• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump calls Rex Tillerson "dumb as a rock" in a tweet

So everybody who hires somebody who doesn't work out is dumb? I wonder how many managers that would make dumb? The President had nothing but nice things to say about Tillerson until Tillerson decided to make brownie points with the we-hate-Trump-more-than-plague disgusting leftist press. And if he didn't know that the President punches back when punched, he indeed might be dumb as a rock.

Punches back?...With idiotic rude comments?...You must be so proud

I'm listening to conservative radio right now...

One listener...

"I think president Trump is quite the genius...(he's using Twitter to manipulate)"

LOL

Sometimes an idiot is just an idiot. There's not 3-dimensional chess game being played. Trump is just a moron who says what's on his mind.

You can’t spend your entire life in a one dimensional view without reading and learning and then think you can lead a country. He was not prepared for this role and he has done nothing to improve on it. Just not capable of doing the job.

We knew that about the President before he was elected. To love him or hate him or anything in between those two extremes is anybody's right. But the fact is, right or wrong, if you accuse the President you better have specifics. If you punch him just to punch him, he will punch back. That has been his style as long as he has been the public sector. And anybody who voted for him had to know that.

Again, you're ignore thing substance of what Tillerson said. He doesn't read briefings. He believes stuff and most of the time nobody can convince him otherwise.

How can this be the leader of the United States?!

“It was challenging for me, coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil Corporation, to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined—doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things,“ Mr. Tillerson said, ”but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe, and you can try to convince me otherwise, but most of the time you’re not going to do that.’ ”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tillerson-says-he-and-trump-had-different-styles-values-1544212643

I applaud you for not ducking this thread.

But surely the problem is far greater than Twitter. The former Secretary of State said POTUS doesn't read and constantly asks people to do things that are illegal.

Trump was simply never qualified to be president.

Do you Trust Trump to make life and death decisions about your family and our country? I don't.

I didn't trust Hillary to make those decisions either.

With regard to reading and cheating...it's a political position, most elected officials do what their donors want them to do, illegal or not. That aspect doesn't change anything for me.

With regard to him not being qualified, the qualifications are that the president be a natural born citizen and over he age of 35. Trump was and is qualified.

We knew that about the President before he was elected. To love him or hate him or anything in between those two extremes is anybody's right. But the fact is, right or wrong, if you accuse the President you better have specifics. If you punch him just to punch him, he will punch back. That has been his style as long as he has been the public sector. And anybody who voted for him had to know that.

No Trump doesn't care about specifics he just wants to bully and "win." Rex Tillerson gave details and specifics about Trump wanting him to do illegal things and that he was conflicted about what was going on in the SD. When was the last time Trump gave details and specifics about things that weren't found to be completely wrong hours later?????

I don't. He's telling us who he is every time he Tweets. That's the real Donald Trump, an immoral, insecure, childish, ignorant, lying narcissist. Standing with this guy is the bargain the GOP made and what they defend when defending Trump. I'm glad this is out in the open.

With all due respect, the other choice was no better as far as being a liar and a cheat and a narcissist and all kinds of other crap. Trump was simply the candidate less likely to use the power of the office to obviate the Constitution.

If Tillerson is "dumb as a rock" then what about Heather Nauert who was chosen by Tillerson?

I didn't trust Hillary to make those decisions either.

With regard to reading and cheating...it's a political position, most elected officials do what their donors want them to do, illegal or not. That aspect doesn't change anything for me.

With regard to him not being qualified, the qualifications are that the president be a natural born citizen and over he age of 35. Trump was and is qualified.

trump is a brain dead idiot, a con man and a liar...Hopefully soon he'll be indicted and removed.....Then you can go blame Hillary

Having been in top management at one point in my career, I can honestly say I have not read every single staff report that crossed my desk. There just wasn't time enough in the day. I had staff I trusted to advise me if there was something that needed my attention or that I needed to know.

I more than once was counseled to not do something that was in fact illegal and I had a far sight fewer rules and regulations to comply with than a President does. If you think staff never advised President Obama and every other person to hold that office that something he proposed or considered would be illegal, you're living in a pipe dream.

I think all managers get conflicting information and sooner or later will make a decision one or more staffers, board members, or whatever consider the wrong choice. And some of those people will probably feel like management blew them off. Those closest to President Trump report that he gets LOTS of opinion and as much information as possible before making a decision. And nobody is afraid to tell him what they think even if it is contrary to the President's opinion.

If Tillerson had said that he disagreed with the President re something specific, the President would have shrugged and moved on. But Tillerson went out of his way to criticize and denigrate the President as a person. It was an unclassy and pretty reprehensible thing to do. The President doesn't take that lying down.

Would your staff say you don't like to read and you don't read memos? You're going out of your way to make excuses here. It's absurd to think that Tillerson means that Trump just didn't read EVERY briefing. Tillerson suggests that Trump didn't want to read ANY briefing and refused to take advice from people who did.

All of this fits perfectly with the reporting about how those who work with Trump feel about him and his competence.

Why can't you admit that Trump is incompetent?

With all due respect, the other choice was no better as far as being a liar and a cheat and a narcissist and all kinds of other crap. Trump was simply the candidate less likely to use the power of the office to obviate the Constitution.

That's fine, then you shouldn't have a problem with Trump telling us who he is every day. Be proud that he's representing the GOP I guess, and that he's molding the party to his image, these standards!

Tillerson now has every reason to run his mouth and tell the world everything he saw inside the administration, and eventually he will.
I agree that Tillerson will likely say more over time and maybe write a book too, but for now his measured words and tone are enough of a contrast to Trump’s infantile tantrums to prove his points.

That's how democracy works. The voters decide who is qualified.
EC voters, not the rest of the country.

