump is supposed to sacrifice his kid? Mr Khan didn't actually sacrifice his son, and nobody should expect anything similar from Donald Trump.

Only if he "felt like it" or could not get out of it. Not to mention he made more than they did from their labor. That is not sacrifice it is profit.

Do you know the difference between an employee and a contractor?

I doubt you do.

Liberals showing they have no problem with exploiting dead servicemen

It was one of the most memorable speeches of the DNC Convention. You could actually hear the Trumpanzees slinking in there seats, as they do when the McCain comment is mentioned, and its mentioned allot at my local VFW, kinda pissed off the vets.

Be serious, folks. How can the father of a soldier killed in battle or a veteran who survived years of torture in Vietnam even begin to compare with the terrible sacrifices made by The Donald? I mean, really, it's The Donald. No he never had to work for anyone and he never had to punch a time clock and he never had to do his military service but lord, the suffering and sacrifice of employing thousands. It's unbelievable.

And here the closed caption -- I'M BEING SARCASTIC.

Mr Khan didn't sacrifice his son - the war did. Nobody voluntarily sacrifices their child - not since the time of Abraham.

Does Mr Khan or anyone else seriously think that Trump is supposed to sacrifice his kid? Mr Khan didn't actually sacrifice his son, and nobody should expect anything similar from Donald Trump.

It was Donald Trump himself that made it an issue. He could have said "I am so sorry for your loss, but I respectfully disagree with you". Instead, Trump decided to throw insults at Mr. Khan, even saying that Khan's wife was not allowed to speak because **MUSLIM**, when the truth of it is that she didn't speak because she felt she would break down and cry.

Going after a Gold Star family is not just going to result in your losing points, but will show others how you really feel about the fallen, whatever their nationality, color, or religion. Donald Trump earned every penny of this controversy.

Last edited:

Trump can't pick and choose, he somehow has to respond to every criticism.

It is like a matador using a cape to goad a bull

Of course, he has to. He knows he's a phony, a huckster, a fraud, a deadbeat. That's why he is so damned sensitive. He's terrified that everyone else will find out. The man has non-disclosure agreement tattooed on people. I'd bet he's made his wife sign a non-disclosure agreement.

Yea, he has every right to exploit his dead son for Political gain and to give another example of just how amoral the Democrat party is

Now that is pitiful. Trumpkins have no shame. Sadly, neither do liberals.

He never said that. The speech is below. Speaking of lies, stop making **** up.

Really? So this didn't happen?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/u...-call-to-register-muslims-in-the-us.html?_r=0

He said nothing about that in his speech. Now you're making **** up again..

He never would have been in the United States? BS Disrespects? BS again. Don't complain to me when the PC panties get tied in a knot.

The man lost his son. I can't imagine the pain. But he rolled out under cover of his son's death to spin a political story.

That is a shameful thing to do.

Liberals showing they have no problem with exploiting dead servicemen

Yeah like that never happened from the right... :lamo Talk about believing one's own bull****.

Pentagon Keeps US
Dead Out Of Sight
Bush Team Doesn't Want People To See Human
Cost Of War; Even Body Bags Are
Now Sanitized As 'Transfer Tubes'

Pentagon Keeps US Dead Out Of Sight Bush Team Doesn't Want People To See Human Cost Of War; Even Body Bags Are Now Sanitized As 'Transfer Tubes'

How would you know what the Father thought?
Did not Conventions in the past have family members of dead Soldiers- Police Officers speak at their conventions?
I am sure it is just not a Democrat thing? Yes- No -

Did they come out like this guy did? I don't think so. This guy held up his dead son as a means test for who has sacrificed more. And he was put there because he was considered untouchable.

Not budging from my opinion on this guy's actions.

Name his lies. I'll wait.

From what I have learned it takes a number of reminders. He appears to take his time to reply. Perhaps he has to research the hell out of what lies.

The Kahns will never spend another holiday, vacation, or family get together with there son. If that is not sacrifice I dont know what is.

I am never shocked by the twisted logic Trumpanzees use to defend the comments coming from Trumps orfice.

As for lies, the GOP has written the rule book on repeating them often enough to be believed in regards to Clinton.

No need to lie about Clinton, there's enough dirty truth in her past for forty years to use.

It could never run out.

Did they come out like this guy did? I don't think so. This guy held up his dead son as a means test for who has sacrificed more. And he was put there because he was considered untouchable.

Not budging from my opinion on this guy's actions.

Once again, It was Donald Trump himself that made it an issue. He could have said "I am so sorry for your loss, but I respectfully disagree with you". Instead, Trump decided to throw insults at Mr. Khan, even saying that Khan's wife was not allowed to speak because **MUSLIM**, when the truth of it is that she didn't speak because she felt she would break down and cry.

Going after a Gold Star family is not just going to result in your losing points, but will show others how you really feel about the fallen, whatever their nationality, color, or religion. Donald Trump earned every penny of this controversy.

He never would have been in the United States?

Trump has offered no solutions other than banning Muslims coming into the country. (Until we figure it out? WTF is that?)

BS Disrespects? BS again.

Are you living in a cave? He has slandered Muslims, Hispanics, women and people with disabilities. Try to keep up.

The man lost his son. I can't imagine the pain. But he rolled out under cover of his son's death to spin a political story.

That is a shameful thing to do

Walk a day in his shoes then pop off.

Is the Fathers- Mothers Patriotism False
Was their sons Patriotism False?

Have I questioned their patriotism?

once again, it was donald trump himself that made it an issue. He could have said "i am so sorry for your loss, but i respectfully disagree with you". Instead, trump decided to throw insults at mr. Khan, even saying that khan's wife was not allowed to speak because **muslim**, when the truth of it is that she didn't speak because she felt she would break down and cry.

Going after a gold star family is not just going to result in your losing points, but will show others how you really feel about the fallen, whatever their nationality, color, or religion. Donald trump earned every penny of this controversy.

this.

...wow. Yup you won that one. Obviously the issue here isn't THAT HE DOESN'T PAY, it is that he screws over contractors, not employees. Oh wait..he doesn't pay either.

Dozens of lawsuits accuse Trump of not paying his bills, reports claim | Fox News

Not that it matters.

It does matter.

If a contractor does not do the work promised, he should not pay them. You wouldn't and I wouldn't.

An employee has a contract with him to get paid for their time.

If he doesn't pay an employee, I am sure there are labor boards in each state to handle that.

You can't say something false and then say it doesn't matter, unless you are Hillary Clinton.

Back
Top Bottom