• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump: Don't change abortion laws

Just to point out - those were hippies, not people.

And, while this may be "iconic" or something, from a position of someone who hasn't seen it before, that photo looks rather staged. Everyone is just standing around, looking kinda "whatever" with the one female kneeling dramatically in the "Why God Why" pose. No blood around the victim, nor obvious exit wounds anywhere in the torso, head, or legs.

As someone old enough to remember Kent State and the shooting there, I'd like to point out that the incident was quite real, and that the "hippies" were on the right side of the war protests.

But, by all means, let's elect Trump and bring the late '60s back in all their glory.

Maybe this is the return after running away? Where you find your friend dead on the ground?

One Guy is running up.

I don't see anyone running, certainly not running away. Everyone in the kill zone is just kinda standing there, while the people in the background have defilade.

If this is well after the shooting, and so there is no perceived danger, people are just milling about, etc., then I have to ask how someone can be shot in the vitals, in the head, or in critical arteries enough to drop them in their tracks, but not enough to cause them to bleed.

And again - I'm not saying it's a fake. I'm just saying it sorta looks like it is.

Exactly.
Yet, his supporters keep eating up the BS that flows from his lips, sort of like mushrooms.

Here's yet another Trump statement illustrated:

12809566_976175595763333_2001610103131519597_n.jpg

If Trump's minions resort to violence if he loses the nomination, there might be 4 more dead in O-hi-o. Live by the sword....

The rights of the child. This is why this debate comes down to whether or not you consider an unborn human child to be... well, a human child, or not. If it is a child, then it possesses inalienable human rights, meaning that it cannot have it's life taken from it except in the most extreme of circumstances. If it isn't a human child, then we have more freedom to kill it (as we would an animal) without consequence.

Which unfortunately comes down to cosmology, what our imaginary friends want.

As a person who believes in infinite potential lives for each soul, a position as supportable as yours, abortion isn't a big deal. They can come back somewhere else.

As someone old enough to remember Kent State and the shooting there, I'd like to point out that the incident was quite real, and that the "hippies" were on the right side of the war protests.

But, by all means, let's elect Trump and bring the late '60s back in all their glory.

The hippies were on the side of the North Vietnamese, who upon rolling through South Vietnam, instituted a mass-murder and "reeducation" program that included systematic ethnic cleansing of tribes that had worked with Americans. They were absolutely not on the right side of that conflict.

I don't see anyone running, certainly not running away. Everyone in the kill zone is just kinda standing there, while the people in the background have defilade.

If this is well after the shooting, and so there is no perceived danger, people are just milling about, etc., then I have to ask how someone can be shot in the vitals, in the head, or in critical arteries enough to drop them in their tracks, but not enough to cause them to bleed.

And again - I'm not saying it's a fake. I'm just saying it sorta looks like it is.

Maybe they just caved his skull in without breaking the skin.

And maybe he's just unconscious.

Which unfortunately comes down to cosmology, what our imaginary friends want.

.....no. It can be informed by ones' religious faith (mine is), but the declaration that independent human life is independent human life is fairly straightforward.

This is why Hillary's statement is pissing off the abortion lobby. She gave the unborn child personhood, instead of describing that unborn child as a thing.

As a person who believes in infinite potential lives for each soul, a position as supportable as yours, abortion isn't a big deal. They can come back somewhere else.

In that case, no murder, mass or otherwise, is all that big of a deal. The souls of the Kent State students can just swing around some other time.

The hippies were on the side of the North Vietnamese, who upon rolling through South Vietnam, instituted a mass-murder and "reeducation" program that included systematic ethnic cleansing of tribes that had worked with Americans. They were absolutely not on the right side of that conflict.

IIRC, they were against the conflict itself.

At least the ones I know were.

And didn't the Gulf of Tonkin incident never actually happen?

The Hippies were against the war, not pro-North Vietnam. They just didn't want America to continue to be involved in a unnecessary war than killed tons of people.

Maybe they just caved his skull in without breaking the skin.

