• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump: Don't change abortion laws

minnie616

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Now Donald Trump says , "don't change abortion laws."

It seems to me like Trump has not thought the abortion issue out.

From CBS news

Update:Trump campaign communications manager Hope Hicks released a statement to CBS News late Friday clarifying the candidate's comments.

"Mr. Trump gave an accurate account of the law as it is today and made clear it must stay that way now --until he is President," Hicks said. "Then he will change the law through his judicial appointments and allow the states to protect the unborn. There is nothing new or different here."

Donald Trump said Friday that he believes the laws regulating abortion should stay as they are,
but he doesn't disagree with the proposition that abortion is murder.

The GOP front-runner lit a fresh controversy this week with his shifting responses to a question on abortion policy. He said during an MSNBC town hall on Tuesday that he'd like to see the practice banned, and that women who undergo it should face "some form of punishment." But he quickly backtracked, explaining in a statement that while he believes it should be banned, the punishment should be levied on abortion providers, not the women seeking abortions.

Read more:

Donald Trump: Don't change abortion laws - Election 2016 - CBS News

From CNN:

(CNN)Donald Trump on Friday appeared to again reverse his position on abortion, arguing that federal laws should not be changed to outlaw the procedure.

"At this moment the laws are set. And I think we have to leave it that way," Trump said Friday in an interview with CBS's John Dickerson on "Face the Nation." The full interview will air Sunday morning.

Donald Trump says federal laws should not be changed to outlaw abortion - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited:
Trump seems determined to make a mess of this issue.

It's clear by now that Trump hasn't thought much of anything out, and is only really grappling with the actual dialogue on the issues on the campaign trail.

Trump hasn't thought about any issue its just spews out stream of consciousness bs.

Exactly.
Yet, his supporters keep eating up the BS that flows from his lips, sort of like mushrooms.

Here's yet another Trump statement illustrated:

12809566_976175595763333_2001610103131519597_n.jpg

From CBS news

Read more:

Donald Trump: Don't change abortion laws - Election 2016 - CBS News

From CNN:

Donald Trump says federal laws should not be changed to outlaw abortion - CNNPolitics.com

If you have 2 1/2 minutes you might want to listen to what he really did say. ;)
Transcripts are fine, but the original has more depth. In this case it is pretty clear he doesn't want to rile people like you more than necessary. You see, actually he obviously was saying that the majorities were probably not there to ditch this type of murder at this time and the law would have to stay on the books for the moment.

Trump seems determined to make a mess of this issue.

Actually, if one listens to the video and not at the media, the bungle is not as bad as might be. Now don't get me wrong. I am not smitten with the idea of the guy being President. But this issue was handled okay on CBS, considering how touchy a subject it is for any candidate of the center looking to the conservative vote.

This is stupid. The abortion laws are already set, they are not changing no matter what any candidate says. It's time that everyone grew the hell up and got over it.

Exactly.
Yet, his supporters keep eating up the BS that flows from his lips, sort of like mushrooms.

Here's yet another Trump statement illustrated:

12809566_976175595763333_2001610103131519597_n.jpg

Just to point out - those were hippies, not people.

And, while this may be "iconic" or something, from a position of someone who hasn't seen it before, that photo looks rather staged. Everyone is just standing around, looking kinda "whatever" with the one female kneeling dramatically in the "Why God Why" pose. No blood around the victim, nor obvious exit wounds anywhere in the torso, head, or legs.

And that photo looks rather staged. Everyone is just standing around, looking kinda "whatever" with the one female kneeling dramatically in the "Why God Why" pose.

That's not staged at all, that was an ACTUAL event that happened during the Vietnam War protests.

That's not staged at all, that was an ACTUAL event that happened during the Vietnam War protests.

I know the Kent State shooting was. I'm just saying that picture seems kinda off.

I guess so. But maybe this was one of the 'caught right in the moment' photographs.

Perhaps. But I've had people open fire in my direction before. I don't recall ever reacting by standing around, looking normal. If this is "in the moment", then no one in the photograph seems to be aware of that fact.

