• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Says He Blows Ronald Reagan Away

Reagan's recovery didn't start with a recovering economy like Trump's did. It usually takes time to get policies implemented and for it to effect the economy. Which is why the economy under a new President is considered the previous President's for a year. Trump inherited a recovering economy and has thus far been able to keep it going.

Oh is that how it works.Like the way Obama used Bush 43's flailing Economy for his entire
first term as greatest ever excuse.That Bush drove the Economy into a ditch.No,actually it had
more to do with The Mortgage market bubble and Guys like Barney Frank mismanaging
Fannie and Freedie.
Obama never missed a chance to Blame his slow and stagnant Economy on Bush 43.
So when Trump inherited Obama's stagnant Economy { averaging Under 2% growth }
Did Trump run around and blame Obama or did he Man-up and Fix it.
This is not rocket science.
Actually pretty easy to research and explain.

The “Trump recovery” continued the upward trajectory the economy had been on for years, and you know that.
Yeah Kob... maybe try again... you might actually get lucky one day...

Oh, and I know that it, the truth, wont make a bit of difference to you, so cover your eyes and don't look at post #75... its like maybe, who knows... those looking might turn to a pillar of salt or something.

OooooooOOOOoooooh the humanity......

Yeah yeah yeah, for those who don't really keep up, that probably seems kinda sorta like the truth.

At least it is the truth the lying fake media wants you to think. How about some real data that shows the real truth?

Of course for those wanting to continue to delude themselves... carry on. Just know that its a lie and we intelligent people all know it. :2wave:

It's actually what happened. The economy under Obama's second term was rising, that's the economy that Trump got. One that was recovering from the crater of the Great Recession.

I know that Trumpeteers want to delude themselves and think that somehow Trump came in, and magically on the first day we went from a cratered economy to a marvelous one. But that didn't happen, there was no step potential, no discontinuity, the first derivative is a constant. The economy was and had been recovering under Obama and Trump has kept it going for now. We'll see what the future holds.

The “Trump recovery” continued the upward trajectory the economy had been on for years, and you know that.

What we gots here folks is a bona fide Rhodes Scholar.We do.

Very funny in an Addams Family Dark sorta way! That imaginary scenario reminded me of Serial Killer John Gacy's alleged first homosexual experience. Around age 20, Gacy, out of frustration with his dad, moved from Chicago to Las Vegas. He found work first at an ambulance service, then as an attendant in a funeral home:

In his role as a mortuary attendant, Gacy slept in a cot behind the embalming room.[33] In this role, he observed morticians embalming dead bodies and later confessed that, on one evening while alone, he had clambered into the coffin of a deceased teenage male,[34] embracing and caressing the body before experiencing a sense of shock.[35][n 1]

So you're trying to tell me that young men were dying to be touched by Gacy?

So you're trying to tell me that young men were dying to be touched by Gacy?

Yeah... that... and how some Evil Weirdos, ala Gacy and Chump, manage to defy commonsense and carry on with their Evil Ways for way too long!

It's actually what happened. The economy under Obama's second term was rising, that's the economy that Trump got. One that was recovering from the crater of the Great Recession.

I know that Trumpeteers want to delude themselves and think that somehow Trump came in, and magically on the first day we went from a cratered economy to a marvelous one. But that didn't happen, there was no step potential, no discontinuity, the first derivative is a constant. The economy was and had been recovering under Obama and Trump has kept it going for now. We'll see what the future holds.
Thats at least a semi-truthful, putting the absolute best end of spectrum account of what went on. Leaving out way way much I am sorry to have to call it, bro.

We both, indeed, know that.

So how come you didn't watch the video? Factuals, the realities that overcome your perceivably over rosy chronicle while failing to acknowledge, much less explain the immediate jumps empirically observed as described in above-referenced vid...

Well, unless one perhaps has a terminal case of the projected deludedness but that being that projected from the left, from the slenderman corner.

As to magic wands to overcome an at best limping along, barely ever truly improving to the point of even hinted optimism...

This was how it was from election on, a contrast in philosophy, demeanor and direction... and doing rather than just talking.

We know history from that point... or I do anyhow. It appears others cannot even admit it to themselves. Go figure.

Obama's was The First Administration to not post annual GDP of 3% or higher.
Not one years worth.
Obama did manage one quarter { 4.7 % or 1st quarter of 2012 }
HOWEVER the Previous Quarter in 2011 posted Negative growth of -0.1%

Based on a similarly valid and accurate assessment, I rather think the votive candle you lit in front of my screen name is going out.

Probably smarter, even better that YOU check on that. Yano?

Not surprisingly, I think the point went so far over your head it might as well be an Airbus.

you know I have to say this is a good thought on it... and spells out the REAL reason a lot of us are ok with him as president... because for all of his faults, Trump is the first person who could (and was) actually be elected as president who has TRIED to take on the Washington establishment , imho.

Yes, Donnie Draft Dodger is the first “President” to stick up for whiskey tango losers marching around with Nazi and Confederate flags screaming about how “Jews won’t replace them” in quite a few years, isn’t he.