Bullets do not cave in skulls without lots of blood. The human head is quite the bleeder.

And maybe he's just unconscious.

That's possible, I suppose. Tripped, fell, knocked out while running. If his vitals have been proven then it would make sense of everyone else just standing around - but its kind of a jerk move to leave him on his face like that.

Rather reduces the drama of the picture. "And here we see Johnny Jones, who fell and bumped his head at Kent State".

Lest we forget: Here are some of the "non human hippies" killed at Kent State:

kent_victims.jpg

and here is another picture of the event:

6.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Lest we forget. Kent State must never again happen in the US. The Vietnam War must never be repeated... oh wait. It already has, in Iraq.

No more unnecessary and limited wars! If we're going to war, it has to be for a clear an present danger to the nation, not for military adventurism or to fight some ideology we find offensive, or simply for power. If we do go to war, it must be the whole nation that is behind the war and victory the only option.

All, or nothing. The so called "hippies" were right.

The hippies were against the US taking sides in a civil war half a world away. They were against a war started on false information. The hippies were right. We needed more hippies in '03 to counter the PNAC and their rush to yet another war. If we elect Trump, we just might need the hippies yet again.

.....no. It can be informed by ones' religious faith (mine is), but the declaration that independent human life is independent human life is fairly straightforward.

This is why Hillary's statement is pissing off the abortion lobby. She gave the unborn child personhood, instead of describing that unborn child as a thing.

In that case, no murder, mass or otherwise, is all that big of a deal. The souls of the Kent State students can just swing around some other time.

Exactly. There may be some negative Karmic accumulation on some level, but ultimately inconsequential.

And an unborn child isn't an "independent" human life. It is utterly dependent.

And our military kills wanted children all the time. "Unintentionally" but still knowingly. They pay for the sins of their fathers. Don't see a big difference between that and abortion in the grand scheme of things.

The Hippies were against the war, not pro-North Vietnam.

Huh, that's an interesting claim.

Could you tell me whose name protesters are chanting in the last bit of this video? I understand it was quite popular with those hippies, but can't quite make it out.

Additionally, do you happen to know what country these pictures were taken in? I swear that lady looks familiar.

Fonda.jpg

You seem to be confusing the picture in the post with the event. No one is claiming Kent State didnt' happen. I'm pointing out that the picture itself looks off, and appears staged. Unarmed civilians and students who are getting shot at don't stand around looking normal. They run, screaming. Someone who has been shot up tends to bleed. :shrug: that's all.

I found an article where that photo and some of other photos appeared.

At least one of the photos was taken with a telephoto lens.
Also the photos are black and white , perhaps that adds to your perception that something was "off".
BTW:
The photo posted on DP did win a Pulitzer Prize.
This was done with a telephoto lens, which makes the trees seem closer than they really are.

May 4, 1970: The Kent State University shootings told through pictures (PHOTOS).

Bullets do not cave in skulls without lots of blood. The human head is quite the bleeder.

That's possible, I suppose. Tripped, fell, knocked out while running. If his vitals have been proven then it would make sense of everyone else just standing around - but its kind of a jerk move to leave him on his face like that.

Rather reduces the drama of the picture. "And here we see Johnny Jones, who fell and bumped his head at Kent State".

Believing that sort of total hogwash is what is likely to open the door for yet another Kent State. Those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it.

And electing Trump is the best way to see to it that history does repeat itself. He said so himself, "protesters carried out on a stretcher" is exactly what happened on that sad, sad day that must never be forgotten.

And I am not condoning the shooting, but in the case of the Kent State shooting (no idea if this particular photo is staged or not) the NG was pelted with rocks and bottles and thought they heard an order to shoot. The students certainly weren't just walking to class.

Was a military dependent at the time and one of my dad's duties was to creat a barrier between protesters and the main gate of the post ( Ft. Devens, Mass.)

