• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Prope

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' But Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff Says - ABC News
Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff

Donald Trump spoke in favor of gun rights at the National Rifle Association convention today, but security and staff at several of his prized hotels and golf courses told ABC News that guests are not allowed to carry guns there.

The Trump Organization, meanwhile, claims that’s not true.

“We strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and are against gun free zones. While laws vary substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, we allow security personnel and other licensed individuals the ability to carry a firearm in an effort to protect themselves, our guests, associates and the general public,” a spokesperson told ABC News by email.

There are “no restrictions on licensed individuals carrying in our hotels of golf clubs,” a Trump Organization official told ABC News.

However, staff at several Trump properties contradict the public relations department report…….Given Donald difficulty in being able to identify what the truth is……….

Until then...

I’ll believe the doorman and the Bellboy

Re: Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His P

Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' But Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff Says - ABC News
Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Properties, Staff

Donald Trump spoke in favor of gun rights at the National Rifle Association convention today, but security and staff at several of his prized hotels and golf courses told ABC News that guests are not allowed to carry guns there.

The Trump Organization, meanwhile, claims that’s not true.

“We strongly believe in the 2nd Amendment and are against gun free zones. While laws vary substantially from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, we allow security personnel and other licensed individuals the ability to carry a firearm in an effort to protect themselves, our guests, associates and the general public,” a spokesperson told ABC News by email.

There are “no restrictions on licensed individuals carrying in our hotels of golf clubs,” a Trump Organization official told ABC News.

However, staff at several Trump properties contradict the public relations department report…….Given Donald difficulty in being able to identify what the truth is……….

Until then...

I’ll believe the doorman and the Bellboy

you posted the exact same nonsense someplace else so I will respond with what I said there

so I guess you are claiming that us pro second amendment voters should vote for Cankles-the woman whose daughter brags that her mom will replace SCALIA with someone who will OVERTURN Heller

for a harridan who claims that British and Australian Gun confiscation schemes should be applied in the USA

for a woman who thinks gun makers should be subjected to frivolous law suits

Yeah, come to think of it I am going to vote for Trump due to the gun issue

Re: Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His P

Private property ownership rights trump personal rights to bear arms, at least on that property.

If I own a property I can set the rules. You don't have to rent from me, and you have a choice to leave your gun someplace else or don't visit. :shrug:

BTW, this doesn't interfere with the individual right to keep and bear arms. You can simply do it elsewhere other than on my property.

Last edited:

The same guy who had his line of clothing made in Mexico because he loves America.

:usflag2:

Private property ownership rights trump personal rights to bear arms, at least on that property.

If I own a property I can set the rules. You don't have to rent from me, and you have a choice to leave your gun someplace else or don't visit. :shrug:

BTW, this doesn't interfere with the individual right to keep and bear arms. You can simply do it elsewhere other than on my property.

All true, but it's hard to claim that you support the right of self defense when you deny that right on your property

All true, but it's hard to claim that you support the right of self defense when you deny that right on your property

Hardly, since it is MY property and therefore my right to defend it is part and parcel of my right to self-defense.

Your violation of my property rights places you in the wrong, since your rights end where mine begin. Remember you have a choice, accept my rules on my property or simply stay off of it.

When it is your property you make the rules and I can either accept them or stay off your property.

they're both saying whatever they think will get them elected. it's similar to what happens during every election, but the volume and gain have been significantly increased in this one, leading to distortion and feedback.

Hardly, since it is MY property and therefore my right to defend it is part and parcel of my right to self-defense.

Your violation of my property rights places you in the wrong, since your rights end where mine begin. Remember you have a choice, accept my rules on my property or simply stay off of it.

When it is your property you make the rules and I can either accept them or stay off your property.

We aren't talking about a single incident, we are talking about the general idea of the right to self defense. Yes you have every right to ban guns on your property however if you choose to do so and then claim you support the right of self defense, I will choose to exercise my 1st amendment rights to call you a lying hypocrite.

We aren't talking about a single incident, we are talking about the general idea of the right to self defense. Yes you have every right to ban guns on your property however if you choose to do so and then claim you support the right of self defense, I will choose to exercise my 1st amendment rights to call you a lying hypocrite.

Well you can certainly exercise that right to expression, as inappropriate as it may be...it does not make your point right though.

Your right to self-defense is not violated by my refusal to let you onto my property armed. You have a choice. You can say "fine, since I don't trust you enough to enter unarmed, I'll be moving along and not enter your property." You remain secure in your person, and I remain content in mine.

Strange that you would think a gun is the ONLY tool or method you have to defend yourself though. I have never personally owned a firearm. I feel fully capable of defending myself in close combat either with or without one. My right to self-defense is not dependent on the use of a firearm. That is merely one of many tools and options we have.

you posted the exact same nonsense someplace else so I will respond with what I said there

so I guess you are claiming that us pro second amendment voters should vote for Cankles-the woman whose daughter brags that her mom will replace SCALIA with someone who will OVERTURN Heller

for a harridan who claims that British and Australian Gun confiscation schemes should be applied in the USA

for a woman who thinks gun makers should be subjected to frivolous law suits

Yeah, come to think of it I am going to vote for Trump due to the gun issue

This just in: Single-issue voter endorses a monstrous candidate because the candidate pretends to say what he wants to hear. I think it's a sad state of affairs that for you any critique of Trump automatically becomes a discussion about how bad Hillary is. We know she's bad, that doesn't excuse the horrible **** that comes out of your candidate's mouth.

This just in: Single-issue voter endorses a monstrous candidate because the candidate pretends to say what he wants to hear. I think it's a sad state of affairs that for you any critique of Trump automatically becomes a discussion about how bad Hillary is. We know she's bad, that doesn't excuse the horrible **** that comes out of your candidate's mouth.

The bolded part is an unnecessary ad hom of the worst sort.

The underlined part is a false assumption. Pro-2nd Amendment supporters back Trump because the choice is between Hillary who is CLEARLY for gun control, and Trump who may be for gun rights. So better him on this issue than her.

You refuse to hear the divisiveness and hypocrisy of Hillary at the same time. I think most of us already know how bad Trump is.

It is really hard to tell what Trump really thinks because he keeps flip flopping so much.

It seems that Trump does not know what he himself believes.

This is unlike Romney however in that Romney had a clear track record of promoting and signing laws.

Even so, both Trump and Hillary are making campaign promises that they cannot keep.

Each of them would need their own party to control both House and Senate to pass any of this campaign rhetoric into law. And that won't happen.

You refuse to hear the divisiveness and hypocrisy of Hillary at the same time. I think most of us already know how bad Trump is.

Actually the opposite.

Hillary is the devil we know.

Donald is the devil we do not know.

Only question is are you more comfortable with Door #1 or Door #2 ??

^ This is the idiotic binary thinking patterns I'm talking about. I don't like Hillary either. If someone criticizes Hillary I don't dismiss their criticisms all together and start talking about how bad Trump is.

The bolded part is an unnecessary ad hom of the worst sort.

The underlined part is a false assumption. Pro-2nd Amendment supporters back Trump because the choice is between Hillary who is CLEARLY for gun control, and Trump who may be for gun rights. So better him on this issue than her.

Incorrect. Monster is a personal opinion shared by many Americans, and Trump has proven over and over and over again that he makes up things off the cuff and can never actually be pinned down on any given position. He'll make statements then a day later take the complete opposite position. How ****ed up is it to be a single issue voter and vote for someone you don't like but ambiguously supports the one issue you care about?

And if you set rules on your property that are the opposite of the rules you advocate for other pieces of property, in this case public property - you then are the worst sort of hypocrite - as Trump is in this case.

If Trump is elected, will he allow visitors to the White House carry guns?

Am not anti gun but I think he is just your typical politician saying whatever that particular audience wants to hear.

And if you set rules on your property that are the opposite of the rules you advocate for other pieces of property, in this case public property - you then are the worst sort of hypocrite - as Trump is in this case.

Really? Drawing distinctions between public and private property makes one a hypocrite? :lamo

Anything to **** up a 2nd Amendment thread, eh Haymarket? Tell us more, you who wants to confiscate OUR private property and violate our rights. You're worse than a hypocrite.

Really? Drawing distinctions between public and private property makes one a hypocrite? :lamo

Anything to **** up a 2nd Amendment thread, eh Haymarket? Tell us more, you who wants to confiscate OUR private property and violate our rights. You're worse than a hypocrite.

What makes Trump a hypocrite is that when he can... when he has the authority ... when he has the power - he opts to create gun free zones on his property.
He then advocates that when government has the power - its not right to do the exact same thing on public property.

And that is his hypocrisy.

His standard for guns should be the same - on his property and on public property.

I see the attack on me but where is the evidence to support your vitriol?

that is based on the silly assumption that Hilary is actually better.

