• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump issues statement on Trump University case

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

After doubling down on his racist remarks, then doubling down again, and then berating members of his own staff for trying to make the official campaign message one of non-discussion, Trump has apparently seen the light. Well...it's either that or he got a call from the RNC chair that begged him to issue a statement and to stop talking about the case.

In a statement released just a few hours ago, and you can read the full statement here, Trump started his non-apology by saying,

It is unfortunate that my comments have been misconstrued as a categorical attack against people of Mexican heritage. I am friends with and employ thousands of people of Mexican and Hispanic descent. The American justice system relies on fair and impartial judges. All judges should be held to that standard. I do not feel that one’s heritage makes them incapable of being impartial, but, based on the rulings that I have received in the Trump University civil case, I feel justified in questioning whether I am receiving a fair trial.

Setting aside the fact that it is unfortunate that Trump has apparently still not realized that claiming this judge is inherently biased because "He's Mexican. I am building a wall between here and Mexico" IS a categorical attack against people of Mexican Heritage, Trump goes on to spend a lengthy amount of the statement discussing the merits of the case because...ya know...that's relevant to his racist criticism of the judge, Trump eventually noted,

Due to what I believe are unfair and mistaken rulings in this case and the Judge’s reported associations with certain professional organizations, questions were raised regarding the Obama appointed Judge’s impartiality. It is a fair question. I hope it is not the case.

A brief point to be made here that Trump is the one who raised the question of the Judge's Impartiality by going out of his way during a May 27 rally in San Diego.

And finally concluded by saying,

While this lawsuit should have been dismissed, it is now scheduled for trial in November. I do not intend to comment on this matter any further.

So remember Trump supporters, the marching orders are now one of "non-discussion" and claiming that his comments were "misconstrued." Please adjust accordingly.

Last edited:

After doubling down on his racist remarks, then doubling down again, and then berating members of his own staff for trying to make the official campaign message one of non-discussion, Trump has apparently seen the light. Well...it's either that or he got a call from the RNC chair that begged him to issue a statement and to stop talking about the case.

In a statement released just a few hours ago, and you can read the full statement here, Trump started his non-apology by saying,

Setting aside the fact that it is unfortunate that Trump has apparently still not realized that claiming this judge is inherently biased because "He's Mexican. I am building a wall between here and Mexico" IS a categorical attack against people of Mexican Heritage, Trump goes on to spend a lengthy amount of the statement discussing the merits of the case because...ya know...that's relevant to his racist criticism of the judge, Trump eventually noted,

A brief point to be made here that Trump is the one who raised the question of the Judge's Impartiality by going out of his way during a May 27 rally in San Diego.

So remember Trump supporters, the marching orders are now one of "non-discussion" and claiming that his comments were "misconstrued." Please adjust accordingly.

Too late. The damage is done.

This might be the douchiest version of "I'm sorry you feel that way" I've ever seen.

He is probably a little irritated that every time he has gone to do anything the last couple days, he has gotten another call from some one he needs telling him to stop being such an idiot or else, and from his lawyers telling him about just how retarded it is to insult, attack and belittle the judge who is going to preside over a lawsuit he is in. I bet poor Trump has not even been able to take a **** in peace. I have never seen a presidential candidate get attacked by his own party like this, it is unreal.

He is probably a little irritated that every time he has gone to do anything the last couple days, he has gotten another call from some one he needs telling him to stop being such an idiot or else, and from his lawyers telling him about just how retarded it is to insult, attack and belittle the judge who is going to preside over a lawsuit he is in. I bet poor Trump has not even been able to take a **** in peace. I have never seen a presidential candidate get attacked by his own party like this, it is unreal.

Were you expecting anything less?

It was a really stupid thing he done did do.

Were you expecting anything less?

Once I realized Trump really was a serious(so to speak) candidate, and was at least likely to get the nomination(right now, I don't put that at 100 % any more, there just might be enough pissed at him to blow things up at convention), I knew we were in for an entertaining year. Did not dream it would be this entertaining tho~

Once I realized Trump really was a serious(so to speak) candidate, and was at least likely to get the nomination(right now, I don't put that at 100 % any more, there just might be enough pissed at him to blow things up at convention), I knew we were in for an entertaining year. Did not dream it would be this entertaining tho~

You do realize you're slaying a dragon?

When you're explaining, you're losing!

And worse, he was also back-peddling, but even worse yet: Only back-peddling halfway! :doh

wizard-of-oz-meme.jpg

how can this just keep getting worser and worser (sic) :doh

and yet it does

while his popularity soars...wtf is wrong with us?

