• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump refers to 'big surge' of Covid-19 in New Zealand

soylentgreen

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Two questions to ask here. Are there any trump supporters gullible enough to argue that new zealands aim for beating the virus was apparently because we wanted to show trump something?

Donald Trump refers to 'big surge' of Covid-19 in New Zealand | RNZ News

"All of a sudden a lot of the places they were using to hold up, they are having a big surge - and I don't want that, I don't want that, - and they're saying 'whoops'," Trump said at a conference.

"Even New Zealand, you see what's going on in New Zealand," he said.

"They beat it they beat, it was like front page [news] they beat it because they wanted to show me something.

"The problem is [there is a] big surge in New Zealand, you know it's terrible - we don't want that.

Second question. Are there any trump supporters who knows what a "big surge " is. Because apparently the idiot you have for a president does not.

New Zealand reported nine new cases yesterday and 13 new cases today, all linked or believed to be linked to the Auckland cluster. A case that was under investigation has been found to not be linked to the cluster.

Meanwhile, the US reported more than 42,000 new cases yesterday.

Either trump is a complete ****wit or he thinks americans are. Because there is no other explanation for his talking such crap.

Two questions to ask here. Are there any trump supporters gullible enough to argue that new zealands aim for beating the virus was apparently because we wanted to show trump something?

Second question. Are there any trump supporters who knows what a "big surge " is. Because apparently the idiot you have for a president does not.

Either trump is a complete ****wit or he thinks americans are. Because there is no other explanation for his talking such crap.

"[T]hey beat it because they wanted to show me something."

He is an absolute horse **** psychopath. He would make COVID in New Zealand about him.

Trump does not represent most Americans. We do not agree with him. In fact, we think that he is the worst thing to happen in our lifetimes.

Trump manages to piss of New Zealand.

lol

So after just 1500 cases, two dozen deaths and several months with nothing, NZ gets a few dozen new cases. And that's a big 'surge' from a president who has presided over six digit deaths, five digit a day case rates and a per day death rate of around a thousand for weeks.

Sure Donnie.

Are there any trump supporters gullible enough to argue that new zealands aim for beating the virus was apparently because we wanted to show trump something?

"[T]hey beat it because they wanted to show me something." ... He would make COVID in New Zealand about him.

To be fair, what he said was

"They beat it they beat, it was like front page [news] they beat it because they wanted to show me something."

I read his incoherent nonsense to mean that the "front page [news]" wanted to show Trump how to do it right rather than New Zealanders did.

As for "surge", I guess he figured since he could not do his "15 cases goes down to 0", noone else can. Nah, just kidding - he is just shamelessly spinning numbers which is just fine for him because he learned dumb Americans will eat anything. Or the most likely case, he heard this spin somewhere else and did not bother with pesky things like numbers.

Last edited:

New Zealand is "surging" so much they delayed their election:

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delays election over Covid-19 - CNN

13 NZ cases (850 adjusted for population) versus 42,000 US. Perhaps Trump should delay our election, like the "responsible" New Zealanders have done.

How many Asians descended on New Zealand?

While he's a disaster as president, he makes for a perfect Fox News pundit.

our president is an idiot.

and he's a massive liar.

He is an absolute horse **** psychopath. He would make COVID in New Zealand about him.

Trump does not represent most Americans. We do not agree with him. In fact, we think that he is the worst thing to happen in our lifetimes.

I agree with this. For a long time, I thought the worst thing that happened in my lifetime was 9-11. That was until Trump got elected. We lost 3000 people to those attacks.

We are now over 170,000 deaths and rising. We have a president who just says "It is what it is" and has given up on the pandemic. Michelle was correct. "He's not up for the job"

New Zealand is "surging" so much they delayed their election:

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern delays election over Covid-19 - CNN

13 NZ cases (850 adjusted for population) versus 42,000 US. Perhaps Trump should delay our election, like the "responsible" New Zealanders have done.

Yea sure. Anything to keep him in office longer and create some more chaos. New Z. has different laws. Our election will happen on Nov. the 3rd come hell or high water.

No chance Trump gets to delay it until a vaccine is released and then take credit for it. No Fu**ing way.

How many Asians descended on New Zealand?

Pretty sure it was 40,000 non-chinese folks came here from china during the critical period after the "travel ban". Which only applied to Chinese nationals.

1/3 of all the covid deaths are from California,New York and New Jersey.If only those Governors had listened to Trump.These same 3 states infected the rest of the country.Governor Mengele of New York sent all those folks in nursing homes to their graves.911 was a picnic compared to this.

Only Asians can spread Covid 19?

I would like to know how many Chinese people (the virus DID come from Wuhan) went to New Zealand after they were infected. Do you have this info?

Pretty sure it was 40,000 non-chinese folks came here from china during the critical period after the "travel ban". Which only applied to Chinese nationals.

That is crazy high. But I am talking about Chinese travelers. What would be the draw for them to go to New Zealand? I kinda doubt there is a sizable Chinese population in New Zealand such as you'd find in New York.

I agree with this. For a long time, I thought the worst thing that happened in my lifetime was 9-11. That was until Trump got elected. We lost 3000 people to those attacks.

We are now over 170,000 deaths and rising. We have a president who just says "It is what it is" and has given up on the pandemic. Michelle was correct. "He's not up for the job"

I heard they found that COVID started in Trump Towers. What about you?

That is crazy high. But I am talking about Chinese travelers. What would be the draw for them to go to New Zealand? I kinda doubt there is a sizable Chinese population in New Zealand such as you'd find in New York.

Ethnic Chinese make up 4.9% of the population in New Zealand, with most living in the cities

1/3 of all the covid deaths are from California,New York and New Jersey.If only those Governors had listened to Trump.These same 3 states infected the rest of the country.Governor Mengele of New York sent all those folks in nursing homes to their graves.911 was a picnic compared to this.

Yep. And Fauci PRAISED Cuomo for his handling.

Same "doctor' that the left fawns over.

He is a dangerous narcissist. He screwed up, and 170,000 people are dead.

Ethnic Chinese make up 4.9% of the population in New Zealand, with most living in the cities

NYC alone has a MILLION Chinese inhabitants. New Zealand has probably less than 200,000 in the entire country.

He is a dangerous narcissist. He screwed up, and 170,000 people are dead.

Explain how Trump is responsible for me so I can learn this Goebellian claim.

Explain how Trump is responsible for me so I can learn this Goebellian claim.

Not worth the effort, you are too deep in the cult. As has been proven so many times before, you won't accept anything that is critical of your cult leader.

It is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom