• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Once Mocked The Same George H.W. Bush Quote He Used To Remember Him

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...d-points-of-light_us_5c026ee4e4b04fb211685473

Trump mocked Bush’s “thousand points of light” quote at a rally earlier this year. He used the same quote in his tribute to the former president.

Former President George H.W. Bush died Friday at the age of 94.

President Donald Trump praised his Republican predecessor for inspiring generations of Americans “to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world.”
=================================================
'He whipped the crowd by mocking the philosophy:

“The thousand points of light, what the hell was that by the way? Thousand points of light, what did that mean, does anyone know? I know one thing, Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first, we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican, wasn’t it?”' Hypocrite.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...d-points-of-light_us_5c026ee4e4b04fb211685473

Trump mocked Bush’s “thousand points of light” quote at a rally earlier this year. He used the same quote in his tribute to the former president.

President Donald Trump praised his Republican predecessor for inspiring generations of Americans “to be, in his words, ‘a thousand points of light’ illuminating the greatness, hope, and opportunity of America to the world.”

“The thousand points of light, what the hell was that by the way? Thousand points of light, what did that mean, does anyone know? I know one thing, Make America Great Again we understand. Putting America first, we understand. Thousand points of light, I never quite got that one. What the hell is that? Has anyone ever figured that one out? And it was put out by a Republican, wasn’t it?”' Hypocrite.

makin america great again means tranformin the bigoted obama supporters back to normal americans. obama divided the naiton racially and was an avid supporter of criminal and anti-police. what trump is proposing is to bring back the america where cops and the military are loved and not hated.

*face palm*

What a disgraceful clown.

Yeah, it's nice that he tries to say something nice. But his nice words always sound so empty when you remember what he said before that. He could resolve today to stop trashtalking people in a way which makes his later words meaningless. But he won't.

makin america great again means tranformin the bigoted obama supporters back to normal americans. obama divided the naiton racially and was an avid supporter of criminal and anti-police. what trump is proposing is to bring back the america where cops and the military are loved and not hated.

Trump has routinely attacked the military(his attacks on POWs, for instance) and law enforcement(specifically, the FBI).

Trump’s worst enemy is “roll tape!”

*face palm*

What a disgraceful clown.

Yeah, it's nice that he tries to say something nice. But his nice words always sound so empty when you remember what he said before that. He could resolve today to stop trashtalking people in a way which makes his later words meaningless. But he won't.

Trump also used the death of President Bush to cancel the G20 Press Conference. The G20 where MBS and Putin high-fived and then he met with Putin in secret anyway. Trump looked agitated and didn't talk to any key allies at the G20.

PUTIN HIGH FIVE 858-xxlarge.jpg

White House: Trump had 'informal' conversation with Putin at G-20

Trump has routinely attacked the military(his attacks on POWs, for instance) and law enforcement(specifically, the FBI).

lol (laugh out loud) this post is hilarious. not as hilarious as the time obama hussien sent white house aides to the funeral of a guy who tried to kill a cop. almost as funny

GHW Bush may not have won a second term, and he may have not been very popular, but is far more a better president and person that President Trump. Trump has done nothing but embarrass America internationally, and erode our domestic values and institutions. He will be remembered as a crook, a liar, and a demagogue among other things. Also, who hasn't Trump trashed? He trashes everybody, and attempts to build himself up as the best and greatest, but history will expose him for what he is.

lol (laugh out loud) this post is hilarious. not as hilarious as the time obama hussien sent white house aides to the funeral of a guy who tried to kill a cop. almost as funny

Sort of like how Trump cultists have been involved in several armed standoffs with law enforcement? And how they whined when one of their ilk got killed trying to murder law enforcement officers?

That kind of “funny”?

I refuse to believe that this post is anything but satire. The illiteracy is too convenient.

Maybe he learned in office that one of the most experienced men to ever hold the office he now mocks might have made a good point?

Just kidding! We know he doesn't learn.

He likes heroes that didn't need to be rescued.

