• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Jr.: My dad once ‘regifted’ me something I gave him

Everybody I know has done this at least once, to include me, and I am as honest as they come.

"NEXT!"

Yeah, I totally regifted back the ashtray my kid made in first grade for me. Little bastard does not even smok....:lamo

Fruitcake is never a gift. It is a curse

The secret history of fruitcake

"the history of fruitcake goes way back, all the way to ancient Rome. A recipe from 2000 years ago had pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and raisins mixed into a cake made out of barley mash. Later in the Middle Ages, fruitcakes with honey, preserved fruit and spices were popular. Fruitcake made with butter and sugar was banned for a while in Europe in the 18th century because it was thought to be just too rich and tasty. From the 19th century on fruitcake became a traditional wedding cake in England."

Never really liked it myself.

You have regifted the same gift back to the person who gave it to you?

No, that is a special sort of tacky. I assume that Trump or whoever was in charge of this operation had forgotten where it had come from....this speaks to a lack of organization in the Trump household, which is not a shock to see.....have you ever seen Trumps Trump Tower office?

Last edited:
No, that is a special sort of tacky. I assume that Trump or whoever was in charge of this operation had forgotten where it had come from....theis speaks to a lack of organization in the Trump household, which is not a shock to see.....have you ever seen Trumps Trump Tower office?

I just googled it. It does look pretty disorganized. And judging by this article it's absolutely covered in accolades.

I just googled it. It does look pretty disorganized. And judging by this article it's absolutely covered in accolades.

Trump thinks that he works best in barely controlled chaos. I had a boss like that once, the owner of a catering company....I promised myself I would never do that again.

Trump thinks that he works best in barely controlled chaos. I had a boss like that once, the owner of a catering company....I promised myself I would never do that again.

I wonder how people like that manage to find success? It seems like it would be counter-productive. But maybe it works.

Blue:
I can assure you that not everybody has regifted to their son/child an item their son/child gave to them.

I can see you have to narrow this down to a gift the son gave to the father the year before.

Most people regift something to somebody else.

it is normal behavior.

...And yet it's not at all hard to believe Trump is so uncaring that he had no more regard for his own son than to regift an item his son gave him.

Interesting. You can take something everybody has done and turn it into a major character flaw.

You are showing yourself to everybody here.

Blue:
I can assure you that not everybody has regifted to their son/child an item their son/child gave to them.

I can see you have to narrow this down to a gift the son gave to the father the year before.

Most people regift something to somebody else.

it is normal behavior.

Just how much "narrowing" do you think I did? This -- Donald Trump Jr.: My dad once ‘regifted’ me something I gave him -- is the thread's title.

Back
Top Bottom