• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Jr. compared immigrants to zoo animals in an Instagram post on the border wall

sangha

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.businessinsider.com/don...ts-to-animals-border-wall-to-zoo-fence-2019-1

[h=1]Donald Trump Jr. compared immigrants to zoo animals in an Instagram post on the border wall[/h]Donald Trump Jr. on Tuesday compared immigrants to zoo animals in a controversial Instagram post regarding the wall his father wants to build along the US-Mexico border.

Though the post does not appear on his main profile, a source close to Trump Jr. pointed out to INSIDER that it was shared via the Instagram story feature. It will delete after 24 hours.

Trump Jr.'s post said, "You know why you can enjoy a day at the zoo? Because walls work."

Like father, like son

From that quote it looks to me like he was comparing walls with walls :eek: How did it come to this?

Come to what?

You're a smart guy, do you really need to ask? Almost certainly Don Jr knew what he was doing, that a fatuous comment about the efficacy of walls would be pounced on by rabid critics if given even the tiniest hint of a sliver of anything which might be interpreted as 'racism'; accomplishing absolutely nothing to reduce anyone's opinion of the Trump family and agenda, but absolutely 'proving' to their supporters how irrational the hatred for Trump must be to stoop to such desperate grasping at straws.

Not that I've followed too closely, but it seems that ever since Day One of his candidacy Trump has tried to deal with every scandal or criticism by throwing some other scrap of red meat to the media, some obnoxious remark stupid tweet, and a lot of the time it's worked. How did we come to the point where otherwise intelligent folk are not only STILL playing that game even when it's so obvious, but trying to make mountains out of molehills in order to do so? How did y'all let this president get so far into your heads?

You're a smart guy, do you really need to ask? Almost certainly Don Jr knew what he was doing, that a fatuous comment about the efficacy of walls would be pounced on by rabid critics if given even the tiniest hint of a sliver of anything which might be interpreted as 'racism'; accomplishing absolutely nothing to reduce anyone's opinion of the Trump family and agenda, but absolutely 'proving' to their supporters how irrational the hatred for Trump must be to stoop to such desperate grasping at straws.

Not that I've followed too closely, but it seems that ever since Day One of his candidacy Trump has tried to deal with every scandal or criticism by throwing some other scrap of red meat to the media, some obnoxious remark stupid tweet, and a lot of the time it's worked. How did we come to the point where otherwise intelligent folk are not only STILL playing that game even when it's so obvious, but trying to make mountains out of molehills in order to do so? How did y'all let this president get so far into your heads?

You say that his comment was both silly --ie fatuous-- and a deliberate attempt to stoke racial tension for political advantage.

The fact that these tactics have proven to be an effective way for Trump to bolster his base is not trivial.

Where does jr keep his chin?

Like father, like son

Lefties continue to go ape interpreting the harmless of statements of their perceived enemies to mean something evil. They are crooked, biased and hateful that way.

From that quote it looks to me like he was comparing walls with walls :eek: How did it come to this?

He was obviously comparing walls, not people or animals.

Lefties continue to go ape interpreting the harmless of statements of their perceived enemies to mean something evil. They are crooked, biased and hateful that way.

Those are racist interpretations of his words. I believe only intentional ignorance could miss the problem with Jr's statement. In fact, pretending to not see it is a dog whistle. Those three posts each might as well be, "I'm a racist".

Those are racist interpretations of his words. I believe only intentional ignorance could miss the problem with Jr's statement. In fact, pretending to not see it is a dog whistle. Those three posts each might as well be, "I'm a racist".

Hold on a sec.

His comment about enjoying a day at the zoo because there are walls suggests that on the other side of the wall there are dangerous animals that will attack you if there was no wall. It definitely is a comment that is derogatory about the danger the people on the other side bring.

Keeping in mind that the people on the other side are mostly people running away from horrific conditions and that they include a large number of women and children, it certainly is a remark that is thoughtless and wrong. It is not a harmless statement but one that is deragatory.

Hold on a sec.

His comment about enjoying a day at the zoo because there are walls suggests that on the other side of the wall there are dangerous animals that will attack you if there was no wall. It definitely is a comment that is derogatory about the danger the people on the other side bring.

Keeping in mind that the people on the other side are mostly people running away from horrific conditions and that they include a large number of women and children, it certainly is a remark that is thoughtless and wrong. It is not a harmless statement but one that is deragatory.

We agree and I'm calling out posts that support the racism in Jr's comment by denying it.

.... accomplishing absolutely nothing to reduce anyone's opinion of the Trump family ...
Maybe. They’ve already proven their contemptibility to most. Dumbazz comments like jr’s affirm the reasoning for that contempt.

He was obviously comparing walls, not people or animals.
To some, it was a comment on the effectiveness of walls. To many, it was a not too subtle comparison of animals (a word Trump has used to describe immigrants) and immigrants. How you interpret it is based on perspective.

Just like hearing the phrase "All Americans" and knowing that the person saying it is a racist.

This is the delusion that grips the Never Trumpers. You are filled with anger and hate and you think that those that you hate also hate. That is the foundation of your delusion.

