• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy

Brtblutwo

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a big disappointment to white racists, especially those in the Deep South. The vast majority of these people were Democrats and felt betrayed by their chosen congressmen for their part in passing such an objectionable law.

As a result, the GOP was quick to embrace Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” and use it to exploit these disgruntled former Democrats. Part of this exploitation has been to plant the notion in the minds of the these white racists that they are being threatened and victimized, thus validating their racism and xenophobia.

For the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump has high jacked the Republican Party’s Southern Strategy. He’s taken the racism and xenophobia the GOP spent decades cultivating in their voter base to staggering new heights, proving how willing his supporters are to openly sink to the lowest levels of human dignity and intolerance.

Thanks to Donald Trump’s successful escalation of the GOP’s Southern Strategy, it’s come back to bite the Republican establishment in its political butt.

The article, “Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy”, can be read at the following link:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...he-bed-you-made-donald-trump-is-the-logi.html

*yawn* :coffeepap

Same ole' talking points. Nothing to see here folks.

Oh please tell us how Trump is a racist?

Oh please tell us how Trump is a racist?

Oh I had no intention of even commenting on this thread, but thanks to your question - I will.

Initially, I will start by saying that if he isn't a racist himself, then he has done a damn good job of disguising himself as one.

For starters, there's the fact the Justice Department sued his company - twice - for not renting to black people. But let's say you want to argue that was just his company and not him - then I direct you to the fact that he refused to disavow - three times in a row - the KKK. But maybe you believe a failure to act is not a sign of racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump spent time and effort researching whether Obama was born in America and allegedly his people were finding "stuff you wouldn't believe" and he still maintains that doubt, raising it as recently as late february. But perhaps, you don't believe that the birther movement was heavily steeped in racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump re-tweeted an incredibly false and racist statistic about Black people. And there is also the fact that he encouraged his supporters to beat up a black lives matter protester and he called his supporters that beat up a homeless latino "passionate."

And I haven't even touched on his comments regarding Mexicans, Indians, or Jews.

But if you look at that entire post and still reach the conclusion that Trump is not racist (or pretending to be one at the very least), then I suppose I could chalk that up to confirmation bias. Confirmation Bias because it has been demonstrated that Trump's supporters are statistically more likely to have racist beliefs themselves when compared to the general population.

Oh I had no intention of even commenting on this thread, but thanks to your question - I will.

Initially, I will start by saying that if he isn't a racist himself, then he has done a damn good job of disguising himself as one.

For starters, there's the fact the Justice Department sued his company - twice - for not renting to black people. But let's say you want to argue that was just his company and not him - then I direct you to the fact that he refused to disavow - three times in a row - the KKK. But maybe you believe a failure to act is not a sign of racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump spent time and effort researching whether Obama was born in America and allegedly his people were finding "stuff you wouldn't believe" and he still maintains that doubt, raising it as recently as late february. But perhaps, you don't believe that the birther movement was heavily steeped in racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump re-tweeted an incredibly false and racist statistic about Black people. And there is also the fact that he encouraged his supporters to beat up a black lives matter protester and he called his supporters that beat up a homeless latino "passionate."

And I haven't even touched on his comments regarding Mexicans, Indians, or Jews.

But if you look at that entire post and still reach the conclusion that Trump is not racist (or pretending to be one at the very least), then I suppose I could chalk that up to confirmation bias. Confirmation Bias because it has been demonstrated that Trump's supporters are statistically more likely to have racist beliefs themselves when compared to the general population.

And there folks is the Leftist Race Card play to the hilt.

You mean a well reasoned argument that uses multiple types of examples and citations?

That's the best response you got?

Edit: Oh my God! How could I forget? Trump is clearly not racist and we know this because he tells us that he is the "least racist person that you have ever met" and that he loves "The Hispanics" and "The African Americans."

Because treating and labeling a demographic group as though they are monolithic is totally not racist in and of itself.

Last edited:
You mean a well reasoned argument that uses multiple types of examples and citations?

That's the best response you got?

Edit: Oh my God! How could I forget? Trump is clearly not racist and we know this because he tells us that he is the "least racist person that you have ever met" and that he loves "The Hispanics" and "The African Americans."

Because treating and labeling a demographic group as though they are monolithic is totally not racist in and of itself.
In other words, it is very similar to the way conservatives are treated as monolithic?

And there folks is the Leftist Race Card play to the hilt.

You asked a question, he answered it, you accuse him of playing the "Leftist Race Card."

Can't make this stuff up, folks.

In other words, it is very similar to the way conservatives are treated as monolithic?

:roll:

And liberals aren't? What planet are you reading DP from?

"Conservatives" are not a demographic group.

:roll:

And liberals aren't? What planet are you reading DP from?

"Conservatives" are not a demographic group.

When the group being attacked in a similar way happens to be liberal(which I am sure will happen somewhere on this site before I finish this post), you have my permission to equate the nature of the attack as similar to bigotry.

