• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald trump threw starburst candies at angela merkel, said 'don't say i never give you anything'

Napoleon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
During his controversial meeting with leaders of the G-7 less than two weeks ago, President Donald Trump allegedly threw two pieces of Starburst candies on the table in front of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, saying “Here, Angela. Don’t say I never give you anything.”

The exchange, described on CBS News by Eurasia Group President Ian Bremmer, sheds further light on the tense atmosphere depicted in the now famous photograph of the meeting, in which Trump appears with his arms crossed and a defiant scowl across his face.

I know this is supposed to be terrible, but every now and then the stupid things Donald does are also hilarious. :lol:

I know this is supposed to be terrible, but every now and then the stupid things Donald does are also hilarious. :lol:

Sounds like a joke to me. I would've laughed.

Some joke. Merkel should have shoved those starburst pieces up the rear corridor of Trump and laughed at her joke.

Sounds like the same "I dont give a damn" as Malania and her jacket.

Now if only he would do the same with Netanyahu and Nieto.

You can't even spell her name right? And you have a superior education? Bwahahahaha!

Our 12 year old president acting his age. Nothing here.

That actually is kinda funny.
If only it was for a better reason.

No- I don't
You don't think? Seriously, it's a joke. To react that violently to something so petty is a bit extreme. So if you gave me a Starbursts and said what President Trump said, do I have the right to shove that Starburst where you suggested?

Did she eat and enjoy the candies or throw them away? And what flavors. Did he share a strawberry or pawn off the orange one?

lol...ya, I'm sure everything thought it was a good jab, had a good belly laugh, and the rest of the G7 went off without a hitch...oh wait... ;)

That actually is kinda funny.
If only it was for a better reason.

I kinda wonder what the protocols for that are. Can she eat the candies or are they considered gifts that must be catalogued and stored in a warehouse for posterity? I’d do the later.

So, Donald Trump is a dick. Who knew?

You don't think? Seriously, it's a joke. To react that violently to something so petty is a bit extreme. So if you gave me a Starbursts and said what President Trump said, do I have the right to shove that Starburst where you suggested?

If I threw them at you across the table, then made that comment, would you feel differently?

If I threw them at you across the table, then made that comment, would you feel differently?

Would I feel a bit insulted, probably. Though I'm not the type to get offended easily. Would I be so offended to then batter you and violate your behind with the Starbursts you threw at me, Absolutely not. There's being offended, and there's committing an act of sexual violence which is illegal an unhinged. If I took offense to his gesture, I would eat the Starbursts he gave me and then have a crate load of Starbursts sent to his door as a kind, yet backhanded, return favor.

Melania didn't even know her jacket said anything until she saw it on the news.

Melania's not good at knowing what's going on behind her back :)

I would have laughed regardless. Then sanctioned his hotels. Laughs for everyone! Thanks for the candy Trumpsky!

Yanno, I think it's about time that the countries TrumpCo does business with started to hit this asshole where it hurts.

:lamo

Holy ****...the sheer mindless hatred has people just beyond demented at this point. Every joking gesture is the precursor to WW3.

Back
Top Bottom