Punches back?...With idiotic rude comments?...You must be so proud

No I wish he would choose his words more carefully. But I knew what he was when I voted for him. I didn't vote for him because I liked him or appreciated his style. I didn't. I voted for a vision that I could believe in as best for America. In that, he has not disappointed.

But then I'm not afflicted with perpetual hatred for anybody and I don't suffer from TDS.

Have a nice day.

I just don't understand how Trump still has supporters. Every intelligent person knows Trump is an idiot. Now we hear those who worked for him saying the same thing. This completely validates all the books written that claim those who work for him think he's a moron.

I just don't get how this is our reality. American voters are just this dumb and gullible. I can accept that some people were conned by a con man but by now the truth should be obvious.

Maybe this pic will explain the intelligence of Trump supporters.

TrumpSupporters1a.jpg

Attachments

• TrumpSupporters.jpg
    TrumpSupporters.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 34
Again, you're ignore thing substance of what Tillerson said. He doesn't read briefings. He believes stuff and most of the time nobody can convince him otherwise.

How can this be the leader of the United States?!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/tillerson-says-he-and-trump-had-different-styles-values-1544212643

Sorry but I am not afflicted with perpetual hatred for anybody, I don't ignore the context of somebody's post as you just did, and I don't suffer from TDS. So sue me.

And have a pleasant afternoon.

No Trump doesn't care about specifics he just wants to bully and "win." Rex Tillerson gave details and specifics about Trump wanting him to do illegal things and that he was conflicted about what was going on in the SD. When was the last time Trump gave details and specifics about things that weren't found to be completely wrong hours later?????

When you can support what you just posted go for it. Until then again have great afternoon.

That's fine, then you shouldn't have a problem with Trump telling us who he is every day. Be proud that he's representing the GOP I guess, and that he's molding the party to his image, these standards!

I think you're attributing more significance to Trump than I am. I don't believe that he represents me or the Republican party in anything more than an incredibly limited way. I don't think he really represents all Americans. He represents the Office of the President of the United States of America and that's about it.

The American people represent America. We do so every day we go to work, every day we travel to a foreign country and every day we express ourselves to the public as a whole. We all do that differently and in our own way. As long as we remain a free nation that's the way it will always be and THAT is why I voted for the guy. He doesn't represent me but he does represent the idea that you, me and everyone else in this country has the freedom to represent themselves as they see proper and good.

Would your staff say you don't like to read and you don't read memos? You're going out of your way to make excuses here. It's absurd to think that Tillerson means that Trump just didn't read EVERY briefing. Tillerson suggests that Trump didn't want to read ANY briefing and refused to take advice from people who did.

All of this fits perfectly with the reporting about how those who work with Trump feel about him and his competence.

Why can't you admit that Trump is incompetent?

I refer you to my earlier post to you. I would never say such things about a former employer. I would like to think I have more class than that. And again I wish you a great day.

Obviate vs obliterate, we were screwed either way.

LOL! Absolutely comedy gold!

Tillerson said a lot more than that bashing the President in that interview. And love it or hate it, if you take a swing at President Trump, he returns the punch. So be it. There is nothing in the Constitution or in any government protocol that says the President can't do that. I personally strongly wish he would word those kinds of things differently, but he is going to be Trump and if that is the worst anybody can come up with to fault him, he's doing better than most.

The difference is that Tillerson didn't 'bash' or sink to the level of name-calling. He states what he believed were facts. It's obvious that a man that held the position of CEO of ExxonMobil cannot hold such a position without a great deal of intelligence and diplomacy.

I think you're attributing more significance to Trump than I am. I don't believe that he represents me or the Republican party in anything more than an incredibly limited way. I don't think he really represents all Americans. He represents the Office of the President of the United States of America and that's about it.

The American people represent America. We do so every day we go to work, every day we travel to a foreign country and every day we express ourselves to the public as a whole. We all do that differently and in our own way. As long as we remain a free nation that's the way it will always be and THAT is why I voted for the guy. He doesn't represent me but he does represent the idea that you, me and everyone else in this country has the freedom to represent themselves as they see proper and good.

That's one main reason I felt confident in voting for him--he as the nominee respected me as a person and didn't insult me or my intelligence as ALL the others did. As did the former President.

But more importantly I trusted him more than anybody else to respect the judiciary for what it was intended to be rather than as an agent for social change. I trusted him to put America first and do what was right for America and defend and respect the Constitution in a way that we have not had for quite some time. I trusted him to step outside of the box and actually try to fix things instead of just giving them lip service and mostly maintaining the status quo.

And though I really REALLY wish he would word things differently and find some of his tweets and statements really cringeworthy, he has not disappointed me in any of the reasons I voted for him.

I refer you to my earlier post to you. I would never say such things about a former employer. I would like to think I have more class than that. And again I wish you a great day.

You're completely spinning away what Tillers said. Let me quote him for you:

“It was challenging for me, coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil Corporation, to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined—doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things,“ Mr. Tillerson said, ”but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe, and you can try to convince me otherwise, but most of the time you’re not going to do that.’ ”

1. a man who is pretty undisciplined

2. doesn’t read briefing reports

3. doesn’t like to get into the details

4. uninformed and opinionated

Would you hire someone like this to run your company?

if that is the worst anybody can come up with to fault him, he's doing better than most.

Hold on, wasn't Trump who picked

Tillerson?
McMaster?
Pruitt?
Flynn?
Spicer?
Priebus?
Scaramucci"
Bannon?
Price?
Omarosa?
Manafort?
Porter?
Cohen?

and then fired them?

If that is the worst anyone can come up with to fault him, he is not doing better than most, he is doing the worst anyone can do!

Back
Top Bottom