Perhaps. But I've had people open fire in my direction before. I don't recall ever reacting by standing around, looking normal. If this is "in the moment", then no one in the photograph seems to be aware of that fact.
Maybe this photo was possibly after the initial event?

please tell me where the state has a right to tell a woman what to do with her body,
it should be between her and her GOD and family not the state and especially not the church,a 19 trillion dollar debt now that is an issue.

run don run

Maybe this photo was possibly after the initial event?

If that were the case, then there would have been time for the body to bleed, particularly if he'd been hit in the kind of vital organ or head injury that would cause death. People that have been shot or blown tend to be messy.

Which is why I say the photo appears off. With the exception of the girl in the "Why God Why" pose, the behavior of the people in the picture indicate that nothing particularly of note is happening, and the body doesn't appear to be a GSW victim.

It may be real - reality is weird sometimes - but at first glance it doesn't look like it.

And, while this may be "iconic" or something, from a position of someone who hasn't seen it before, that photo looks rather staged. Everyone is just standing around, looking kinda "whatever" with the one female kneeling dramatically in the "Why God Why" pose. No blood around the victim, nor obvious exit wounds anywhere in the torso, head, or legs.

Really? Are you serious?
Are you too young to remember when that happened?

Most were college students, not hippies.
Many were on their way going to or heading back from class.

The girl kneeling on the ground, screaming was 14 years old.
Most of the students were probably in total shock.
No one expected the National guards to open fine on a bunch of non violent teens who were protesting the Vietnam war.

Send your teen/young adult to college to find out that teen/ young adult was shot while going to or from class?
Every parents nightmare.

But to be told that the US National Guards randomly shot into a crowd of unarmed teens.
That's a nightmare that never should happened.

I will never forget that day.

So nobody died at Kent State?

please tell me where the state has a right to tell a woman what to do with her body,

It is found in the inherent rights of others. For example, the state has the right to tell my wife that she cannot use her body to operate a vehicle while intoxicated, or murder the neighbors in their sleep. The state has the right to protect others' Rights from our exercise of our own.

We even go a step further when we do things like criminalize methamphetamine and heroin; telling people what they can and cannot put into their bodies.

Maybe this is the return after running away? Where you find your friend dead on the ground?

One Guy is running up.

It is found in the inherent rights of others. For example, the state has the right to tell my wife that she cannot use her body to operate a vehicle while intoxicated, or murder the neighbors in their sleep. The state has the right to protect others' Rights from our exercise of our own.

We even go a step further when we do things like criminalize methamphetamine and heroin; telling people what they can and cannot put into their bodies.

What 'rights' is the State protecting by telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies.

Really? Are you serious?
Are you too young to remember when that happened?

Most were college students, not hippies.
Many were on their way going to or heading back from class.

The girl kneeling on the ground, screaming was 14 years old.
Most of the students were probably in total shock.
No one expected the National guards to open fine on a bunch of non violent teens who were protesting the Vietnam war.

Send your teen/young adult to college to find out that teen/ young adult was shot while going to or from class?
Every parents nightmare.

But to be told that the US National Guards randomly shot into a crowd of unarmed teens.
That's a nightmare that never should happened.

I will never forget that day.

You seem to be confusing the picture in the post with the event. No one is claiming Kent State didnt' happen. I'm pointing out that the picture itself looks off, and appears staged. Unarmed civilians and students who are getting shot at don't stand around looking normal. They run, screaming. Someone who has been shot up tends to bleed. :shrug: that's all.

What 'rights' is the State protecting by telling women what they can and can't do with their bodies.

The rights of the child. This is why this debate comes down to whether or not you consider an unborn human child to be... well, a human child, or not. If it is a child, then it possesses inalienable human rights, meaning that it cannot have it's life taken from it except in the most extreme of circumstances. If it isn't a human child, then we have more freedom to kill it (as we would an animal) without consequence.

Back
Top Bottom