Walls work. That's why there are so many of them. In my home, there are several. In the city of Indianapolis there are hundreds of thousands, probably millions of walls. In every floor plan I've ever seen, walls are drawn in.

I'd be willing to bet that if you look away from your computer screen, you will see a wall from the place where you're sitting. Walls are only walls. Your anger and hate turns them into something else.

Maybe. They’ve already proven their contemptibility to most. Dumbazz comments like jr’s affirm the reasoning for that contempt.

To some, it was a comment on the effectiveness of walls. To many, it was a not too subtle comparison of animals (a word Trump has used to describe immigrants) and immigrants. How you interpret it is based on perspective.

If you interpret it by the rules of the English language, he was comparing walls to walls.

If you compare it gripped by hate and bias as you are, then you see hate and bias.

Hate and bias are very corrosive things to embrace. You may not understand this when you are poisoned by them.

Just like hearing the phrase "All Americans" and knowing that the person saying it is a racist.

To me that means 82nd Airborne. No idea what you're crying about.

You are filled with anger and hate and you think that those that you hate also hate.

I don't support comparing brown people to zoo animals. You do.

To me that means 82nd Airborne. No idea what you're crying about.

I don't support comparing brown people to zoo animals. You do.

Why do you say that? Can you post the words that I said that actually support the lie that you post?

When a person is filled with hate as you are, you think others hate as well.

We don't hate others. We only why you do.

Why do you say that? Can you post the words that I said that actually support the lie that you post?

When a person is filled with hate as you are, you think others hate as well.

We don't hate others. We only why you do.

You know you're at an internet debate website, right?

If you interpret it by the rules of the English language, he was comparing walls to walls.

If you compare it gripped by hate and bias as you are, then you see hate and bias.

Hate and bias are very corrosive things to embrace. You may not understand this when you are poisoned by them.

100% wrong. Factually, jr’s tweet could be interpreted either way I described.

Your apparent bias has obviously led you to accept the first interpretation I described. Hate and bias have corroded your ability to reason.

You know you're at an internet debate website, right?

I do know that.

I also know that you're posting lies.

You seem committed to supporting your hate and bias using lies.

I am only wondering why you feel the need to do this.

I do know that.

I also know that you're posting lies.

You seem committed to supporting your hate and bias using lies.

I am only wondering why you feel the need to do this.

Funny thing... everyone says that about you and you say that about everyone. Weird, huh?

100% wrong. Factually, jr’s tweet could be interpreted either way I described.

Your apparent bias has obviously led you to accept the first interpretation I described. Hate and bias have corroded your ability to reason.

That is not true.

What he said compared walls to walls. What you infer from what he said is on you, not him.

That is the simple truth of it and you cannot bring yourself to accept it.

You hate Trump. I get it.

If you cannot manufacture rationalization for your hate then it is just hate. With your rationalization, it apparently seems to you to be more like like enlightened review.

It is not enlightened and is not review. It is hate and your hate is manufactured.

Out of curiosity, how safe do you feel zoos would be without walls?

How safe would the world be without walls? Can you see a wall from the place you are seated right now?

Most all of us live behind walls and most of us lock our doors and windows. Does that make us racist or bad people? Trump Jr. was pointing out walls at the zoo keep people from coming in contact with things that could harm them. Also the walls at the zoo protect what is being locked inside the zoo.

If you don't want children abused and dying, support Trump in his effort to build a wall at the border, will save many lives. The wall will help not only Americans but those who break the law and put their own lives at risk doing so. Quit fighting Trump and the wall just because of your dislike for him, you're hurting way to many people with this nonsense.

Funny thing... everyone says that about you and you say that about everyone. Weird, huh?

https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-by-rudyard-kipling
<snip>
If
By Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too:
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings,
And never breathe a word about your loss:
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much:
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/if-by-rudyard-kipling

That is not true.
You are confusing truth with fact. They are not the same. Factually, as jr has a history of trolling, his words can be interpreted as supporting the use of walls or comparing immigrants to animals. To argue otherwise is disingenuous and/or stupid.

What he said compared walls to walls. What you infer from what he said is on you, not him.
What anyone infers from jr’s comments is their prerogative. Jr is no genius, but I do give him credit enough to form a simple double entendre meant to rile anti-Trumpers.

That is the simple truth of it and you cannot bring yourself to accept it.

You hate Trump. I get it.
A failed mind reader and English tutor. I don’t hate Trump. He isn’t worthy of the energy that requires. I disdain Trump.

And no, you don’t get it all.

If you cannot manufacture rationalization for your hate then it is just hate. With your rationalization, it apparently seems to you to be more like like enlightened review.

It is not enlightened and is not review. It is hate and your hate is manufactured.
It isn’t enlightenment, genius, it’s being clear eyed and willing to see/acknowledge things the way they are. Try it sometime if you can.

Out of curiosity, how safe do you feel zoos would be without walls?

How safe would the world be without walls? Can you see a wall from the place you are seated right now?
As long as there is an effective barrier of any type, I’d feel safe. How about you? Are walls the only things that make you feel safe?

Back
Top Bottom