• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy

Which, if you think about is worse. He's a fake,

But you are right about some things, Donald is now telling the New York Times and others that the ban on all Muslims is flexible. He will of course allow for exemptions for the likes of the Mayor o London. And he has commented elsewhere that the 'ban' was only a "suggestion" until we figure out what is going on.

BY election day Trump and Hilary's polices are going to look a lot alike. Trump is going to become soooooooooooo moderate ...

Yep. "I love Muslims. I have several working for me, and they're great, just great. The one guy, he does my shoes. Look at these things ( shows shoes). I check for bombs, yes. I'd be a fool if I didn't, but I love the fact that a Muslim can work for me. Love it. I love Muslims."

Whether or not Trump is racist in his heart, his message is consistently tailored for racists and bigots. That's actually a lot worse, because even if he is the most progressive and egalitarian human on earth, he still made the conscious decision of choosing angry white bigots as his target demographic. That's ****ed up in the extreme.

He is a bigot.

Notice he never refers to those of race a friends, but always as "I have Mexicans working for me, I love it"

And me having a black friend proves that I'm not a racist either!

The woman in question posted an Internet video, without the foreknowledge or prompting from the Trump family which pretty much puts the 'Trump's a racist' mindless accusation to bed. In short, she praises the Trump family for being supportive of her and her career and given her lots of opportunities for advancement.
Exactly what a racist would do? I don't think so.

For the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump has high jacked the Republican Party’s Southern Strategy. He’s taken the racism and xenophobia [/url]

Xenophobia - yes. To be more precise, the anti-foreigner sentiment. But how is Trump racist? To my recollection, he never said anything negative about blacks, or even Hispanics as such (as opposed to illegal immigrants from Mexico). And the libelous attacks on Muslims are not racial attacks: religion is not race.

Trump is a repulsive demagogue, but making accusations that are not factually correct only helps him to gain more following

It's always a rush to the center for the presidential nominees.

Because American voters let them get away with it. As long as there are no consequences for treating the voters as stupid sheep, it will go on and on. What happened to "no new taxes"

I think Americans have become more frightened of political opponents than terrorists, you're all so hate-filled and afraid of the other guy so many of you will vote for Charles Manson to keep someone out. Party supporters, especially on the left choke on any words that might indicate their guy might have sort of made a mistake.

You buy what looks like a turkey near Thanksgiving, but never raise a peep when you find out is wasn't even edible by February.
Over time you have taught them exactly what to do to have a job for life, live like a sultan, and just keep voting the way the lobbyists tell them to.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a big disappointment to white racists, especially those in the Deep South. The vast majority of these people were Democrats and felt betrayed by their chosen congressmen for their part in passing such an objectionable law.

As a result, the GOP was quick to embrace Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” and use it to exploit these disgruntled former Democrats. Part of this exploitation has been to plant the notion in the minds of the these white racists that they are being threatened and victimized, thus validating their racism and xenophobia.

For the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump has high jacked the Republican Party’s Southern Strategy. He’s taken the racism and xenophobia the GOP spent decades cultivating in their voter base to staggering new heights, proving how willing his supporters are to openly sink to the lowest levels of human dignity and intolerance.

Thanks to Donald Trump’s successful escalation of the GOP’s Southern Strategy, it’s come back to bite the Republican establishment in its political butt.

The article, “Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy”, can be read at the following link:

Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy :: Politics :: Features :: Paste

There is some validity to what is written here but it's a one-sided theory. The fact is that Trump is a byproduct of the actions of both the Democrats (and the liberal regressive movement) and Republicans. If Trump isn't somewhat racist, he has done a good job courting their support, at the very least by very weakly condemning white supremacist and racist in general. Some of your examples in your other post were good and some very weak (e.g. beating up some BLM protester).

The regressive liberal movement has made an utterly oppressive environment for those of conservative values. With no provocation or support, regressives will label someone disagreeing with their ideology with the nastiest terms used to silence and ostracize (e.g. racist, bigot). If someone criticized something Obama was doing it was because he was a racist, as if they would agree with liberal policies if he were white. Conservatives have, for a long while, just kept their heads down in public so they do not get targeted for intimidation and threats.

I mean, just look at what people have to go through to attend a Trump rally or conservative speakers at college campuses? You literally have to go through a riot/mob of regressives that will do almost everything they can to block you from going, constantly interrupting, or just trying to shut it down in general. It's a complete fascist environment out there with the regressive brown shirts out in force.

Now Trump comes along saying a bunch of stupid **** that pisses off all these regressives and they are losing their minds. People love it. They love that Trump can't be shut up. It's like a release valve for them. I'll even admit that I enjoy watching him piss off the left. It's not really so much about what he actually says but who it's bothering.

Regressives don't get to create that type of environment and expect there to be no blow-back.

The woman in question posted an Internet video, without the foreknowledge or prompting from the Trump family which pretty much puts the 'Trump's a racist' mindless accusation to bed. In short, she praises the Trump family for being supportive of her and her career and given her lots of opportunities for advancement.
Exactly what a racist would do? I don't think so.

"The woman in question?"

What are you talking about? Is this woman one of the black individuals promoted within Trump's company that you mentioned that supposedly proves Trump isn't a racist?

I tried to make it clear with the whole "my black friend proves I'm not a racist," but I will try to make the point more clearly. Finding singular or isolated instances of an individual acting inconsistently with a purely monolithic definition of a label is not enough, in and of itself, to negate the usage of the label or to make it meaningless when there is a mountain of evidence to support the usage of the label.

In other words, just because you have a few isolated examples of Trump acting like someone that isn't a pure racist is not enough justification for me to stop labeling him a racist given the numerous examples that I can use to support the label.

Xenophobia - yes. To be more precise, the anti-foreigner sentiment. But how is Trump racist? To my recollection, he never said anything negative about blacks, or even Hispanics as such (as opposed to illegal immigrants from Mexico). And the libelous attacks on Muslims are not racial attacks: religion is not race.

Trump is a repulsive demagogue, but making accusations that are not factually correct only helps him to gain more following

I feel like I laid out a pretty strong argument to support the claim in post #4.

Aside from the fact that in Trump's company he's hired and promoted blacks to executive leadership positions? Yeah, that sure makes him a racist.
Please. He's not one.

Which also does not prove he is not a racist. He's not, by the way, he's a bigot.

But nonetheless, "racist" is one of the few charges for which there really is no proof, as one, you cannot prove a negative, and two having employees in this day and age is a given..but still 'proves" nothing; and then there are the morons who will argue that by employing blacks you are merely exploiting them.

I made a comment at a social gathering once, that was taken way out of context. And with my Chinese Canadian wife at my side was berated for 'racism'.

In Trump's case, the distinction needs to made. If I were so inclined, I would suggest Trump is channeling that lovable bigot, Archie Bunker

Fool me once, uh fool me...sorry. I guess I will have to contact Bush to remember how this saying goes.

Regardless, to stand by a fool like Trump certainly isn't something to brag about.

Having nothing but the race, bigot or homophobe cards to play is getting real old. The death of PC is coming.

And if I ever get a chance to meet Trump, maybe I will change my mind...about him being an actual racist.

I will still stand by my assertion that he has pretended to be a racist for much of this campaign and a significant percentage of his life.

Larry King, who's probably at least a big of a Leftist as you, says Trump has a big heart and is not a racist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_knRyu2ol8

Whether or not Trump is racist in his heart, his message is consistently tailored for racists and bigots. That's actually a lot worse, because even if he is the most progressive and egalitarian human on earth, he still made the conscious decision of choosing angry white bigots as his target demographic. That's ****ed up in the extreme.

You Leftists using racism as a tool to denigrate a whole groups of people and ply the consciousness of the half wits in your party is what ****ed up.

He is a bigot.

Notice he never refers to those of race a friends, but always as "I have Mexicans working for me, I love it"

How many times do I need to point out that, by definition, everyone is a bigot. GEEEZZZ

Having nothing but the race, bigot or homophobe cards to play is getting real old. The death of PC is coming.

Agreed. I'm predicting it will arrive the day after Caitlyn Jenner poses nude in SI and everyone who doesn't call her courageous will be called bigots.

yep, I'm predicting that busts the pc dam WIDE OPEN. the absurdity level will force it open.