So then Mr.Dummy Graduated the esteemed Wharton School and achieved world wide recognition
where most humans know the Last Name Trump.Acheiving that by just plain being Dumb.
That is childish.That is what true believers like Obama the Marxist want you to believe.But Facts
{ hard facts } don't kid around.Listen to Obama talk.He likes to josh around.Theorize.
It's called Doublespeak.Or doubletalk.Trump talks plain and means what he says.
I don't know what Obama means when he addresses.He's so full of himself and his
high opinions on most every matter.When in point of fact it's he who acts and talks " stupidly ".
Obama is halfway towards being Historically understood as The Biggest Bullcrapper and Divider
this Country has ever seen.Or heard.
You are being pressured by a Corrupt media to make fashionable hatred of and on Donald Trump.
Right there is Stalinism.

Got any proof that criticism of Trump is “Stalinism”?

Or are you going to throw another tantrum about how not blindly buying your bull**** is “bullying”?

Obama's was The First Administration to not post annual GDP of 3% or higher.
Not one years worth.
Obama did manage one quarter { 4.7 % or 1st quarter of 2012 }
HOWEVER the Previous Quarter in 2011 posted Negative growth of -0.1%

Actually, Obama had 3 quarters above 4% GDP (4.7%, 4.9% and 5.1%)

https://www.statista.com/statistics...-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Get your facts straight.

Obama inherited one of the worst economic situations in history. He left with the longest streak of job creation in American history.

This is Obama vs Reagan in terms of unemployment. It doesn't seem as slow as you claim...

obama-and-reagan-unemployment-chart.png

We need 8 years of Trump before we can compare him to Obama or Reagan. Bush Jr was looking pretty good after one term then it collapsed in his last year.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-blows-ronald-reagan-away-conservatives-credit-1234137

Sure you are, Donald. Sure you are.

The emperor has no clothes. It's time we all admitted that.

By pure economic numbers he is doing it. Not to mention solving a North Korea problem that no one two years ago ever thought could happen.

Now if he destroys the Leftist Democrat Party the way Reagan destroyed the slightly less evil USSR the world will truly be a better place.

almost as many as Trump. see #91

It is far too early to give Trump full credit for the economy. In fact in general it is too early for most Americans to feel any real benefit from the "growing economy."

How is the "North Korean problem" solved?

The Democratic Party has been and is destroying itself. I'm not sure how Trump can take credit. Enlighten us.

The Republican Party is gone. Religionists, ideologues and the Tea Party damn near sucked the life out of the GOP before Trump was elected. As president Trump has all but finished the job. The GOP is over.

Democrats probably have 6 more years to salvage their party or it will follow the same fate as the GOP.

Oh man, you’ve ruined Spam for me forever!:2sick1:

My collection of offensive Trump pics is truly legendary :lamo
I don't know why, but I became obsessed with it thanks to a buddy of mine who runs a FB group devoted to poking fun at him, and the two of us also started creating original content.
Much to my surprise some of it started getting legs.

Amusement in my spare time, wifey gets a chuckle out of it, too.

47084979_10214945323681517_6202930272988561408_o.jpg

The Democratic Party has been and is destroying itself.

I'll gladly admit this is true.
We're lucky to get the chance to stop the hemorrhaging but we better damn well get our **** together.
I don't even think we have six years.

Actually, Obama had 3 quarters above 4% GDP (4.7%, 4.9% and 5.1%)

https://www.statista.com/statistics...-from-preceding-period-in-real-gdp-in-the-us/

Get your facts straight.

Obama inherited one of the worst economic situations in history. He left with the longest streak of job creation in American history.

This is Obama vs Reagan in terms of unemployment. It doesn't seem as slow as you claim...

obama-and-reagan-unemployment-chart.png

We need 8 years of Trump before we can compare him to Obama or Reagan. Bush Jr was looking pretty good after one term then it collapsed in his last year.

You are correct but before Obama had back to back quarters of 5.1% and 4.9 % he had
a quarter of a full Negative 1 % .That was in in 2014.meaning he missed an annual average of
3 % or higher in any year he was President.Plus he ended his 8 years with poor GDP quarters.
He had terrible Labor Participation rates dating back to the Jimmy Carter years.
At one time there were around 95 Million Americans Jobless.
Obama had 2 quarters of negative 1 % GDP.

By pure economic numbers he is doing it. Not to mention solving a North Korea problem that no one two years ago ever thought could happen.

Now if he destroys the Leftist Democrat Party the way Reagan destroyed the slightly less evil USSR the world will truly be a better place.

He’s been in office two years. He inherited a good economy unlike Obama or Reagan. He’s destroyed the Republican Party so I thank him for that.

He has made zero progress with NK and trashed an Iran deal with no replacement. Only thing keeping the Iranians from building Nukes are the Europeans.

Trump is dumbest most incompetent president in modern history. How delusional do you have to be to compare him to Ronald Reagan? He’s not even Richard Nixon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom