• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump is being taken to Walter Reed hospital for COVID-19 treatment after doctor reveals he has fever and is on cocktail of Regeneron

Sherlock Holmes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative

President Donald Trump, who tested positive for coronavirus early Friday, is leaving the White House for Walter Reed Military Medical Center, it was revealed Friday evening.

He will remain there for a few days where the White House said he will be working while he undergoes tests.

I hope this includes an intelligence test.

Looks like there'll be no TV Address after all, what a relief.

Pretty obvious I think that the dude ain't handling this well, being hospitalized after one day speaks volumes, I doubt anyone there will put up with his bleach theories or mask BS, they'll probably tape it to his face.

I'm amazed at my own reaction. I want the man to learn a lesson and have no faith he will, but this is awful. This isn't how this should end.

You think they willlet him put his orange makeup on and get his hair done

Gasp...gasp...cough...gasp...wheeze...cough...

1601675808490.png

But have no fear, the bleach is here

1601676018635.png

I agree, its vital that he experiences losing the election.
Why does it matter?

If Trump dies, and that robot they call Mike Pence loses, it is just as much a repudiation of Trumpism as Trump losing.

The goal should not be exclusively for Trump to lose , but for everyone enabling his agenda in the Senate to lose with him.

McConnell's seat is a bigger prize than Trump.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Every smart liberal must pray that Trump does not die. He must be defeated politically in November. If he just dies now, he will leave behind a legacy of appalling tactics that many upcoming conservatives will want to emulate.

Ooh look, all of a sudden he's wearing a mask - I wonder what happened to change his mind?

1601679044738.png

Wearing a face mask and suit and walking normally, Trump gave reporters a thumbs-up and a short wave but did not stop to talk. He saluted a marine officer and patted a rail with his right hand on the walkway up to Marine One.

He was followed by chief of staff Mark Meadows and other staff – sharing the confined space of the helicopter despite Trump’s infection.

Ten minutes later, the president disembarked at the grounds of Walter Reed, saluted and climbed into a vehicle.

It was the most dramatic hospitalisation of a US president since Ronald Reagan survived a would-be assassin’s bullet outside a Washington hotel in 1981.

Dufus.

Every smart liberal must pray that Trump does not die. He must be defeated politically in November. If he just dies now, he will leave behind a legacy of appalling tactics that many upcoming conservatives will want to emulate.

I was thinking about that. In a political sense, it would be best for the country if Trump is soundly defeated without some sort of intervening illness that incapacitates him or kills him.

I was thinking about that. In a political sense, it would be best for the country if Trump is soundly defeated without some sort of intervening illness that incapacitates him or kills him.

He must be punished for his conduct and losing the election (as is now unavoidable) will be a huge punishment, it will also encourage those he has debased and abused that people such as him cannot escape defeat when they see him on trial for so many crimes.

Fact is Trump has gone to hospital today, because he can still walk, no way he'd want to be see being carried on a stretcher over the next couple days!

Why does it matter?

If Trump dies, and that robot they call Mike Pence loses, it is just as much a repudiation of Trumpism as Trump losing.

The goal should not be exclusively for Trump to lose , but for everyone enabling his agenda in the Senate to lose with him.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

The goal shouldn't be vengeance but people are weak.

The goal shouldn't be vengeance but people are weak.
If voting in other people is what youre calling "vengeance", that is stupid and an insult to italians everywhere

------------------------

Why does it matter?

------------------------

I disagree..

I think such loss will be blamed on Pence's personality and his inability to excite people (no robot can) .

By contrast, If Trump losses, the conservatives do not have such excuse to brrushh off a defeat. It is well known that Trump's character is appalling even to many conservatives but they say that they vote for him because of his political ability to push aggresively conserrvative politics. With Trump's defeat, it will be clear that the rejection is linked to not having enough people who support his policies.

Why does it matter?

------------------------

I suspect Pence could pull back voters whose Trump's crapulence rejected. Consider the hierarchy in decisionmaking in said voters: Biden or conservative.

Pence is lawful evil, not chaotic.

I suspect Pence could pull back voters whose Trump's crapulence rejected. Consider the hierarchy in decisionmaking in said voters: Biden or conservative.

Pence is lawful evil, not chaotic.

What was Mike Pence famous for before being vice president?

Pence scares Republicans who arent doomsday evangelicals.

------------------------

Why does it matter?

------------------------

As much as I dislike Pence, he is not the idiotic troll baiting clown that Trump is.

I disagree..

I think such loss will be blamed on Pence's personality and his inability to excite people (no robot can) .

By contrast, If Trump losses, the conservatives do not have such excuse to brrushh off a defeat. It is well known that Trump's character is appalling even to many conservatives but they say that they vote for him because of his political ability to push aggresively conserrvative politics. With Trump's defeat, it will be clear that the rejection is linked to not having enough people who support his policies.

Some housewives would disagree with your assertion that no robot can be exciting, but that is another topic. There werent enough people voting for Trump and the GOP in the 2016 either, and he still won. No matter what yokels in Butt****nowhere Louisomabama have told themselves about 2016, Trump didnt win the popular vote, because he didnt need to.

The game isnt who gets the most votes, it is who gets most of their players past the finishing line. 100 million people voting for a Democrat president, and not taking the Senate means Democrats are right back to where they were 4 years ago.

Your strategy is ignoring every piece on the chess board just to attack the king.

------------------------

It would be best, but I'd rather be CERTAIN he doesn't get another for years, and being physically incapacitated works for me. ( Not wishing death, don't put that on me, please ).

I hope this includes an intelligence test.

Looks like there'll be no TV Address after all, what a relief.

Pretty obvious I think that the dude ain't handling this well, being hospitalized after one day speaks volumes, I doubt anyone there will put up with his bleach theories or mask BS, they'll probably tape it to his face.

This dumb board censored the 'c o c k ' in cocktail in your headline, funny.

Back
Top Bottom