• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s Support Among Republican Women Starts to Slide

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/10/u...n-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

“For people like me, who are Republican but reasonable and still have our brains attached, it’s hard to see Trump as a reasonable, sane Republican,” said Dina Vela, a project manager in San Antonio who said she had always voted Republican and remained wary of Hillary Clinton. But to her own surprise, she has started visiting Mrs. Clinton’s campaign website and plans to vote for her.

Since the two parties held their nominating conventions, Mr. Trump’s lead over Mrs. Clinton with Republican women voters has declined by 13 percentage points, according to polls conducted by The New York Times and CBS News.

In late July, 72 percent of Republican women said they would vote for Mr. Trump, a healthy majority, but far below the level won by the past three Republican presidential nominees. In 2012, Mitt Romney won 93 percent of Republican women. In 2008, John McCain won 89 percent, and four years earlier, George W. Bush won 93 percent.

The Trump campaign just keeps on losing loyal Republicans.

Train loads leaving by he day
https://www.audioblocks.com/stock-audio/train-leaving-sound-effect.html

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo
The Rust Belt is going Dem, HRC is up in Florida.
2016 Presidential Election Polls: Clinton vs. Trump
Trump at one time had a narrow path to the WH. Seems like a rout is coming.

The New York Times - Breaking News, World News & Multimedia

Trump is in big trouble.

Big trouble.

But the American electorate has the attention span of a goldfish.

With one candidate being the most unfit, dangerous and downright pathetic excuse for a candidate in the history of the Republic.

And another with enough baggage and potential for more scandals... enough to sink an aircraft carrier who knows what could happen.

But the Trumpettes better take notice, for all their talk... if the election were held today and the current polling held true... This would be the result:

Attachments

• Electorally.jpg
    Electorally.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 93

In the latest Monmouth poll, Trump was 30 points behind Romney in support from college educated white women. You can't win an election like that.

I'm a loyal Republican. I would have supported any of the other 16 candidates. I will not vote for Trump. If I really wanted to vote for a liberal Democratic snake I could just have voted for Clinton. I don't need to do it with the added offense of a fake "R" next to his name.

For people like me, who are Republican but reasonable and still have our brains attached, it’s hard to see Trump as a reasonable, sane Republican

Well, for people like me, it's actually impossible to see Trump as a reasonable, sane Republican. Probably because he is none of these three things.

Honestly, this is to be expected.

Trump's whole campaign is basically "How many groups of people can I alienate from voting for me?"

Last edited:
I've really got to hand it to the GOP. I thought the last several years represented them at their worst.

Then, they have to go and nominate the ONE candidate that will actually cause me to vote this election. I'd have sat at home if it was a match-up between any of the two others. And the most absurd part of it is that a lot of people like me would readily vote for a more reasonable (aka, more centrist) Republican like Huntsman. But these days, those are "RINOs".

Oy!

I've really got to hand it to the GOP. I thought the last several years represented them at their worst.

Then, they have to go and nominate the ONE candidate that will actually cause me to vote this election. I'd have sat at home if it was a match-up between any of the two others. And the most absurd part of it is that a lot of people like me would readily vote for a more reasonable (aka, more centrist) Republican like Huntsman. But these days, those are "RINOs".

Oy!

The DC ELITE R Division did indeed melt down, where as the DC ELITE D Division decided to hold a coronation rather than an election.

SCREW EM ALL.

Say I.

....as does Hillary's support from union workers and anyone with a stitch of integrity.

Why is there always threads about what women as a group support in politics? Why is there never threads about what men think in politics unless it's something terrible? What's the deal with that?

Oh and btw, you can actually lose the woman vote and still win.

Last edited:
Why is there always threads about what women as a group support in politics? Why is there never threads about what men think in politics unless it's something terrible? What's the deal with that?

Oh and btw, you can actually lose the woman vote and still win.

Probably because politicians going out of their way to alienate men isn't statistically relevant.

This is favoring Clinton in the long run, since all it requires for the next three months is for both Trump and Clinton to stfu. Clinton has years of experience at shutting the **** up, whereas Trump is incapable.

This is favoring Clinton in the long run, since all it requires for the next three months is for both Trump and Clinton to stfu. Clinton has years of experience at shutting the **** up, whereas Trump is incapable.
I think Rumpster will start getting desperate. Then when the attack adds come out in force after Labor Day, and increasing up to and thru the debates, well could be a major Rumpster meltdown.
Republicans in major subsets are bailing.

In the latest Monmouth poll, Trump was 30 points behind Romney in support from college educated white women. You can't win an election like that.

I'm a loyal Republican. I would have supported any of the other 16 candidates. I will not vote for Trump. If I really wanted to vote for a liberal Democratic snake I could just have voted for Clinton. I don't need to do it with the added offense of a fake "R" next to his name.

For people like me, who are Republican but reasonable and still have our brains attached, it’s hard to see Trump as a reasonable, sane Republican

Well, for people like me, it's actually impossible to see Trump as a reasonable, sane Republican. Probably because he is none of these three things.

