• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump claims his Intel agencies never said what they said

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
We're officially in an alternate universe politically. Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you're told, don't believe your eyes. Believe only one, the supreme leader and dictator of the United States, Donald J. Trump. It doesn't matter that the testimony of the Dan Coates, Christopher Wray and Gina Haspel (each of who, he appointed by the way) was televised for all of us to see and listen to their dire warnings of the threats posed by China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran and that they could disrupt our electrical and telecommunications infrastructure. It doesn't matter what you heard or what you believe. Our intelligence chiefs testified under oath before Congress. He's asking us outright to believe him over them?

Is this protecting America, standing up for democracy and defending us against all enemies foreign and domestic? This is a dictator. This is an autocrat. This is not what a democracy is.

d43fb2c8-be72-4d35-b2a7-67e2a3cf09b4.png

6e4115ea-a790-4e58-b0f3-050accad324e.png

We're officially in an alternate universe politically. Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you're told, don't believe your eyes. Believe only one, the supreme leader and dictator of the United States, Donald J. Trump. It doesn't matter that the testimony of the Dan Coates, Christopher Wray and Gina Haspel (each of who, he appointed by the way) was televised for all of us to see and listen to their dire warnings of the threats posed by China, Russia, N. Korea and Iran and that they could disrupt our electrical and telecommunications infrastructure. It doesn't matter what you heard or what you believe. Our intelligence chiefs testified under oath before Congress. He's asking us outright to believe him over them?

Is this protecting America, standing up for democracy and defending us against all enemies foreign and domestic? This is a dictator. This is an autocrat. This is not what a democracy is.

What he said today to the questions from the press was just astounding. You can’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth. I think it is getting scarier.

What he said today to the questions from the press was just astounding. You can’t believe anything that comes out of his mouth. I think it is getting scarier.

I feel we've reached the point when it's basically us or them. Either they take it seriously that Trump is an existential threat to this country or they're all going to fall with him when he does and take us along with them into a dark abyss that there's no getting out of. At this point this is no longer a matter of sticking up for Trump simply because of pride or ignorance. The facts are staring us squarely in the face and if people refuse to reject this charlatan for the good of the preservation of this country, then this nation is on a direct path to learning a very catastrophic lesson.

Everyday Trump knows more than the Intel does. Amazing! The first president that has this gift.:roll:

I am at the point of not really knowing whether Trump is literally demented or whether he's not but he thinks his "base," the only people who may actually buy his claim about his intel chiefs' having been misquoted, are demented or just too goddamned ignorant, stupid or insouciant to know the intel chiefs weren't misquoted. I mean, really. The whole damn world can hear and see the intel chiefs' testimony and/or read the effing transcripts. Surely even Trumpkins read that much, even if the eponymous leader doesn't.

I feel we've reached the point when it's basically us or them. Either they take it seriously that Trump is an existential threat to this country or they're all going to fall with him when he does and take us along with them into a dark abyss that there's no getting out of. At this point this is no longer a matter of sticking up for Trump simply because of pride or ignorance. The facts are staring us squarely in the face and if people refuse to reject this charlatan for the good of the preservation of this country, then this nation is on a direct path to learning a very catastrophic lesson.

It is either us, the sane people of america, the ones who do still care a smidge about the rule of law, or the crazies who support trump and his lies and destruction of our whole democracy. This president is delusional and dangerous and if a person does not see that, it's because they don't want to see it. It is us or them. All the name calling and finger pointing and the Obama did this and Hillary did that bullcrap is nothing but a distraction from the screaming masses who fear change more than anything. We the people cannot let this part, the worst part of our humanity and dignity take over the country. We all thought last election was the most important ever. After two years of showing us nothing but siding with Putin about everything, it's our responsibility to vote this man out of office if he lasts to the end of his first term.

He suggests others read the complete testimony. He did not read it.

I am at the point of not really knowing whether Trump is literally demented or whether he's not but he thinks his "base," the only people who may actually buy his claim about his intel chiefs' having been misquoted, are demented or just too goddamned ignorant, stupid or insouciant to know the intel chiefs weren't misquoted. I mean, really. The whole damn world can hear and see the intel chiefs' testimony and/or read the effing transcripts. Surely even Trumpkins read that much, even if the eponymous leader doesn't.

I think it's "all of the above."

Yes. Some people are too godamn stupid, as you said. Other Trumkins aren't THAT stupid but they are okay with the lies because they know it pisses YOU off. They don't like you. Just knowing Trump gets under people's skin feeds their fire. So, painting with the broadest of brushes, it's mostly just the dumbasses or dickheads among us that want to piss on our legs and tell us it's raining.

Good news is, their number's are shrinking. Keep the faith.

Pres.Trump needs to be careful. He hasn't started draining the swamp yet. I believe when he wins the 2020 election. That in his second term, he will be able to get things done. His first term in office is a practicing term. It is for him to see who are with him and against him.

America is insulted more and more every day that Trump exist in our office of the Presidency. He's made America look bad in every way one can imagine. His desperation to deliver for Putin and the other nations who wash dirty money has made him a grave danger to the nation, its government and its people.

The man is WILLFULLY IGNORANT...

Pres.Trump needs to be careful. He hasn't started draining the swamp yet. I believe when he wins the 2020 election. That in his second term, he will be able to get things done. His first term in office is a practicing term. It is for him to see who are with him and against him.

Elected presidents aren't supposed to have a 'practicing term' then a 'real term'. Their supposed to be prepared and intelligent enough to rely on the experience and expertise of those in his administration. I'm a nurse and I can't even imagine making medication or other errors that endangered people's lives then getting excused because 'I was just practicing nursing'. There's very serious things that people do that they can't just call a 'do - over' with because it affects the life of many people. Presidents are people that get 'one first shot' and they better get it right because they won't get a second shot at it if they mess it up like he's doing.

Trump doesn't have to drain the swamp. Mueller is doing it for him.

It's gotten to the point that if Trump were to say the sun rose in the east I would feel the need to fact check him.

Wow! Finally a thread that points out the utterly outrageous behavior of Trump, and not a single conservative comes on to either defend this behavior or alternatively, b-bu-but Hillary! b-bu-but Obama!

Back
Top Bottom