• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump Forces G.O.P. to Choose Between Insularity and Outreach

Donc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Kinda looks like Trumps leading the Grand Old Party on the same path the Whigs took. But the modern day Whigs (AKA the republicans) have written another page to the play- book. Where the Olde Timey Whigs favored “modernization “the modern day Whigs(AKA the republicans) favor stagnation. :2wave:

<As Republicans stream into Cleveland to nominate Donald J. Trump for president, they confront a party divided and deeply imperiled by his racially divisive campaign. He has called for cracking down on Muslims and undocumented immigrants, stoked fears of crime and terrorism and repeatedly declared that the United States is in a war for its very survival.>

<With his diatribes against Islam, immigration from Mexico and economic competition from Asia, Mr. Trump has amassed dominant support from restive white voters. His political approach would have Republicans court working-class and rural whites, mainly in the South and Midwest, at the grievous cost of alienating minorities and women, who often decide presidential races.>

<House Speaker Paul D. Ryan predicted that the aftermath of the election would bring “a fight for the soul of our party,” and said Republicans would have to reject the politics of racial resentment, which he called “a loser.”>

<“Our job is not to preach to a shrinking choir; it’s to win converts,” said Mr. Ryan, who has endorsed Mr. Trump but criticizes his pronouncements with regularity.>

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/17/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-convention.html?_r=0

Why is there this overwhelming notion that we must always toss aside the interests of Whites males, in favor of the sensibilities of minority groups and women.
This is what creates Trumps.

It's as if the only thing that matters are these people and nothing else.

Kinda looks like Trumps leading the Grand Old Party on the same path the Whigs took. But the modern day Whigs (AKA the republicans) have written another page to the play- book. Where the Olde Timey Whigs favored “modernization “the modern day Whigs(AKA the republicans) favor stagnation. :2wave:

<As Republicans stream into Cleveland to nominate Donald J. Trump for president, they confront a party divided and deeply imperiled by his racially divisive campaign. He has called for cracking down on Muslims and undocumented immigrants, stoked fears of crime and terrorism and repeatedly declared that the United States is in a war for its very survival.>

<With his diatribes against Islam, immigration from Mexico and economic competition from Asia, Mr. Trump has amassed dominant support from restive white voters. His political approach would have Republicans court working-class and rural whites, mainly in the South and Midwest, at the grievous cost of alienating minorities and women, who often decide presidential races.>

<House Speaker Paul D. Ryan predicted that the aftermath of the election would bring “a fight for the soul of our party,” and said Republicans would have to reject the politics of racial resentment, which he called “a loser.”>

<“Our job is not to preach to a shrinking choir; it’s to win converts,” said Mr. Ryan, who has endorsed Mr. Trump but criticizes his pronouncements with regularity.>

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/17/us/politics/donald-trump-republican-convention.html?_r=0

1. Trump has not made any statement that equates to opposition to legal "immigration" from Mexico. All of his comments refer to illegal attempts by Mexican citizens to enter the country and remain here.

2. Trumps "diatribes" against Islam boil down to a valid concern about threats to our society posed by anti-American members of a religious belief system which advocates Jihad against our society. Jihad: Islam, A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.

3. Trumps concerns about economic competition from nations in the Far East who either develop, or allow foreign (including American) corporations to exploit, their citizens in literal sweat-shop labor for crap wages are valid. Outsourcing has proved a boon for corporate profiteering at the expense of American workers.

4. NONE of the above points he raises is "Racist;" they are properly identifiable as "Nationalist."

Last edited:
1. Trump has not made any statement that equates to opposition to legal "immigration" from Mexico. All of his comments refer to illegal attempts by Mexican citizens to enter the country and remain here.

2. Trumps "diatribes" against Islam boil down to a valid concern about threats to our society posed by anti-American members of a religious belief system which advocates Jihad against our society. Jihad: Islam, A Muslim holy war or spiritual struggle against infidels.

3. Trumps concerns about economic competition from nations in the Far East who either develop, or allow foreign (including American) corporations to exploit their citizens in literal sweat-shop labor for crap wages are valid. Outsourcing has proved a boon for corporate profiteering at the expense of American workers.

4. NONE of the above points he raises is "Racist,;" they are properly identifiable as "Nationalist."

Wrong, Mexican and Muslim are races. /s

No wonder these ********ers of the DC Elite Class (R Branch) always lose, always disappoint the ones who sent them....... they dont even know that you play each day by the rules of the day. You do what you can to get enough of todays voters on the bandwagon to carry THE FREAKING DAY before you spend mental energy on how tomorrow's politicians might or might not get tomorrow's voters.

ALL talk, NO doing, to paraphrase Trump.

:moon:

I am rapidly agreeing with critics that I have long been hearing that Ryan is an empty suit (They say), as are most every member of his class (I say).

SAVE US MISTER TRUMP!

Last edited:
Pence is a HOME RUN pick for Trump...WOW.....northern conservatives.... catholics... and can bring secession easily if needed

Why is there this overwhelming notion that we must always toss aside the interests of Whites males, in favor of the sensibilities of minority groups and women.

Don't you get it? White males don't matter, buddy.

They're all just CIS scumbags.

Don't you get it? White males don't matter, buddy.

They're all just CIS scumbags.

It's just crazy that this thought, that to care about interests of one group, you have to dismiss another group.
This year I've seen people who usually throw themselves at the feet of the working class, instantly turn on them because they're voting Trump, like it's a cancer to give a crap about working class White men.

Nah, he's just making them choose between courage and cowardice and right and wrong. Rinos are sissified pansies. They have been kissing demo-butt for so long that they are starting to show signs of liking it. WE are tired of it. If the Rinos don't come our way, they'll find themselves back home with no butts to kiss but their own.

This year I've seen people who usually throw themselves at the feet of the working class, instantly turn on them because they're voting Trump, like it's a cancer to give a crap about working class White men.

Huh, that kinda reminds me how a lot of SJW's rhetoric works. They always go "We need to listen to women and minorities", but when women and minorities disagree with them, they throw them under the bus.

Pence is a HOME RUN pick for Trump...WOW.....northern conservatives.... catholics... and can bring secession easily if needed

Not to mention White conservative anti- Rowe v Wade women and the kind of right wing credentials that will make all the sissified pansy Rinos realize that they have some hard choices to make. That's a tidy little euphemism for "party unity." Give Newt a bullwhip and we'll be on our way to being a country again.

3. Trumps concerns about economic competition from nations in the Far East who either develop, or allow foreign (including American) corporations to exploit, their citizens in literal sweat-shop labor for crap wages are valid. Outsourcing has proved a boon for corporate profiteering at the expense of American workers.

4. NONE of the above points he raises is "Racist;" they are properly identifiable as "Nationalist."

You're Trump's sock aren't you?

Oh sorry, I forgot:

TRIGGER WARNING!

No wonder these ********ers of the DC Elite Class (R Branch) always lose, always disappoint the ones who sent them....... they dont even know that you play each day by the rules of the day. You do what you can to get enough of todays voters on the bandwagon to carry THE FREAKING DAY before you spend mental energy on how tomorrow's politicians might or might not get tomorrow's voters.

I am rapidly agreeing with critics that I have long been hearing that Ryan is an empty suit (They say), as are most every member of his class (I say).

SAVE US MISTER TRUMP!

Just call me MR Pissy tonight.
:shoot

SAVE US MISTER TRUMP!

All hat, no horse.

You're Trump's sock aren't you?

I'm fairly certain that he's noticed, what a lot of others have noticed.
The media campaign against Trump and his supporters, has been nothing but hate filled, hyperbolic, slander.

It's abysmal and should be pointed out, regardless of if you support him or not.

I'm fairly certain that he's noticed, what a lot of others have noticed.
The media campaign against Trump and his supporters, has been nothing but hate filled, hyperbolic, slander.

It's abysmal and should be pointed out, regardless of if you support him or not.

Follow the MONEY with the media and one can see their bias for liberalism because their ratings brings them more money and they need tons of unwise people to be free to vote and make decisions so that they can be fooled to buy from their advertizers

The media works the system to bring high taxes on the more wise and harder to fool.... bring their money into the hands of the many unwise to get fooled easier by their advertisers

The MEDIA IS A MONEY RACKET!! always working that issue to help their money interests

I hope Trump gets to be leader, I don't doubt that he will be controlled, and is a worthless racist, but with him there is more chance it will be made public. Clinton, for whom it is hard to express my utter contempt and hatred, will gladly sell out, she and her partner did a LONG time ao.

Sadly the presidency without control of the issuance of money is a joke. Looks like that's about to be the same under new laws...

Every time Ryan speaks, I get this mental picture of him bent over in a prison shower holding a bar of soap.

Nobody is tossing aside the rights of white men, but white men is no longer the dominant group in the USA, white men make up around 31% of the US population and that means that 69% are either white females and Latino's, Blacks, Asians and Native Americans. Why would they get the right to get preferential treatment over the rest of the US population?

Nobody is tossing aside the rights of white men, but white men is no longer the dominant group in the USA, white men make up around 31% of the US population and that means that 69% are either white females and Latino's, Blacks, Asians and Native Americans. Why would they get the right to get preferential treatment over the rest of the US population?

That's a strawman.
I never said they needed preferential treatment.

If you read these articles attacking Trump supporters, they often have no problem maligning White males supporting him, saying things about the lack of education, inferring sexism and racism.
If you swapped genders and races, it wouldn't be tolerated.

SAVE US MISTER TRUMP!

I would beg all US voters:

SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE ORANGE MENACE.

Back
Top Bottom