• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump savages Japan, saying all they will do is 'watch Sony TVs' if US is atta

Re: Donald Trump savages Japan, saying all they will do is 'watch Sony TVs' if US is

He is NOT an imbecile. He is like the rest of America under informed. Most people wouldn't know that it was us who made the Japanese accept their current constitution. Further is us who insisted they forbid their military to operate offensively, or to come to the aid of other nations. We are the ones who put the Japanese military in their current position. We did all this directly after WW2.

He IS an imbecile and he's NOT most people. He is campaigning to be the President of your Country and should educate himself BEFORE he opens that hole in his face. Only an imbecile would go out of the way to insult the citizens of an allied Country (which he did) whilst spouting something that was incorrect. He comes across as a loud mouth, undeducated, ignorant moron.

Re: Donald Trump savages Japan, saying all they will do is 'watch Sony TVs' if US is

Pay more of what freight? Also you do understand it is we who imposed this situation on Japan. Imposed. Not negotiated.

The cost of preventing them from becoming the next province of China.

YOU'RE SO SILLY!

:nails

Last edited:

He IS an imbecile and he's NOT most people. He is campaigning to be the President of your Country and should educate himself BEFORE he opens that hole in his face. Only an imbecile would go out of the way to insult the citizens of an allied Country (which he did) whilst spouting something that was incorrect. He comes across as a loud mouth, undeducated, ignorant moron.

The Japs have it coming, TRUST ME.

The trouble is that they very well might defect to TEAM CHINA/RUSSIA.

Last edited:

I wonder: You and I and everybody else here know that there was this little conflict called "World War Two" in which Japan was our opponent, and we beat them and occupied them and we all just sort of assume that Trump knows that too, because who could be that ****ing stupid? But I'm kind of suspecting that Trump doesn't actually know any of that. Along with his child-like question, "Why can't we use nuclear weapons?" we just assume that there's some perfectly rational explanation for such a statement. But you know what? I don't think there is. I think he's just an idiot.

On the nuclear weapons front people assume we cant use them. I am of the opinion we can and should use them to great effect though sparingly. For instance conducting the occasional nuclear test detonation. Using a tactical nuclear weapon on a particularly deep bunker or cave system. Our enemies should KNOW with no uncertainties doubts we can and will use nuclear weapons. This is the reason we should detonate and occasionally use them in anger. The other prime reason is you want people world wide in general to be VERY if not exceptionally afraid of nuclear weapons so much so there is a general resistance to them. When people KNOW what they can do they tend to be very afraid of them. Its a Machiavellian way of keeping nuclear weapons out of others hands if we are willing to play the heavy on this issue.

That may be true, but I still think his comments weren't polite, diplomatic, and didn't serve any beneficial purpose between us and one of our closest allies. One thing I hate about most politicians is they always have these carefully scripted rehearsed answers to questions, part of what I hate about Trump is he's too much of the complete opposite.

You seemed to misunderstand my reasoning for posting the statement from Wiki about Japan, their military, and their Constitution. It was in no way to support or justify Trump or what he said, but rather to illustrate just how idiotic, uneducated, and embarrassing to the US he and his statement in fact were.

If Japan was ever in danger, the US military would be right there. If the US were ever attacked, Japan would be right there - and they were already, even before this new legislation - Japan sent 600 troops to support the US coalition in Iraq from 1/2004 to 7/2006 and the Japanese Navy sent one destroyer and one tanker which delivered 126 million gallons of fuel to coalition forces in Afghanistan - ALL in support of the US FOLLOWING THE ATTACK ON THE US ON 9/11/2001, plus BILLIONS of dollars to help cover the costs of responding to the 9/11 attacks. Just to get the record straight. I wonder if Trump even knew that?

The US Elite have long volunteered the US Taxpayers to pay bills that we never remotely approved.

Anyone who is able to understand the reality of that fact should instantly understand everything that there is to know about the REBELLION.

I don't give a rats ass about your so called rebellion. What I do care about is people understand how it is we came to the situation we have with Japan. It was mostly our own doing. We imposed the situation. They had little choice in the matter.

The last statement you made, sounds like a lot of people on this board it would seem. Underestimate him at your peril. An imbecile he is not. He may end up your president.

The cost of preventing them from becoming the next province of China.

YOU'RE SO SILLY!

:nails

You do know they pay a very princely sum to keep us there right?

I don't give a rats ass about your so called rebellion. What I do care about is people understand how it is we came to the situation we have with Japan. It was mostly our own doing. We imposed the situation. They had little choice in the matter.

So what?

It is time to renegotiate.

The last statement you made, sounds like a lot of people on this board it would seem. Underestimate him at your peril. An imbecile he is not. He may end up your president.

He won't be my President.

Look, I very rarely chime in on these threads but this is one of those instances where it just has to be said. He is out of line here and going out of his way to antagonise an ally for no reasonable reason. There's much to love about your Country and her people, I don't make it a habit of going out of my way to be critical of your leaders or propspective leaders and I wish you all nothing but the best but this clown is a loose canon and an embarrassment to your Country.

So what?

It is time to renegotiate.

You act like they ****ed us over. They did no such thing. First they have to change the constitution WE imposed. THEN we can renegotiate. That is if they still want to. They might want some strings attached.

By the way there is no way in hell they are going to team China. The Chinese hate their guts and visa versa.

No, he's not correct. Your possible future President is an imbecile of epic proportions. I'm not Japanese and I'm not American yet I'm familiar with this, it was discussed in many media outlets and hardly a secret.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Japanese_military_legislation

How can someone campaigning to be the President of the USA not know this?