She's a liar
a gun banner
an appeaser
among other things.

yes it is a choice among two crappy candidates: trump is LESS likely to screw me over than Hilary who is running on the platform of taxing me more, banning guns, and appointing more far left judges

WRONG!

"PUBLIC" property is shared, which means every member of the public has a right to use it.

"PRIVATE" property is personally owned, which means only the owner has a right to use it and all others are granted a privilege to do so by permission of that owner.

A third category is "GOVERNMENT" property. That is property which society has allocated to government for specific uses (prisons, courthouses, agency headquarters, etc.) and public access can be restricted by law to comply with that special usage.

Meanwhile, stop with the ad homs and address arguments or expect to be ignored in the future.

BTW, being ignored does not mean someone has won an argument. It simply means the other party no longer feels it is worth their time or effort to respond. :coffeepap:

Incorrect. Monster is a personal opinionshared by many Americans, and Trump has proven over and over and over again that he makes up things off the cuff and can never actually be pinned down on any given position. He'll make statements then a day later take the complete opposite position. How ****ed up is it to be a single issue voter and vote for someone you don't like but ambiguously supports the one issue you care about?

Everyone is entitled to their personal opinion. However, when used as an assertion of fact in support of an argument? It is invalid, as you well know.

This is the idiotic binary thinking patterns I'm talking about. I don't like Hillary either. ...How ****ed up is it to be a single issue voter and vote for someone you don't like but ambiguously supports the one issue you care about?

"Binary Thinking" is apropos when discussing what is essentially a two-party election process since it addresses the rationale's used to choose between the two candidates.

Sneering at a rationale as you do in that last sentence above is also an invalid argument. If a person is a "one-issue voter" then it would be expected of them to vote for the candidate that best expresses that issue.

In this case Hillary is an un-repentant opponent of gun rights. Whether or not Trump is being be truthful about his stance on that issue, in a choice between him and Hillary on this "one issue" it is better to take a chance with him than with her.

That is a reasonable conclusion for a "one-issue voter," regardless of your personal opinion about this choice.

Last edited:

The part being left out is the fact that Trump properties have enough armed security that mass shootings are almost impossible. The gun free zones he is referring to are where not even security guard are allowed to carry guns.

WRONG!

"PUBLIC" property is shared, which means every member of the public has a right to use it.

"PRIVATE" property is personally owned, which means only the owner has a right to use it and all others are granted a privilege to do so by permission of that owner.

A third category is "GOVERNMENT" property. That is property which society has allocated to government for specific uses (prisons, courthouses, agency headquarters, etc.) and public access can be restricted by law to comply with that special usage.

Nothing that you said there changes the reality that when Trump makes the rules - he decides NO GUNS. But for the country - he will chime in on the more guns the merrier bandwagon to suck up to and curry favor with the gun fanatics of the NRA.

And that is pure hypocrisy.

Meanwhile, stop with the ad homs and address arguments or expect to be ignored in the future.

BTW, being ignored does not mean someone has won an argument. It simply means the other party no longer feels it is worth their time or effort to respond.

My argument is based on the action of Trump and the reasonable conclusion one can make from the hypocrisy displayed in them.

Nothing that you said there changes the reality that when Trump makes the rules - he decides NO GUNS. But for the country - he will chime in on the more guns the merrier bandwagon to suck up to and curry favor with the gun fanatics of the NRA.

And that is pure hypocrisy.

You know very well that I am an ardent gun rights supporter, even though I don't own any myself. If you don't? Simply follow any of my posts in gun rights threads.

However (for the sake of argument since I don't actually do this), if I choose to forbid guns on my property for whatever reason that would not detract from my support of the overall issue. It simply means that as a personal preference I might not want them on MY property.

We all have a right to keep and bear arms. The root of this right is the right to self-defense. Self defense includes protection of yourself and your property. YOU do not have a right to access MY property. I can grant you this privilege and set such conditions as I see fit. You are free to choose not to access under such conditions, but attempting to do so thereafter would invoke my right to self-defense.

My friends, hopefully knowing of this preference would have options on how to respond to this requirement. They could refuse to visit me and instead invite me to their homes. They could visit me and leave their weapons in their cars for relative ease of access. They could end the friendship over the issue. Their right to keep arms has not been violated, only their right to bear arms has been limited by my property right rules. Meanwhile, in all other public areas and of course on their own property they can keep and bear arms.

How is this hypocrisy? :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom