• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump reportedly paid actors $50 to cheer for him at his 2016 announcement

csbrown28

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
What a tool...

Real estate mogul Donald Trump is being accused of hiring actors to cheer for him at his 2016 presidential campaign announcement in New York City on Tuesday.

The allegations first surfaced in a post by anti-Trump activist and liberal blogger Angelo Carusone that was published on Medium shortly after Trump’s event.

On Wednesday, The Hollywood Reporter said it obtained an email that allegedly came from a casting company named Extra Mile offering actors $50 to attend the announcement and pose as Trump supporters.

All those billions and 50 bucks is all he'd shell out? I wouldn't have done it for less than twice that.

What a tool...

All those billions and 50 bucks is all he'd shell out? I wouldn't have done it for less than twice that.

So, The Donald creates a few hundred temporary jobs, each apparently paying more than the NY State or Federal minimum wage, and you call him a tool. If a liberal did that, say one in the Oval Office, they'd claim he was the jobs President.

The real tools are the ones who'd fork out $200,000 to hear Hillary Clinton wax platitudes for an hour and then fork over $50 for her election campaign - now that's the definition of idiotic.

So, The Donald creates a few hundred temporary jobs, each apparently paying more than the NY State or Federal minimum wage, and you call him a tool. If a liberal did that, say one in the Oval Office, they'd claim he was the jobs President.

The real tools are the ones who'd fork out $200,000 to hear Hillary Clinton wax platitudes for an hour and then fork over $50 for her election campaign - now that's the definition of idiotic.

Oh guys, chill, I was trying to be funny....DT can do what he wants, but he's still a tool, but for the record, so is Hillary.

Oh guys, chill, I was trying to be funny....DT can do what he wants, but he's still a tool, but for the record, so is Hillary.

I agree The Donald's personality is toolish and I can't imagine having him pronouncing from the Rose Garden daily - but he's not stupid. I agree the first part matches Hillary, but I don't think she's very bright - she's kind of the Obama book smart, life dumb, typical academic type that fit the "those who can, do, and those who can't, teach" saying.

I agree The Donald's personality is toolish and I can't imagine having him pronouncing from the Rose Garden daily - but he's not stupid. I agree the first part matches Hillary, but I don't think she's very bright - she's kind of the Obama book smart, life dumb, typical academic type that fit the "those who can, do, and those who can't, teach" saying.

Well, his wealth isn't exactly self made so I wouldn't call him any kind of genius either.

He took it way too seriously XD

Gee - I didn't think so - that's why I compared it to creating temporary jobs paying above minimum wage - something most liberals should salivate over. And I did notice the OP was posted in the "general political discussion" forum, so that's the treatment I gave it.

Just because the OP went over like a lead balloon isn't my fault.

CJ I'm not sure what you're reaching for here, but I'm not defending Hillary.

Mornin CJ. :2wave: Or those that give money to the Clinton foundation, looking for some of that Clinton influence to rub off on them, huh?

Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation.....

New York real estate mogul Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka have donated a combined total of at least $105,000 to the Clinton Foundation, records show.

“Donald J. Trump” is listed on the foundation’s website as giving between $100,000 and $250,000 to the charitable organization.

“Ivanka Trump,” meanwhile, is listed as a donor who gifted between $5,001 and $10,000 to the nonprofit......snip~

Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation | TheHill

CJ I'm not sure what you're reaching for here, but I'm not defending Hillary.

Not reaching for anything - just providing "political" comparators. Perhaps you put this up in the wrong forum if you basically only wanted Kardashian type celebrity bashing and didn't want discussion involving politics.

Mornin CJ. :2wave: Or those that give money to the Clinton foundation, looking for some of that Clinton influence to rub off on them, huh?

Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation.....

New York real estate mogul Donald Trump and his daughter Ivanka have donated a combined total of at least $105,000 to the Clinton Foundation, records show.

“Donald J. Trump” is listed on the foundation’s website as giving between $100,000 and $250,000 to the charitable organization.

“Ivanka Trump,” meanwhile, is listed as a donor who gifted between $5,001 and $10,000 to the nonprofit......snip~

Trump gave at least $100K to Clinton Foundation | TheHill

Well, that convinces me - The Donald is definitely a tool, or a secret Saudi.

His father.

Good try. He certainly got his start in his father's business, but that doesn't mean he wasn't successful in his own right. In fact, in the late 80's to early 90's Trump almost ended up in both business and personal bankruptcy but survived it and has basically thrived ever since, increasing his net worth to several $billion. He's written successful books, had successful television shows, multiple architectural and real estate successes, all on his own initiative.

But hey, if jealousy of his success makes you want to discredit it and attribute it to his father, go right ahead.

Well, that convinces me - The Donald is definitely a tool, or a secret Saudi.

Some did mention him jumping in the game to help the Demos out. He even admits he prefers a Demo in the Presidency. That's when he can really make out like a bandit. :mrgreen:

What IS the going rate for staged political events these days?

Lunch.jpg

Not reaching for anything - just providing "political" comparators. Perhaps you put this up in the wrong forum if you basically only wanted Kardashian type celebrity bashing and didn't want discussion involving politics.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that DT is a tool whether or not Hillary is, so I don't understand the reason for the comparison.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that DT is a tool whether or not Hillary is, so I don't understand the reason for the comparison.

And I don't understand your objection to my comment. You called Trump a tool - I countered by saying what it seemed to me Trump did - and then I gave an example of what a real tool would be, in my opinion. That's usually the way debate is conducted.

You say you've got no interest in Hillary, and yet you've addressed me about Hillary and my comparison to her - why are you so concerned about Hillary being used as a comparator when you have no interest in her? Rhetorical question - no need to answer.

Good try. He certainly got his start in his father's business, but that doesn't mean he wasn't successful in his own right. In fact, in the late 80's to early 90's Trump almost ended up in both business and personal bankruptcy but survived it and has basically thrived ever since, increasing his net worth to several $billion. He's written successful books, had successful television shows, multiple architectural and real estate successes, all on his own initiative.

But hey, if jealousy of his success makes you want to discredit it and attribute it to his father, go right ahead.

But he didn't build his wealth himself, ya know.

Heya VM. :2wave: Better not ask Bill Clinton. You could be charged 50 Bucks if he says HI to you and then acts like he is looking at you. :lol:

Well...not if you are a chubby woman with low self esteem. Then he has other ways of working out fees.

Back
Top Bottom