Sort of like how Trump cultists have been involved in several armed standoffs with law enforcement? And how they whined when one of their ilk got killed trying to murder law enforcement officers?

That kind of “funny”?

I refuse to believe that this post is anything but satire. The illiteracy is too convenient.

Yeah I think they are running out of false equivalencies.

He likes heroes that didn't need to be rescued.

Oh, and don’t forget how avoiding STDs was “his Vietnam” :roll:

How anyone can claim Trump “supports the military” unironically is truly amazing.

Maybe he learned in office that one of the most experienced men to ever hold the office he now mocks might have made a good point?

Just kidding! We know he doesn't learn.

Actually, what I find amusing is the same GOP voters praising Bush Sr. for his "experience" and quality resume to be president, are most of the same clowns who voted for a Reality T.V. Star birther with ZERO political experience, who is completely unqualified for the position he currently holds. Oh how the mighty have fallen, eh? GOP voters who apparently once valued "experience", now suddenly don't give a **** about it anymore.

You know whats crazy . . . as disgusting as this is this is it still has a ZERO surprise factor with me simply because its trump . . i mean i still say wow and shake my head but he's done so many things nothing is really THAT shocking.

At this point i honestly cant think of anything that would surprise me with him regarding something negative, like nothing, I cant make up something that would surprise me

You know whats crazy . . . as disgusting as this is this is it still has a ZERO surprise factor with me simply because its trump . . i mean i still say wow and shake my head but he's done so many things nothing is really THAT shocking.

At this point i honestly cant think of anything that would surprise me with him regarding something negative, like nothing, I cant make up something that would surprise me

What if news came out that it was actually Trump tampering with the elections, and the Russia narrative was actually him running interference to obscure the real mastermind behind everything while throwing Putin under the bus? Bet that would surprise you!

I hope.....I can't say it....I just wish someone like you would meet a bad cop and get what you deserve....but I can't say that....it's wrong...I should pray more.

Actually, what I find amusing is the same GOP voters praising Bush Sr. for his "experience" and quality resume to be president, are most of the same clowns who voted for a Reality T.V. Star birther with ZERO political experience, who is completely unqualified for the position he currently holds. Oh how the mighty have fallen, eh? GOP voters who apparently once valued "experience", now suddenly don't give a **** about it anymore.

I honestly think you'd find a wide distance between those who voted eagerly for either Bush and those who voted for Trump reluctantly. Extremists win the primaries these days and moderates drop out after 3 or 5 states. What we are left with in the general is the epitome of divisiveness. Then in the general, they hold their nose and vote for who they think will do the least damage.

Besides, let us not pretend the dems have always shown restraint when it came to some form of celebrity.

I hope.....I can't say it....I just wish someone like you would meet a bad cop and get what you deserve....but I can't say that....it's wrong...I should pray more.

your personal attack is noted. leave it to the alt left radicals to tell people they dont agree with that they hope they get killed by a cop.

just shows how nuts you guys are after hillary got crushed in the election.

get over it

If I were Trump, I wouldn't have talked about "thousand points of lights" during the campaign. I would have just said "George "Read My Lips" Bush". That would have been enough.

Of course, nobody's going to mention THAT little bit of Bush legacy today.

So, if I'm reading you right (and I hope I am) Donald Trump is human filth and shoudl be removed from office. He hates this country, and hates our military and police.

Thanks for clearing that up!

So, if I'm reading you right (and I hope I am) Donald Trump is human filth and shoudl be removed from office. He hates this country, and hates our military and police.

Thanks for clearing that up!

the only human filth left office in 2017. now we finally have a real leader until 2024.

I really hope Trump is out of office soon, so that the hilarity of using Trump vs Trump quotes, video editing (really just adding music and effects), assembling his ever moving goal posts into a catchy GIF, etc., can be enjoyed while it's still fairly fresh. I find it hard to enjoy while he's POTUS. We've got a decades worth of fodder for satire and ridicule, mocking and criminality.

"I am not a crook!" I mean, that's all Nixon could be remembered for? Trump is gonna so own Nixon's legacy of criminal stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom