• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump Planning To Just Let Mike Pence Run The Country, Apparently

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

One day this past May, Donald Trump’s eldest son, Donald Trump Jr., reached out to a senior adviser to Gov. John Kasich of Ohio, who left the presidential race just a few weeks before. As a candidate, Kasich declared in March that Trump was “really not prepared to be president of the United States,” and the following month he took the highly unusual step of coordinating with his rival Senator Ted Cruz in an effort to deny Trump the nomination. But according to the Kasich adviser (who spoke only under the condition that he not be named), Donald Jr. wanted to make him an offer nonetheless: Did he have any interest in being the most powerful vice president in history?

When Kasich’s adviser asked how this would be the case, Donald Jr. explained that his father’s vice president would be in charge of domestic and foreign policy.

Loss-For-Words-Dean-On-Supernatural.gif

The author of that article is the Harvey Levin of HuffPo. Most of his articles are absurd.

Yeah - because Vice Presidents should never do nothing, like ever.

You just swam from one end of the pool to the other without coming up for air. Well done.

no thanks.

Seriously. While I don't support Trump, this is a comic reversal of the tradition. Vice Presidents do nothing. Don't believe me? Harry Truman did not know that the atomic bomb existed until a few days after he became president. Honestly, I don't know whether to be laughing or fearing the wrath of "vice" president Mike Pence.

Yeah - because Vice Presidents should never do nothing, like ever.

I think you missed that Donald is going to let Pence run both domestic AND foreign policy. So what else is left? Outerspace policy?

I think you missed that Donald is going to let Pence run both domestic AND foreign policy. So what else is left? Outerspace policy?

We can't let Pence have access to Area 51.

You just swam from one end of the pool to the other without coming up for air. Well done.

I gave up half way and decided to just joke around in the pool.

Nope - that will be Moonbase Newt.

We can't let Pence have access to Area 51.

Isn't it Federal law that one cannot have access to an area number higher than their IQ?

Isn't it Federal law that one cannot have access to an area number higher than their IQ?

I don't think so. I've seen President Obama entering and existing from an area referred to as Air Force One many times. :cool:

I don't think so. I've seen President Obama entering and existing from an area referred to as Air Force One many times. :cool:
Not well played at all - you must include the Bush and Reagan clans, Ford, Nixon, etc.

The author of that article is the Harvey Levin of HuffPo. Most of his articles are absurd.

My god! You TOTALLY need to let the rest of the world know about that!

Hope you've got enough stamps for your many letters to the editors!

Don't stay up all night!

Well. That's something. That effectively gives the VP control of the nation. Still, with Pence as VP, I now feel even more frightened by the prospect of a Trump administration.

Well. That's something. That effectively gives the VP control of the nation. Still, with Pence as VP, I now feel even more frightened by the prospect of a Trump administration.

Cool!! Another liberal who easily gets caught up with ridiculous spin and hyperbole. :roll:

Welcome to DP!

Anyway, let not your heart be troubled. Trump isn't the kind of guy who lets others make the important decisions...he wouldn't have earned billions if he were.

Back
Top Bottom