• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Jr.: My dad once ‘regifted’ me something I gave him

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://nypost.com/2018/12/12/donald-trump-jr-my-dad-once-regifted-me-something-i-gave-him/

[h=1]Donald Trump Jr.: My dad once ‘regifted’ me something I gave him[/h]
President Trump’s eldest son said his father is a “regifter” who apparently once gave him the same gift he had given to his father the year before.

Donald Trump Jr. told the entertainment program “Extra” that because he is his father’s namesake, he “got regifted” on more than one occasion.

And he said that one Christmas he called his dad out on the regifting, explaining that he was the one who’d had the item monogrammed a year earlier.

“I’m the namesake, so I got re-gifted all the things that were monogrammed for him at times. There was one Christmas where he may or may not have given me the gift I had given him the year before because I had monogrammed it. And I’m like, ‘I know you didn’t get this,’ ‘How do you know that?’ ‘Because I gave it to you last year,’” Trump Jr. said.

There is only one word for this

SAD!!!

Is Jr talking about a woman?

Is Jr talking about a woman?

Donald Trump Jr.: My dad once ‘regifted’ me something I gave him

Regifting an item to the person who gave it to you...and that person is one's child...That's really lame!

SAD!!!

...And yet it's not at all hard to believe Trump is so uncaring that he had no more regard for his own son than to regift an item his son gave him.

...And yet it's not at all hard to believe Trump is so uncaring that he had no more regard for his own son than to regift an item his son gave him.

If Jr got a regifted item - can you imagine how trump treated Tiffany? And we all know he doesn't give a toss about Barren or Eric.

It's IVANKA or else.

Everybody I know has done this at least once, to include me, and I am as honest as they come.

"NEXT!"

You have regifted the same gift back to the person who gave it to you?

SAD!!!

Of all the things to be upset about, this one is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

SAD!!!

It is odd the things you waste time on.

Are you sure this isn't an old Sienfeld episode?

Interesting. You can take something everybody has done and turn it into a major character flaw.

You are showing yourself to everybody here.

It is odd the things you waste time on.

Are you sure this isn't an old Sienfeld episode?

The one where George boffs the cleaning lady on his desk at work, and when his boss calls him on it, he asks, ‘Was that wrong?‘

I'd have to see what the regift was to judge my reaction.

Ferrari? I'm OK with it. Fruit cake? Not so much.

Everybody I know has done this at least once, to include me, and I am as honest as they come.

"NEXT!"

I have no idea who you know, but nobody I know in my 56 years has ever re-gifted a gift back to the gift giver a year later.

And I'm sure if I do know someone who did it, they wouldn't admit to such an ignorant action.

"NEXT!"

You regifted a present from your son back to him a year later?

Interesting. You can take something everybody has done and turn it into a major character flaw.

You are showing yourself to everybody here.
Blue:
I can assure you that not everybody has regifted to their son/child an item their son/child gave to them.

What's more absurd.
1. that you think everyone has done this
2. that you think you're as honest as they come
3. all of the above?

I'm going with 3.

I have never regifted. The first time I ever heard of it was watching an episode about it on Seinfeld. That said, I don’t think it is a big deal. What strikes me as odd is that Junior thought it was a good idea to tell a story that once again paints his father in a negative light.

SAD!!!

Oh come on!

My family has been passing the same fruitcake around for nearly 30 years. Some day someone is finally going to keep it because the tin has become a collector's item or something.

"NEXT!"

Are you telling me you are so emotionally disconnected from your Children that you might re-gift their gift?

Diving Mullah

This story is big.

Can't imagine the fallout once the major news organizations get hold of it.

(Fasten your seat-belts little campers...!!!!)

Oh come on!

My family has been passing the same fruitcake around for nearly 30 years. Some day someone is finally going to keep it because the tin has become a collector's item or something.

Fruitcake is never a gift. It is a curse

Of all the things to be upset about, this one is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

They can always drill down a little lower. The constant fake outrage must be exhausting to maintain..

Back
Top Bottom