Agreed. I'm predicting it will arrive the day after Caitlyn Jenner poses nude in SI and everyone who doesn't call her courageous will be called bigots.

yep, I'm predicting that busts the pc dam WIDE OPEN. the absurdity level will force it open.
I don't know. If the absurdity, ignorance and insulting nature of playing the PC card for everything from terrorists, to SSM, to transgenders etc doesn't kill it, I wonder if that will. :confused:

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was a big disappointment to white racists, especially those in the Deep South. The vast majority of these people were Democrats and felt betrayed by their chosen congressmen for their part in passing such an objectionable law.

As a result, the GOP was quick to embrace Nixon’s “Southern Strategy” and use it to exploit these disgruntled former Democrats. Part of this exploitation has been to plant the notion in the minds of the these white racists that they are being threatened and victimized, thus validating their racism and xenophobia.

For the 2016 presidential election, Donald Trump has high jacked the Republican Party’s Southern Strategy. He’s taken the racism and xenophobia the GOP spent decades cultivating in their voter base to staggering new heights, proving how willing his supporters are to openly sink to the lowest levels of human dignity and intolerance.

Thanks to Donald Trump’s successful escalation of the GOP’s Southern Strategy, it’s come back to bite the Republican establishment in its political butt.

The article, “Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy”, can be read at the following link:

Sleep in the Bed You Made: Donald Trump is the Logical Result of the GOP's 40-Year Racial Strategy :: Politics :: Features :: Paste

I for one am not inclined to contradict left wingers who want to insist it's all racism. They'll ride that pony right down the drain. Think of all the support that #blacklivesmatter has been able to get from whites.

*yawn* :coffeepap

Same ole' talking points. Nothing to see here folks.

Zzzzz.... Was that more "Trump BAD!!", "We hate Trump so you should too!!!" blathering I heard???

With all of the legitimate stuff to criticize Trump with, this is the best we get????

I don't know. If the absurdity, ignorance and insulting nature of playing the PC card for everything from terrorists, to SSM, to transgenders etc doesn't kill it, I wonder if that will. :confused:

Let not your heart be troubled. They are losing, and their desperation shows it.

Oh please tell us how Trump is a racist?

Well, it's either that or he's just someone who is perfectly happy catering to racists, which isn't much of a moral difference.

It's not like he accidentally said that he doesn't even know what "white supremacism" is.... (this was in the same exchange in which he claimed not to know who David Duke was)

Oh I had no intention of even commenting on this thread, but thanks to your question - I will.

Initially, I will start by saying that if he isn't a racist himself, then he has done a damn good job of disguising himself as one.

For starters, there's the fact the Justice Department sued his company - twice - for not renting to black people. But let's say you want to argue that was just his company and not him - then I direct you to the fact that he refused to disavow - three times in a row - the KKK. But maybe you believe a failure to act is not a sign of racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump spent time and effort researching whether Obama was born in America and allegedly his people were finding "stuff you wouldn't believe" and he still maintains that doubt, raising it as recently as late february. But perhaps, you don't believe that the birther movement was heavily steeped in racism, then I direct you to the fact that Trump re-tweeted an incredibly false and racist statistic about Black people. And there is also the fact that he encouraged his supporters to beat up a black lives matter protester and he called his supporters that beat up a homeless latino "passionate."

And I haven't even touched on his comments regarding Mexicans, Indians, or Jews.

But if you look at that entire post and still reach the conclusion that Trump is not racist (or pretending to be one at the very least), then I suppose I could chalk that up to confirmation bias. Confirmation Bias because it has been demonstrated that Trump's supporters are statistically more likely to have racist beliefs themselves when compared to the general population.

The only thing you mention that even remotely reaches the racism tag is the Justice Department suits. The rest of your post is just liberal crap and contains zero evidence of racism. Trump says stupid things, not racist things.

Well, it's either that or he's just someone who is perfectly happy catering to racists, which isn't much of a moral difference.

It's not like he accidentally said that he doesn't even know what "white supremacism" is.... (this was in the same exchange in which he claimed not to know who David Duke was)

That isn't evidence of racism. Dishonesty, pandering and stupidity almost certainly. Racism, no.

That isn't evidence of racism. Dishonesty, pandering and stupidity almost certainly. Racism, no.

Let me bold the portion of the post you obviously didn't read before expressing indignation:

The problem with analysis like this is that it ignores that people like Trump are gaining strength fast all over the world. The elite are losing their followers globally, it is not a phenomenon which is confined to the American R party.

Back
Top Bottom