• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Gets Fact-Checked By Reporter Right To His Face, Walks Away

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Every reporter should have been doing stuff like this since day one. These reporters are proving what a cowardly con-man Trump is. I think this is all due to the results of the WH demanding reporters be nice to Trump, and reporters having none of it. Gloves are off. He thinks the media was mean to him before???? Just wait...

“Obama had a separation policy. We all had the same policy,” Trump said. “You did not have it, sir. No, you didn’t,” Reid fired back.

As Trump walked away, Reid said: “Sir, it was different. You decided to prosecute everyone at the border.”

Every reporter should have been doing stuff like this since day one. These reporters are proving what a cowardly con-man Trump is. I think this is all due to the results of the WH demanding reporters be nice to Trump, and reporters having none of it. Gloves are off. He thinks the media was mean to him before???? Just wait...

They are and have been.
But on point, are you sure Obama didn't separate kids from parents at the Southern border?

Whatever happened to a reporter reporting on what happened instead of being part of the story?

Whatever happened to a reporter reporting on what happened instead of being part of the story?

Is he not reporting on what happened? Trump said one thing happened, and the reporter fact checked him on what actually happened.

Good for Trump. He should of snubbed them long before now. I hope he continues to shut things down everytime tbey try to turn things into a debate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is he not reporting on what happened? Trump said one thing happened, and the reporter fact checked him on what actually happened.

Thereby becoming part of the story.

Reporters want their 15 minutes of fame these days.

Good for Trump. He should of snubbed them long before now. I hope he continues to shut things down everytime tbey try to turn things into a debate.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah! We can't have this, reporters asking politicians questions! I mean, why is that right? We need to all be well behaved zombies and simply accept every statement ever made and not challenge it. Ever.

This is North Korea we're posting from, right?

The reporter is an IDIOT...no one is being "prosecuted at the border".

But, of course, expecting the Lying Left to take note of his LIE, is like expecting pigs to stop rolling in their own ****.

And m as far as OBAMA...try the FACTS:

2014:

illigals kids in cages under Obama.jpg

Obama kids in cages.jpg

Thereby becoming part of the story.

Reporters want their 15 minutes of fame these days.

I suppose if you are interested in hearing lies, and living in a fantasy world, then your strategy is the correct one.

Personally, I don't want to. I would rather learn the truth, even if it goes against my beliefs.

I suppose if you are interested in hearing lies, and living in a fantasy world, then your strategy is the correct one.

Personally, I don't want to. I would rather learn the truth, even if it goes against my beliefs.

Then why aren't you slamming the reporter for the BLATANT LIES, both about Obama's policies, and people being "prosecuted at the border"?

Yeah! We can't have this, reporters asking politicians questions! I mean, why is that right? We need to all be well behaved zombies and simply accept every statement ever made and not challenge it. Ever.

This is North Korea we're posting from, right?

Well, Trump is Kim Jong Un's bottom boy, and the base cheers Trump on, so I suppose they do expect us to behave like North Koreans.

Notice the DP left FAILING TO ACKNOWLEDGE:

The reporter's BLATANT LIES, both about Obama's policies, and people being "prosecuted at the border"?

More like : " REPORTER MAKES IDIOT OF HIMSELF, PRESIDENT IGNORES THE LIES".

Last edited:
Some kids were briefly separated then reunited with their parents. Quite different from the harsh treatment under Trump.

https://www.politifact.com/punditfa...ald-trumps-separation-immigrant-families-was/

So they were separated under Obama.
Now the argument is over how much?

btw, articles like that one from Politifact would be more convincing if they didn't rely on Obama officials and immigration activists to help them form their FALSE conclusion. They do that kind of thing a lot over there at Politifact.

btw, articles like that one from Politifact would be more convincing if they didn't rely on Obama officials and immigration activists to help them form their FALSE conclusion. They do that kind of thing a lot over there at Politifact.

If you troubled yourself to do your own research you would find the difference is like night and day between the way migrants were treated under Obama and how they are treated now.

If you troubled yourself to do your own research you would find the difference is like night and day between the way migrants were treated under Obama and how they are treated now.

No doubt about that:

Obama administration placed children with human traffickers, report says

The Obama administration failed to protect thousands of Central American children who have flooded across the U.S. border since 2011, leaving them vulnerable to traffickers and to abuses at the hands of government-approved caretakers, a Senate investigation has found.

The Office of Refugee Resettlement, an agency of the Department of Health and Human Services, failed to do proper background checks of adults who claimed the children, allowed sponsors to take custody of multiple unrelated children, and regularly placed children in homes without visiting the locations, according to a 56-page investigative report released Thursday.

And once the children left federally funded shelters, the report said, the agency permitted their adult sponsors to prevent caseworkers from providing them post-release services.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...33a4d31bcc8_story.html?utm_term=.bd258c92f950
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah..the Obama Adm. was WONDERFUL FOR ILLEGALS' KIDS....

I swear, these guys deserve a dictatorship.

That's long dead. The eight years of sycophantic fawning over Obama and the vitriolic hate of Trump, show the MSM for what it has become.

You mean now they aren't simply being let go with a promise to come back for a hearing which 98% ignore? The fact that Trump is the first POTUS in decades to actually get serious about defending the border and stopping illegal immigration is what has the left in a lather.

Believe me, I know Obama's approach to illegal immigration.
And before I posted the comment, since I figured somebody might not believe me, my research started with looking for at least a somewhat neutral source since Politifact isn't noted for such things.
https://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/white-house/article213525764.html
The headline is "Yes, Obama separated families at the border, too".
Neither Obama nor Democrats created Trump's zero-tolerance policy, which calls for every illegal border crosser to be prosecuted and leads to their children being detained in separate facilities before being shipped to a shelter and eventually a sponsor family.
But Obama's policy helped create the road map of enforcement that Trump has been following — and building on.
Then what we have is what I said ...

Even the WAPO acknowledged that very thing with the requisite "But this is much worse" kind of disclaimer. There's always something that makes it different, isn't there?

Back
Top Bottom