• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His Prope

Re: Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His P

This just in: Single-issue voter endorses a monstrous candidate because the candidate pretends to say what he wants to hear. I think it's a sad state of affairs that for you any critique of Trump automatically becomes a discussion about how bad Hillary is. We know she's bad, that doesn't excuse the horrible **** that comes out of your candidate's mouth.

Isn't Trump running against Hillary? Or are you still feeling the Bern?

Re: Donald Trump Is Against 'Gun-Free Zones' but Guns Aren't Allowed on Many of His P

[emoji38] I think you're projecting, there, bud. The people who don't believe in much of anything are already on the Trump Train. ;). The only reason at this point for conservatives who continue to oppose him is because they believe in something.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Yes, they believe in the same old ****.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065890180 said:
Yes, they believe in the same old ****.
Conservatism? Yes. Unlike (it seems, sadly) some others, we actually meant it when we said we believed all that stuff 😉

Conservatism? Yes. Unlike (it seems, sadly) some others, we actually meant it when we said we believed all that stuff ��

I'm sure the conservative, or rather Republican, establishment fears losing control with a Trump presidency. Why else would they threaten to support Hillary. They would rather not have a R president and retain control of their little spot in life.

Like trump would say, "**** them."

The Times They Are a-changin'

It's hysterical how the democrat plantation is always full of obedient, never-ask-questions, mindless robots.

Enter Trump.

All of a sudden, the millions of seriously pissed off white guys who for decades have been neglected, lied to, called names, and ridiculed for their attachment to their jobs, families, the Bible and their guns are now required to account for every stupid and irrelevant detail about the guy whose only sin is that he says what those millions have been saying privately in hushed voices for fear of being called bigots and racists.

On their behalf: Liberals, go....

Μολὼν λαβέ;1065890638 said:
I'm sure the conservative, or rather Republican, establishment fears losing control with a Trump presidency. Why else would they threaten to support Hillary.

I don't know if you know who "Mitch McConnel", "Since Priebus", and "John Boehner" are, but the GOP RINO establishment has been rushing to get behind Trump. The only holdouts at this point are the actual ideological conservatives.

Perhaps for Trump and his supporters it's all about power, and therefore they assume it is for everyone else, but that is not the case.

The Times They Are a-changin'

True. If you'd have me in 2014 that the GOP nominee on 2016 would be a liberal Democrat, I would have laughed in your face.

True. If you'd have me in 2014 that the GOP nominee on 2016 would be a liberal Democrat, I would have laughed in your face.

I don't care if Trump is a liberal Democrat, a Nazi or a Muslim terrorist. I want that f****** wall!

I don't care if Trump is a liberal Democrat, a Nazi or a Muslim terrorist. I want that f****** wall!
This would be the "virtual wall"? Good luck with that. Entertainingly, putting Trump at the top of the GOP probably makes actually securing the border less likely. But this prioritization from you is not astonishing.

This would be the "virtual wall"? Good luck with that. Entertainingly, putting Trump at the top of the GOP probably makes actually securing the border less likely. But this prioritization from you is not astonishing.

you want to explain that claim?

Do you mean the virtual wall and Amnesty if Trump wins?

Or do you mean the fact that that issue is now tied to an incredibly unpopular name if he loses?

Ad coming to swing districts with heavy Hispanic minority presence in 2020: "GOP candidate Smith Smitheyson says he wants to attack immigrants on the border, but that was Donald Trump's plan [Cue to quick clip of Trump saying something stupid/insane] This November, tell America that we're tired of the same old racial bigotry. Say 'No' to Smith Smitheyson's Trump-Lite Agenda".​

The business-oriented sections of the GOP will rush to meet that by..... divorcing themselves as rapidly as possible from Trump's signature issue, splitting the GOP (again), and giving the win to the actual "open border" advocates.

You gain ground when you divide the opposition and have unified support. You lose ground when the opposition is unified and you are divided. Trump achieves the latter on this issue, regardless of whether he wins or loses.

Do you mean the virtual wall and Amnesty if Trump wins?

Or do you mean the fact that that issue is now tied to an incredibly unpopular name if he loses?

Ad coming to swing districts with heavy Hispanic minority presence in 2020: "GOP candidate Smith Smitheyson says he wants to attack immigrants on the border, but that was Donald Trump's plan [Cue to quick clip of Trump saying something stupid/insane] This November, tell America that we're tired of the same old racial bigotry. Say 'No' to Smith Smitheyson's Trump-Lite Agenda".​

The business-oriented sections of the GOP will rush to meet that by..... divorcing themselves as rapidly as possible from Trump's signature issue, splitting the GOP (again), and giving the win to the actual "open border" advocates.

You gain ground when you divide the opposition and have unified support. You lose ground when the opposition is unified and you are divided. Trump achieves the latter on this issue, regardless of whether he wins or loses.