That's what the media has been saying out loud for a year, so you'd figure there must be something ... but maybe it's a certain wrong assumption about who's included in "us".

When you're explaining, you're losing!

And worse, he was also back-peddling, but even worse yet: Only back-peddling halfway! :doh

Yep. Not good enough to appease the people he pissed off but just enough to look weak to the supporters who agreed with him. Though his supporters will forget about it very soon.

I don't know, I just keep hoping it won't get worse, and then it does

That whole subject reminds me of a quote by Pauline Kael that bears repeating ... think about it.

"I live in a rather special world. I only know one person who voted for Nixon. Where they are I don’t know. They’re outside my ken. But sometimes when I’m in a theater I can feel them.”

No, I suspect he heard from his lawyers in regard obstruction of justice and how it might be interpreted in this case. I don't know about there, but politicians here who call into question the integrity of the court end up not being politicians anymore.

But, the damage is done. The only ruling surrogates will now accept is being completely cleared of allegations.

On top of that, the small man is a poor looser
While this lawsuit should have been dismissed, it is now scheduled for trial in November. I do not intend to comment on this matter any further.

Sleep well at night with this warrior prince in the White House

"After doubling down on his racist remarks.." "that's relevant to his racist criticism of the judge"

It gets tiresome to see the term racist thrown around incorrectly over and over and over again. Mexican is a person from mexico or a descendant of one. Mexican is not a race.
I think perhaps it would be helpful to learn the difference between racist and bigoted -- http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-bigot-and-racist

Yep. Not good enough to appease the people he pissed off but just enough to look weak to the supporters who agreed with him. Though his supporters will forget about it very soon.
Chuck Todd believes this 'judge problem' may now illuminate a path of attack that has been an undercurrent but has not yet risen to the forefront:

"Once in office, what is going to stop you from using your power & influence to better your own omnipresent business interests when these matters come before you?"

It's going to be hard for him to believably say:

"I respect and adhere to the Constitution, Courts, and Laws of this great country"! :doh

"After doubling down on his racist remarks.." "that's relevant to his racist criticism of the judge"

It gets tiresome to see the term racist thrown around incorrectly over and over and over again. Mexican is a person from mexico or a descendant of one. Mexican is not a race.
I think perhaps it would be helpful to learn the difference between racist and bigoted -- Bigot vs Racist | Difference Between

Thanks for the info.

I heard someone say the other day that it should actually be called ethnicist.

I think perhaps it would be helpful to learn the difference between racist and bigoted -- Bigot vs Racist | Difference Between

My suggestion would be to quit picking at nits and open your eyes to the most dishonest mother****er to ever run for president. What people mean with "racist" is bigoted, for the record.

So if you like that word better than racist to describe a monster, have at it.

But, it seemed to me just a while ago I was beating up liberals for filtering through definition. Congratulations, you made it to the "IDONWYDOII" "It depends on what your definition of is, is. club"

Chuck Todd believes this 'judge problem' may now illuminate a path of attack that has been an undercurrent but has not yet risen to the forefront:

"Once in office, what is going to stop you from using your power & influence to better your own omnipresent business interests when these matters come before you?"

"I respect and adhere to the Constitution, Courts, and Laws of this great country"! :doh

How about the good old fashioned word "bigot"?

He isn't exactly shy about admitting his own self interest.

He has said he hopes for another housing market collapse so he can capitalize on it. And then there is this. Go to the 0:35 mark.

Trump will always put his own best interests above everyone else. But he hasn't pretended otherwise.

Of course, most figure Hillary puts her own interests first as well but at least she has the decency to lie about it.

So depressing.

He won't be able to shut up.

He's going to ****up over and over again.

He's Donald.

It's who he is.

Apparently not much damage.

The latest polls I can find put Trump and Hillary still in a dead heat.

I see two things happening here.

Trump is drawing a slight pass, or

Trump and Hillary are working hard to out stupid each other, and both are succeeding.

Obama's stuttering off the teleprompter anti Trump speech didn't help. Like it or not People equate Hillary to Obama.

Hillary didn't help herself when she questioned the second amendment rights and stated that all rights were subject to regulation.

Then Trump argued that he couldn't a fair trail from this judge because he's a Mexican. The fair trail thing might be valid, the Mexican one is not.

Oh I have a feeling we haven't seen anything yet. Wait for the debates. It's going to be a wild one.

Back
Top Bottom