The war was wrong, and even my father who was Green Beret in Vietnam and Cambodia now admits it was a colossal waste of treasure and lives. It took him decades to admit that as many lives of his fellow soldiers were sacrificed there and I think a piece of his soul. He still has nightmares. Was put under a while back for a colonscopy and was sure the Dr. was VC.

Last edited:
Exactly. There may be some negative Karmic accumulation on some level, but ultimately inconsequential.

So if I pick up and rape and murder a 7 year old girl on my way home from work today :shrug: no biggie. It's all cosmic.

My, what a worthwhile philosophy you have there. :roll: Somehow I suspect you would abandon it approximately half a second after it became obvious that you were going to be the victim.

And an unborn child isn't an "independent" human life. It is utterly dependent.

It is indeed an independent human life. It exists as such separately from whether or not it could survive without other humans (in all likelihood, you would fail that test as well).

And our military kills wanted children all the time. "Unintentionally" but still knowingly. They pay for the sins of their fathers. Don't see a big difference between that and abortion in the grand scheme of things.

Their fathers are the ones who kill them, by militarizing civilian positions.

Pretty sure there was fire hosing and billy clubbing before the shooting started.

Why are hippy lives worth less than an unborn child's?

Anyway, lets get back to bashing trump. Enemy of my enemy and all that. We can return to our disagreements after we avert THIS catastrophe.

The hippies were against the US taking sides in a civil war half a world away. They were against a war started on false information. The hippies were right. We needed more hippies in '03 to counter the PNAC and their rush to yet another war. If we elect Trump, we just might need the hippies yet again.

Not to support Trump but, in this regard, he seems bit less hawkish than Hillary "We came. We saw. He died.*evil cackle" Clinton.

Believing that sort of total hogwash is what is likely to open the door for yet another Kent State.

:shrug: which part is total hogwash? That bodies that are shot tend to bleed? That headshots tend to bleed (and spatter)? Or that, if the man laying down is staged instead of a killed victim, that it reduces the drama of the picture.

Those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it.

No, we are all generally doomed to repeat it, because human nature is a fairly solid, fallible thing.

And electing Trump is the best way to see to it that history does repeat itself. He said so himself, "protesters carried out on a stretcher" is exactly what happened on that sad, sad day that must never be forgotten.

:( Anti-War protesters learned that their actions had consequences, and that when you assault armed men, sometimes those armed men will assault you right back.

On my list of things to remember, that ranks pretty low. I'm fairly certain, in fact, that that lesson was somewhat obvious without having to learn it from history. I feel bad for the students who wanted no part of it, and who were just trying to walk to class, but if you want to start setting fires and attacking first responders and security personnel... :shrug: That's a fight you chose. I don't really feel any sympathy for BLM rioters who get put down while attacking civilians and police, and I don't really feel any sympathy for violent anti-war protesters.

Last edited:
Believing that sort of total hogwash is what is likely to open the door for yet another Kent State. Those who fail to understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Exactly!

Trump is pro-choice. I don't know why anyone is getting their feelings in a bunch about him on this topic. He's just throwing out random stuff in what he believes will play to a certain group of people.

So if I pick up and rape and murder a 7 year old girl on my way home from work today :shrug: no biggie. It's all cosmic.

My, what a worthwhile philosophy you have there. :roll: Somehow I suspect you would abandon it approximately half a second after it became obvious that you were going to be the victim.

It is indeed an independent human life. It exists as such separately from whether or not it could survive without other humans (in all likelihood, you would fail that test as well).

Their fathers are the ones who kill them, by militarizing civilian positions.

You really don't understand my cosmology. Its ultimately about experiences, positive and negative. Building souls with complete understanding of spacetime lives. Our reactions to things are the learning. Its the entirely new universe for every choice point for every participant that throws monotheists. (Even though omnipotence/omniscience makes such a construct completely plausible. No reason "god" couldn't make an infinite number of universes.

Its not as easy to wrap ones head around as yahweh's book.

I am also fully capable of taking my living from the earth, so no points there.

And I explicitly said they pay for the sins of their fathers.

Back
Top Bottom