Feel better?

When the group being attacked in a similar way happens to be liberal(which I am sure will happen somewhere on this site before I finish this post), you have my permission to equate the nature of the attack as similar to bigotry.

Feel better?

Yeah, except I don't do that, since the idea that partisan broadbrushing -- as distasteful as I often find it, even on the rare occasions I engage in it -- equates to "bigotry" is utter codswallop.

You asked a question, he answered it, you accuse him of playing the "Leftist Race Card."

Can't make this stuff up, folks.

Looks like WCH got caught with his pants down and is now glowing red with embarrassment.

Yeah, except I don't do that, since the idea that partisan broadbrushing -- as distasteful as I often find it, even on the rare occasions I engage in it -- equates to "bigotry" is utter codswallop.
I said "similar", and it is.

Looks like WCH got caught with his pants down and is now glowing red with embarrassment.

Not at all. I stand by my response.

People who actually know Trump totally disagree with T's assertions. Even other leftists.

People who actually know Trump totally disagree with T's assertions. Even other leftists.

Fool me once, uh fool me...sorry. I guess I will have to contact Bush to remember how this saying goes.

Regardless, to stand by a fool like Trump certainly isn't something to brag about.

Hard to imagine that the CEO of a large business such as Trump's would be involved in the renting of individual pieces of real estate.
Wouldn't it much more likely that it's some manager in the lower ranks that made that decision?
I think yes, so how does this decision, made by someone else, make Trump a racist again? :roll:

Hard to imagine that the CEO of a large business such as Trump's would be involved in the renting of individual pieces of real estate.
Wouldn't it much more likely that it's some manager in the lower ranks that made that decision?
I think yes, so how does this decision, made by someone else, make Trump a racist again? :roll:

Setting aside the fact that, as the CEO of a company, the buck stops with him (just as it would if he were President) and the fact that the DOJ isn't going to pursue action against a company unless the actions are systemic to the company itself...

Do you really think that picking apart that one point - with a fact that I already referenced - is enough justification to roll your eyes at the ten other citations and references that I made?

And if I ever get a chance to meet Trump, maybe I will change my mind...about him being an actual racist.

I will still stand by my assertion that he has pretended to be a racist for much of this campaign and a significant percentage of his life.

Setting aside the fact that, as the CEO of a company, the buck stops with him (just as it would if he were President) and the fact that the DOJ isn't going to pursue action against a company unless the actions are systemic to the company itself...

Do you really think that picking apart that one point - with a fact that I already referenced - is enough justification to roll your eyes at the ten other citations and references that I made?

Aside from the fact that in Trump's company he's hired and promoted blacks to executive leadership positions? Yeah, that sure makes him a racist.
Please. He's not one.

Aside from the fact that in Trump's company he's hired and promoted blacks to executive leadership positions? Yeah, that sure makes him a racist.
Please. He's not one.

And me having a black friend proves that I'm not a racist either!

That's no true. A grievous injustice is a grievous injustice even if it happens once. Do you really think Trump is handling thousands of tenant applications at all of his properties?

And if I ever get a chance to meet Trump, maybe I will change my mind...about him being an actual racist.

I will still stand by my assertion that he has pretended to be a racist for much of this campaign and a significant percentage of his life.

Which, if you think about is worse. He's a fake,

But you are right about some things, Donald is now telling the New York Times and others that the ban on all Muslims is flexible. He will of course allow for exemptions for the likes of the Mayor o London. And he has commented elsewhere that the 'ban' was only a "suggestion" until we figure out what is going on.

BY election day Trump and Hilary's polices are going to look a lot alike. Trump is going to become soooooooooooo moderate ...

Whether or not Trump is racist in his heart, his message is consistently tailored for racists and bigots. That's actually a lot worse, because even if he is the most progressive and egalitarian human on earth, he still made the conscious decision of choosing angry white bigots as his target demographic. That's ****ed up in the extreme.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a big disappointment to white racists, especially those in the Deep South. The vast majority of these people were Democrats and felt betrayed by their chosen congressmen for their part in passing such an objectionable law.

As a result, the GOP was quick to embrace Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” and use it to exploit these disgruntled former Democrats. Part of this exploitation has been to plant the notion in the minds of the these white racists that they are being threatened and victimized, thus validating their racism and xenophobia.

For the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump has high jacked the Republican Party’s Southern Strategy. He’s taken the racism and xenophobia the GOP spent decades cultivating in their voter base to staggering new heights, proving how willing his supporters are to openly sink to the lowest levels of human dignity and intolerance.

Thanks to Donald Trump’s successful escalation of the GOP’s Southern Strategy, it’s come back to bite the Republican establishment in its political butt.

The article, “Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy”, can be read at the following link:

Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy :: Politics :: Features :: Paste

Not sure that one can label trump as a racist, at least not in the typical use of the term since he thinks he is better than all people regardless of color, after all He is The Donald.

Back
Top Bottom