• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Says He Blows Ronald Reagan Away

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
"The amazing thing is that you have certain people who are conservative Republicans that if my name weren’t Trump, if it were John Smith, they would say I’m the greatest president in history and I blow Ronald Reagan away," Trump said in an interview for the book, according to the Examiner. "All these guys that if they looked at my agenda with a different name...and he got the biggest regulation cuts in history in less than two years, judges, environmental stuff, getting out of the Paris horror show. If you said that conservative president John Smith did that, they would say he’s the greatest president. Far greater than Ronald Reagan."

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-blows-ronald-reagan-away-conservatives-credit-1234137

Sure you are, Donald. Sure you are.

The emperor has no clothes. It's time we all admitted that.

:shrug: It's Trump. He's always been a braggart with an ego the size of Texas.

Now GOP politicians blow Reagan away, do they? They used to just blow him.

:shrug: It's Trump. He's always been a braggart with an ego the size of Texas.

You're just excusing his deplorable behavior.

His behavior borders on mental illness. I can't think of a politician in recent memory who said similar things.

Did LBJ or Ronald Reagan claim they were the greatest president in history? Did Teddy Roosevelt?

Trump belongs in a psychiatric institute.

Maybe it's time we changed Mount Rushmore

2017%2F07%2F26%2F0a%2F3e6a62131d9c4265ab213894e10ae8ae.20bb2.jpg

As much as I detest the economic policies of Regan … trump couldn't smell where Regan, or any other former President, **** last. He's had nearly two years practice and he still couldn't play a GOOD President on TV.

I have to admit he has "playing" a terrible one down pat.

"The amazing thing is that you have certain people who are conservative Republicans that if my name weren’t Trump, if it were John Smith, they would say I’m the greatest president in history and I blow Ronald Reagan away," Trump said in an interview for the book,"

Yes, Trump, it would be amazing if someone said that. Amazing in a bigly bad way.

I love where my iPhone cut that thread title off. :)

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-blows-ronald-reagan-away-conservatives-credit-1234137

Trump can say anything he darn well pleases. As a self centered, egotistical Humpty Dump, he can't stand someone outshining him. Reagan was a true conservative, Trump is to use his supporters words, a populist, a nationalist, a nativist. He certainly isn't in any sense of the meaning of conservative, one of them.

There wasn't an egotistical bone in Ronnie, all of Trump's bones are. Reagan was soft spoken who would work across the aisle with Tip O'Neal getting things done. The Democrats controlled the House for all 8 years of Ronnie, still he was very successful. Let's see how Trump does now that the democrats have the House now. Reagan never picked a fight, Trump picks one each day of the year. Almost all needless fights. Reagan was very popular, well liked, even Democrats liked him. At least as a person, not a lot of his policies. Trump is very much disliked, not only by democrats, but by independents.

Reagan was presidential, he gave the office of the presidency the respect and dignity it deserved. Trump doesn't act presidential and doesn't respect the office, at least in my opinion.

You're just excusing his deplorable behavior.

His behavior borders on mental illness. I can't think of a politician in recent memory who said similar things.

Did LBJ or Ronald Reagan claim they were the greatest president in history? Did Teddy Roosevelt?

Trump belongs in a psychiatric institute.

Maybe it's time we changed Mount Rushmore

2017%2F07%2F26%2F0a%2F3e6a62131d9c4265ab213894e10ae8ae.20bb2.jpg

:yawn:

Poor Trump, doesn’t get the love he thinks he should. He’ll never be as respected as Reagan, never win an Emmy or a Nobel prize. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride.
72186E2A-39D9-4054-AFB4-927DBCD71B66.jpg

The Democrats controlled the House for all 8 years of Ronnie, still he was very successful.

You have to remind conservatives that the House was controlled by Democrats during the Reagan years the next time they claim Obama's recovery was caused by the Republican House.

Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr, G.W. Bush were all at the very least well-behaved adults. They at least respected the office and behaved like presidents.

Trump is a clown and embarrassment to our country.

Donald Trump Says He Blows Ronald Reagan Away

I thought that was John Hinckley Jr.

I have no Idea'r why Trump likes to boast this much.But this obviously will not earn him
kudos as usual.I was critical of Trump as candidate because I was a Cruz supporter.
I started a Thread { many in fact } about his Lack of Virtue.Particularly the Virtue of
Humility.So it may be true that Donald Trump does not like to read.In fact,doesn't.
I remember Talk Radio bigot Joe { The Eagle } Madison spent about a week or more
focusing on how there are No books in Donald Trumps office.Just some glossy magazines with
his face or mention on the cover.That is not a good omen.Trump like other Humans does not get out of
Life alive.No one does.Yet he acts as if he's literally got Life knocked.My guess is that he's always been
that a way.But I don't like it.
I surely don't like this bit about being Greater than Reagan.
Not many people cotton braggarts.That is one lesson Donald Trump has yet to learn.

When you put it that way, especially now that we have a Democratic House to run interference, it gives me hope.

How to you know the white lab coat wearing Professor Irwin Corey was a Democrat.?
Passed away at *102. " Chaplin's clown with a college education ".
The Borsch Belt comic who for years mimicked Groucho Marx's use of a Tux with tails
and gym shoes.
" If we don't change direction soon,we'll end up where we're going."
" You get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word. "
" Wherever you go,there you are. "
Considered Milton Berle a lightweight.
Berle was actually an overgrown Momma's boy.

* Surpassing Bob Hope,George Burns and Hal Roach

Last edited:
You have to remind conservatives that the House was controlled by Democrats during the Reagan years the next time they claim Obama's recovery was caused by the Republican House.

Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr, G.W. Bush were all at the very least well-behaved adults. They at least respected the office and behaved like presidents.

Trump is a clown and embarrassment to our country.

I fail to understand what yer driving at with " they claim Obama's Recovery was caused by the Republican
House " ! There WAS NO OBAMA Recovery.Wherever did you drudge up that notion.
And yes Newt Gingrich's New Republican majority in ' 95 managed to first time ever
Balance FOUR Consecutive Budgets.
When Pelosi took over the House in 2007 her first year was spent basically naming
new Post Offices.
John Boehner was No Newt Gingrich.That is why he got ousted.
He was ineffective and far more interested in playing golf,getting a suntan and
drinking fine wine.Grew up in a house where his large family stayed underneath his
Father's bar.Boehner used to sweep the bar's floors.Obama managed to mop the floor
too often with Boehner.

How to you know the white lab coat wearing Professor Irwin Corey was a Democrat.?
Passed away at *102. " Chaplin's clown with a college education ".
The Borsch Belt comic who for years mimicked Groucho Marx's use of a Tux with tails
and gym shoes.
" If we don't change direction soon,we'll end up where we're going."
" You get more with a kind word and a gun than just a kind word. "
" Wherever you go,there you are. "
Considered Milton Berle a lightweight.
Berle was actually an overgrown Momma's boy.

* Surpassing Bob Hope,George Burns and Hal Roach

“I’m often asked to explain that; certainly! That is a pronoun often used in place of this. If you don’t understand this, that will mean nothing to you.” - Erwin Corey

Last edited:
“I’m often asked to explain that; certainly! That is a pronoun often used in place of this. If you don’t understand this, that will mean nothing to you.” - Erwin Corey

How does one know fer sure,like totally if Nothingness exists.

Nil posse creare de nilo
" Nothing from nothing ever yet was born. "
-- Lucretius { Roman poet }

Back
Top Bottom