I'm a hard-core right winger, and could have voted for maybe half of the 16 other candidates, but T-Rump is bottom of the barrel.

I swear to whatever you may consider holy...I have no idea how he had the support of even republican women to begin with.

Probably because politicians going out of their way to alienate men isn't statistically relevant.

As I said, you can actually lose the woman vote and win. Basically the message that this crap sends is that winning the men vote doesn't matter and you can lose it at will, but you better pamper women because you can't afford to lose that. It's not even true, ffs.

Trump is in big trouble.

Big trouble.

But the American electorate has the attention span of a goldfish.

With one candidate being the most unfit, dangerous and downright pathetic excuse for a candidate in the history of the Republic.

And another with enough baggage and potential for more scandals... enough to sink an aircraft carrier who knows what could happen.

But the Trumpettes better take notice, for all their talk... if the election were held today and the current polling held true... This would be the result:

Well that's because the elections are rigged I'm told.

I said this about how the Democratic Convention should go down and now I think it's how Clinton should run the rest of the election... don't even mention Trump. Just put forth your plan and let him implode himself and she'd come out looking not only like a visionary by comparison but also like she's above the fray.

This won't happen of course because Hillary and her campaign crew are terrible for the most part. I'd bet they will try to just target Trump and instead of ignoring him and putting forth a message inspiring the "hope" vote she's going to target for the "fear-the-trump" vote, which of course there is no need for the latter... he's already doing that for her.

As I said, you can actually lose the woman vote and win. Basically the message that this crap sends is that winning the men vote doesn't matter and you can lose it at will, but you better pamper women because you can't afford to lose that. It's not even true, ffs.

Or maybe alienating the male vote just isn't a think political candidates do.

I said this about how the Democratic Convention should go down and now I think it's how Clinton should run the rest of the election... don't even mention Trump. Just put forth your plan and let him implode himself and she'd come out looking not only like a visionary by comparison but also like she's above the fray.

This won't happen of course because Hillary and her campaign crew are terrible for the most part. I'd bet they will try to just target Trump and instead of ignoring him and putting forth a message inspiring the "hope" vote she's going to target for the "fear-the-trump" vote, which of course there is no need for the latter... he's already doing that for her.
Hillary has done a good job of letting Trump twist in the wind since the DNC. She's letting Republican defectors and Trump's falling poll numbers and well placed TV attack ads do their good work. One Clinton ad playing in the Boston area for the New Hampshire market is the so called "Our Children Are Watching" ad that has kids at home watching Trump on TV as he throws F bombs and mimicks handicapped reporters and the like. Very effective.

She has begun to pivot in some important ways. In Florida she called on Congress to come back in session to vote on the Zika virus bill; a smart play for the woman vote in that battleground state. It also allows her to act presidential while Trump plays with his 2nd Amendment jokes. She will likely stumble as well but barring a major scandal, debate gaffe(s), or October surprise, Clinton is in the drivers seat. She shouldn't stop the anti-Trump attacks though lest she get complacent about her lead. Clinton has said many times that she expects a close election in November and her campaign reflects that concern.

You are certainly right about the "hopeful" messages and I expect they will come as Trump's steady decline into self parody accelerates. We'll see.

I'm curious, did George Bush Jr lose the woman vote? I suppose he did but I doubt that presidential candidates going forward can lose the woman's vote without amassing big majorities of male voters and higher than normal (for Republicans) minority votes. I don't see Trump doing that. Possible, maybe, but I don't see the path to victory with a mostly white male centric campaign.

53% of voters in 2012 were women. No, you actually can't afford to alienate women. Or men, because that's 47% of the voters. Make either group really pissed off, and you're in deep trouble.

you know this election by polls is getting out of hand .
i just got a call ,the young lady asked if i was a reg voter and then she asked for my birth date,when i told her she said i was over 50 yrs old and she could not poll me,i ask he why and she said that was their client's criteria to NOT poll anyone over 50.

now just how many polls are doing this,citing a poll without the poll's criteria ,ie: what was the sample,how did the sample split by party,what where the questions and how where they phrased and now what was the age breakdown.
this brings to lite the old phrase that rings as true today as the day it was uttered,YOU CAN MAKE A POLL,ANY POLL SAY ,WHAT YOU WANT.
give me a break

run don run

Don't forget Bernie Sanders.

Well Bernie's loss was definitely rigged, or certainly influenced by factors/people who were hell bent on him losing. But what I meant by that comment to Rob was that Trump is inevitably (when he loses) going to piss and moan and scream that elections are rigged. Something he wasn't doing when he was winning the primaries (without my help).

Well Bernie's loss was definitely rigged, or certainly influenced by factors/people who were hell bent on him losing. But what I meant by that comment to Rob was that Trump is inevitably (when he loses) going to piss and moan and scream that elections are rigged. Something he wasn't doing when he was winning the primaries (without my help).

That's because Trump's a sore loser.

Back
Top Bottom