How can you post a link to a wikipedia article that directly refutes what you're saying????
Defense Minister Gen Nakatani denied that Japan would always come to the aid of the US,
Much opposition to the legislation centered around its alleged questionable constitutionality. Repeated surveys of experts in Japan's constitution showed that more than 90% of those surveyed believed it was unconstitutional
A revision of the Japanese constitution to revise Article 9 would require a national referendum, which, due to perceived current public opposition to Abe and the legislation, was thought to be unlikely to succeed in the short term
You didn't even read the wiki article you're linking to.

You do know they pay a very princely sum to keep us there right?

You do know we pay a very princely sum of 3.3% of GDP to in part keep Japan safe, and they only pay 1% of GDP towards defense, right?
Military expenditure (% of GDP) | Data

You act like they ****ed us over. They did no such thing. First they have to change the constitution WE imposed. THEN we can renegotiate. That is if they still want to. They might want some strings attached.

By the way there is no way in hell they are going to team China. The Chinese hate their guts and visa versa.

We imposed it when exactly?

Have they had the opportunity to change it since then?

If you pull my other leg is it supposed to play "Jiggle Bells", cause I gotta to say that we seem to be in La La Land now, we for sure are not in Kansas anymore.

Nice find on that article! Thanks.

I guess little boy Trump not only skipped out on the Vietnam/American War; he must have cut classes when they studied about the conditions of Japan's surrender and the subsequent anti-militarism provisions we required them to write into their new constitution post WWII.

He won't be my President.

Look, I very rarely chime in on these threads but this is one of those instances where it just has to be said. He is out of line here and going out of his way to antagonise an ally for no reasonable reason. There's much to love about your Country and her people, I don't make it a habit of going out of my way to be critical of your leaders or propspective leaders and I wish you all nothing but the best but this clown is a loose canon and an embarrassment to your Country.

I understand. There are time when resistance is futile.

There is method to Trumps madness. I have made it a point to further study him. He is a shark. He does nothing without a purpose. We may not see what that purpose is, but there is always a purpose. Always. Is he fallible most certainly. Is he stupid, an imbecile? I would not bet against the man. He has made it a habit to win. I don't bet against habitual winners, especially with the kind of competition he routinely goes up against. I don't know exactly how much he has spent on this campaign, but if you will notice it is FAR less then Clinton has. Yet he has a chance to be president. Clinton is a weak candidate, to be sure. How far down in the polls should he be, coupled with his stupidity and a spending disparity, and the media pretty much united against him? Yet he is not.

Nice find on that article! Thanks.

I guess little boy Trump not only skipped out on the Vietnam/American War; he must have cut classes when they studied about the conditions of Japan's surrender and the subsequent anti-militarism provisions we required them to write into their new constitution post WWII.

Or maybe he thinks that after they got rich with a lot of help from us that they then should have paid for a full share...that by getting the rewards from a full share without paying for a full share FOR FREAKIN DECADES they have taken advantage of our stupidity, and that it is time to inform them that we have FINALLY wised the **** up.

Maybe?

Is this possible?

SIGNED:
HAWkEYE10
:gunsmilie
Proud Member of the REBELLION since 9.10.2015.

Last edited:

We imposed it when exactly?

Have they had the opportunity to change it since then?

If you pull my other leg is it supposed to play "Jiggle Bells", cause I gotta to say that we seem to be in La La Land now, we for sure are not in Kansas anymore.

General MacArthur imposed it right after WW2. It used to be taught in history classes.

The Japanese and Chinese hatred toward each is pretty damn legendary and goes back a long ways and has been very intense since the end of WW2, after Japan had murdered more than a few Chinese.

I think most of us posters here, regardless of our political leanings, don't want an ignoramus as President who embarrasses us whenever he opens his mouth, and whose idea of diplomacy is to toss grenades at our allies one by one. I'll be so happy when He's FIRED!

You do know we pay a very princely sum of 3.3% of GDP to in part keep Japan safe, and they only pay 1% of GDP towards defense, right?
Military expenditure (% of GDP) | Data

Again we imposed it, and they pay for us to be there at least in part.

General MacArthur imposed it right after WW2. It used to be taught in history classes.

The Japanese and Chinese hatred toward each is pretty damn legendary and goes back a long ways and has been very intense since the end of WW2, after Japan had murdered more than a few Chinese.

You might as well have said it was ancient Greece.

That was so very long ago.

ARGUMENT REJECTED!

Again we imposed it, and they pay for us to be there at least in part.

If they pay us triple the current, and also either move the bases or shut those Okinawans up, then we can probably do a deal.

I think we should hold out for QUADRUPLE the current, jsyk.

The Japs dont want to become a province of China.

They are motivated.

GOOD DEALS!

:2usflag:

Last edited:

If they pay us triple the current, and also either move the bases or shut those Okinawans up, then we can probably do a deal.

I think we should hold out for QUADRUPLE the current, jsyk.

The Japs dont want to become a province of China.

They are motivated.

GOOD DEALS!

:2usflag:

Exactly. We wrote a stupid trade deal but the mere mention of the idea of the hint of the possibility of doing anything about it means the apocalypse.

Exactly. We wrote a stupid trade deal but the mere mention of the idea of the hint of the possibility of doing anything about it means the apocalypse.

What has me ready to find the guillotines is that we are said to be NOT ALLOWED to talk about the bad deals our leaders have done, and as well we are told that we must honor them.

Really?

I think not.

Okay, that's satire, right? We just got fooled by another online satire news site, so now I'm just confused.

Sadly I doubt that it is satire, Yahoo, Huffington among others report that he said it during an Iowa campaign rally.

Back
Top Bottom