• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump masqueraded as a spokesman to brag about himself

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The voice is instantly familiar; the tone, confident, even cocky; the cadence, distinctly Trumpian. The man on the phone vigorously defending Donald Trump says he’s a media spokesman named John Miller, but then he says, “I’m sort of new here,” and “I’m somebody that he knows and I think somebody that he trusts and likes” and even “I’m going to do this a little, part-time, and then, yeah, go on with my life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...abef46e0_story.html?wpmm=1&wpisrc=nl_politics

I guess those 20 investigators assigned by WAPO to dig up stuff on Trump has begun to pay off.
This is funny stuff.

[excerpt]

John Miller's voice sounds like a slightly flatter version of Donald Trump's, with the same New York accent and the same hyperbolic speech patterns: "He's starting to do tremendously well financially," "Miller" says of his "boss." "He gets called by everybody in the book, in terms of women." The alleged spokesman says that Trump is "living with Marla [Maples] but has "three other girlfriends" and even claims that Italian-French model/singer Carla Bruni "dropped Mick Jagger for Donald." Amazing! Pressed on his credentials by reporter Sue Carswell, "Miller" says that "I’m sort of new here" and that "I basically worked for different firms." But both gossip reporter Cindy Adams and Marla Maples told Carswell that the voice on the phone was Trump, and he apparently then admitted as much: A few weeks later, when People ran a story about Trump and Maples getting engaged, Trump was quoted saying that the John Miller call was a “joke gone awry.”

And yet, when the Today show asked Trump this morning about the story and played him part of the tape, he completely denied having made the call:No, I don’t think it — I don’t know anything about it. You’re telling me about it for the first time and it doesn’t sound like my voice at all. I have many, many people that are trying to imitate my voice and then you can imagine that, and this sounds like one of the scams, one of the many scams — doesn’t sound like me ... It was not me on the phone. And it doesn’t sound like me on the phone, I will tell you that, and it was not me on the phone.

Trump seems to have posed as own spokesman in 1991 People conversation.

Exclusive video of Trump's former spokesman reacting to today's WaPo revelation.

CiWBusqWEAEueVs.jpg

This is funny stuff.
Absolutely.

Just more proof of his pathological lying.
I doubt it matters one bit to most folks as self promotion is acceptable.

And if what the interviewer says in the following video is true, it is absolutely hilarious.

Was the media played?

trump-media-wall.jpg

6LaicC.gif

Absolutely.

I doubt it matters one bit to most folks as self promotion is acceptable.

And if what the interviewer says in the following video is true, it is absolutely hilarious.

On NBC's "Today" show Friday, Trump denied being the voice on the phone. "I don't know anything about it," he said.
But he owned up to it at the time, describing the Miller call as a "joke gone awry," said the Post.
Trump also testified in a 1990 court case that he occasionally used the name John Miller and disclosed that his favorite alias was John Baron.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/a43f...-man-about-town-trump-posed-his-own-spokesman

Not sure what point you think you are making in relation to what you quoted.

The headline was that Trump denied it the other day but in the story he admitted it 25 years ago.
He should have just told the Today show that "Yeah, I like to yank the media. It's fun. At least I ain't Jon Gruber."

The headline was that Trump denied it the other day but in the story he admitted it 25 years ago.
He should have just told the Today show that "Yeah, I like to yank the media. It's fun. At least I ain't Jon Gruber."
Thank you for the elaboration.
Still unclear as to it's point in relation to what I provided.

And btw, not sure if you are aware, but the articles linked here reporting the below quote have all failed to link to anything that actually supports it.

A few weeks later, when People ran a story about Trump and Maples getting engaged, Trump was quoted saying that the John Miller call was a “joke gone awry.”

Have you seen a link to the actual People report or at least an image of it?

Thank you for the elaboration.
Still unclear as to it's point in relation to what I provided.

And btw, not sure if you are aware, but the articles linked here reporting the below quote have all failed to link to anything that actually supports it.

A few weeks later, when People ran a story about Trump and Maples getting engaged, Trump was quoted saying that the John Miller call was a “joke gone awry.”

Have you seen a link to the actual People report or at least an image of it?

No.
Megyn Kelly had the People reporter on last night and she (the reporter) talked about the dinner Trump took her to after the phone thing. Can't remember if she mentioned the "joke gone awry" comment.
One thing she did say that was strange is that she didn't have the audio anymore but Trump did. So Megyn incredulously asked if that would mean Trump released the audio himself. The woman kind of shrugged and said something like yeah, I guess so.

No.
Megyn Kelly had the People reporter on last night and she (the reporter) talked about the dinner Trump took her to after the phone thing. Can't remember if she mentioned the "joke gone awry" comment.
So the answer was "no", you haven't seen the quote actually supported. Correct?

One thing she did say that was strange is that she didn't have the audio anymore but Trump did. So Megyn incredulously asked if that would mean Trump released the audio himself. The woman kind of shrugged and said something like yeah, I guess so.
Which is why I said the following.

" ... if what the interviewer says in the following video is true, it is absolutely hilarious."

" ... if what the interviewer says in the following video is true, it is absolutely hilarious."

That is correct. That's what the "No." was referring to.

And it is hilarious.

No.

Michael Smerconish interviewed her after on CNN and showed the People magazine story about how he admitted it then, and how in the article written at the time it noted how the "publicist" sounded like Trump. Trump called up and apologized and even took the lady and an editor from People mag. out to dinner, driving around in his limo, and then to a night club.

Hilarious in a look at the mentally unstable, pathologically lying buffoon that is the head of the GOP kind of way.

Somebody will do a computerized voice analysis on the tape, the truth will come out IMO. This is the presidential election, come on, it has to come out. I wonder WHEN? Save a lot of stuff for after the convention so it is fresh in people's minds? That is what campaign directors are for, pick the topic, and pick the timing. Of course, the news channels have ratings to worry about, and they don't want to get scooped, so.......

Hilarious in a look at the mentally unstable, pathologically lying buffoon that is the head of the GOP kind of way.

But for your the GOP part, you are apparently only looking inward.

What do you think that image reflects?

A piece of **** reality TV showman and adulterer the "family values" GOP elected as their leader, and has formed a cult following mesmerizing the low infos, racists, sexists and fellow con artists.

A piece of **** reality TV showman and adulterer the "family values" GOP elected as their leader, and has formed a cult following mesmerizing the low infos, racists, sexists and fellow con artists.

This is not a Bill Clinton thread. or an Obama thread, I might add ... so I did.

iLOL
This reflection of your thoughts is based in your own bias and only supported by the false impressions that bias leads you to believe.

What ever you say, Mr. ExCON Projection.

Trump is all yours.

Ride him like the wind.

Hard, deep and fast.

Ride 'em cowboy.

Back
Top Bottom