• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Jr. compared immigrants to zoo animals in an Instagram post on the border wall

Could you explain how it is "****ed up" and "slimeball garbage" to interpret Don Jr's comment as comparing walls with walls?

Because one must knowingly ignore or dismiss obvious contextual info in order to do so

Unfortunately for Trump, his family and his supporters like you, the Trump haters have good reasons to hate Trump. Never before in my lifetime has any other winning President being hated so much as Trump has, suggesting that there are reasons for the hate. This is not derangement, but substantiated criticism of the man. In addition, all of his family has learned from Trump (as is often the case with families) and they themselves are doing hateful things.

No, the hatred is not justifiable. It is pure unjustified bias and bigotry fomented by disgruntled anti-American democrat losers ever since Trump won the election.

No, the hatred is not justifiable. It is pure unjustified bias and bigotry fomented by disgruntled anti-American democrat losers ever since Trump won the election.

Your answer suggests that you are for:

Debasing people?
Lying?
Embracing Enemies?
Alienating Allies?
Separating Mothers from their children?
Holding innocents for Ransom?
Favoring the rich?
Supporting the biased?

These are all things that Trump has done publicly (no fake news) and that can be proven without a shadow of a doubt.

Last edited:
Those are racist interpretations of his words. I believe only intentional ignorance could miss the problem with Jr's statement. In fact, pretending to not see it is a dog whistle. Those three posts each might as well be, "I'm a racist".
I'm black and quite honestly, I can say that he's comparing walls.

Because one must knowingly ignore or dismiss obvious contextual info in order to do so

Interestingly about a week ago on my religious debate forum, in a discussion with one of the more zealous anti-religious folk there, I made a passing comment describing the position he'd outlined as his 'beliefs.' Just a hunch, but it was quite amusing to see him immediately start insisting that he "doesn't have any beliefs," because in his personal lexicon apparently everything associated with religion is bad. He even started promoting a new word he'd invented to use instead. Sure, religion has plenty of problems, but I reckon his hyperbolic over-reaction just made him look a little silly.

Same story with folk who feel that everything done by someone with a Trump surname must be viewed in the worst imaginable light... and that everyone who doesn't share your interpretation must be slimeball racists :(

Edit: Quick Q for the wise; by posting that anecdote (true story in fact) am I calling Ecofarm, Sangha etc. anti-religionists? Am I likening myself to Don Jr? Or is the focal and only relevant point of comparison between the hyperbolic over-reactions to a reasonable choice of wording? By describing that fellow's views as 'beliefs' was I associating him with witch-hunts and dogmatism? Quite difficult to reach that conclusion, as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Interestingly about a week ago on my religious debate forum, in a discussion with one of the more zealous anti-religious folk there, I made a passing comment describing the position he'd outlined as his 'beliefs.' Just a hunch, but it was quite amusing to see him immediately start insisting that he "doesn't have any beliefs," because in his personal lexicon apparently everything associated with religion is bad. He even started promoting a new word he'd invented to use instead. Sure, religion has plenty of problems, but I reckon his hyperbolic over-reaction just made him look a little silly.

Same story with folk who feel that everything done by someone with a Trump surname must be viewed in the worst imaginable light... and that everyone who doesn't share your interpretation must be slimeball racists :(

Edit: Quick Q for the wise; by posting that anecdote (true story in fact) am I calling Ecofarm, Sangha etc. anti-religionists? Am I likening myself to Don Jr? Or is the focal and only relevant point of comparison between the hyperbolic over-reactions to a reasonable choice of wording?

I do not get your point or what that story has to do with this issue

Back
Top Bottom