This is the gun forum. I want you the explain why Hilary would be better for gun owners' rights than Trump

This is the gun forum. I want you the explain why Hilary would be better for gun owners' rights than Trump

Hm.

legalimmigrant said:
cpwill said:
TurtleDude said:

That is not what you asked for. We went through that question in Post 33. Your accusations against Hillary can also stand against Trump, whose sole piece to recommend him is that he claims now he's you-know-sorta-kinda-not-pro-gun-but-everything-is-a-suggestion-at-this-point.

The strength of the "Trump is better than Hillary on guns" arguments rests on the value of a semi-promise made by a serial liar in the middle of a campaign. Which is to say, worthless.

Hm.

That is not what you asked for. We went through that question in Post 33. Your accusations against Hillary can also stand against Trump, whose sole piece to recommend him is that he claims now he's you-know-sorta-kinda-not-pro-gun-but-everything-is-a-suggestion-at-this-point.

The strength of the "Trump is better than Hillary on guns" arguments rests on the value of a semi-promise made by a serial liar in the middle of a campaign. Which is to say, worthless.

we only have two realistic choices right now. the LB or Goofy Bernie on one side and Trump on the other

period

we only have two realistic choices right now. the LB or Goofy Bernie on one side and Trump on the other

period

No, we can choose whom we like. If you want to vote against gun rights, feel free to do so. But don't pretend you are doing anything else by appealing to the paean than the two anti-gun candidates are also the ones most likely to win.

Heck, if your priority is to vote for the winner, then switch from male-Hillary to female-Hillary - who currently still has a bit of an edge. I personally don't know what you hope to get from bandwagonning, but I hope it brings you peace :).

No, we can choose whom we like. If you want to vote against gun rights, feel free to do so. But don't pretend you are doing anything else by appealing to the paean than the two anti-gun candidates are also the ones most likely to win.

Heck, if your priority is to vote for the winner, then switch from male-Hillary to female-Hillary - who currently still has a bit of an edge. I personally don't know what you hope to get from bandwagonning, but I hope it brings you peace :).

you are spending a lot of time explaining why you are abdicating responsibility

you are spending a lot of time explaining why you are abdicating responsibility

:) you're going to a lot of mental effort to justify voting for someone who stands opposed to you on the topics you claim to value most.

I have no intention of abdicating responsibility - on the contrary, by not voting for candidates who would trash the Constitution, I am upholding my responsibility. Those abdicating their responsibility are (respectfully, imo) those putting party ahead of country or principle.

:) you're going to a lot of mental effort to justify voting for someone who stands opposed to you on the topics you claim to value most.

I have no intention of abdicating responsibility - on the contrary, by not voting for candidates who would trash the Constitution, I am upholding my responsibility. Those abdicating their responsibility are (respectfully, imo) those putting party ahead of country or principle.

Hilary has a 20+ track record of being a gun banner, a tax hiker and a warrior against most masculine values

Trump does not

Right and your gal is pure as the driven snow , wake up . :lamo

...and what was that suppose to mean? And what does that have to do with the subject?

Hilary has a 20+ track record of being a gun banner, a tax hiker and a warrior against most masculine values

Trump does not
....uh, Yes he does. He has consistently supported gun grabs and higher taxes.

[emoji38] Trump walked back that list the same day he issued it, and you think he's going to fight for it?

Both Hillary and Trump would be awful Presidents, and the country will blame their party for them. Trump in office discredits the GOP and Conservatism for a generation. We won't lose our gun rights in the next 4 years. But we will in a 20 year period of liberal dominance that a Trump Presidency will bring. We are already halfway screwed just by having him as the face of the party.

No, demographic transformation discredits "conservatism". California will never vote for another Republican because it's no longer a white state, not because of any voodoo magic.

I actually can't wait until the conservative commentariat to which you belong starts supporting full on open borders soon to win over Hispanics. It's going to be ****ing amusing.

Enjoy living in a country in which your kids are a minority, which will look like Brazil (in more ways than one).

....uh, Yes he does. He has consistently supported gun grabs and higher taxes.

not like Hildabeast who actually was a leader of the AWB movement

not like Hildabeast who actually was a leader of the AWB movement
So you've got a public supporter of the movement v a public supporter who was also First Lady at the time. Oh yes. That's quite a relevant difference indeed.

So you've got a public supporter of the movement v a public supporter who was also First Lady at the time. Oh yes. That's quite a relevant difference indeed.

has hilary ever disavowed gun bans

and remind me-which party has passed every single federal encroachment on our gun rights

every single one

has hilary ever disavowed gun bans

Serial Liar. Backed Obama's gun grab attempt in 2012.

and remind me-which party has passed every single federal encroachment on our gun rights

every single one

So, it comes down to "He's a gun grabber, but he's a Republican".

Why not just admit upfront that it's about the GOP, not the actual policies or principles? If it's the tribalism, then just lead with that.

Serial Liar. Backed Obama's gun grab attempt in 2012.

So, it comes down to "He's a gun grabber, but he's a Republican".

Why not just admit upfront that it's about the GOP, not the actual policies or principles? If it's the tribalism, then just lead with that.

So my position is Trump in the Whitehouse is better for gun owners than Hilary

You disagree. I don't think you will have much support for your opinion.

Back
Top Bottom