• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Donald Trump?s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows - Washington Wire - WSJ

[FONT=&quot]“It wasn’t a surprise to anybody that he might get a little bit ahead of himself regarding to the number of articles that exist in the Constitution,” said Rep. Mark Sanford (R., S.C.), who wasn’t impressed with Mr. Trump in his visit. “There were a number of folks that looked at each other funny when he said ‘I’m for Article I, I’m for Article II, I’m for Article XII.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Other congressmen were more charitable. “He was just listing out numbers,” said Blake Farenthold (R., Texas), [/FONT]as quoted by Talking Points Memo[FONT=&quot]. “I think he was confusing Articles and Amendments. Remember, this guy doesn’t speak from a TelePrompter. He speaks from the heart.”[/FONT]

The Twelfth Amendment (Amendment XII) to the United States Constitution provides the procedure for electing thePresident and Vice President. It replaced the procedure provided in Article II, Section 1, Clause 3, by which the Electoral College originally functioned.

We have two options... either he doesn't know there aren't 12 articles.... or he really cares about protecting how we elect presidents.. This man is a buffoon.

Donald Trump?s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows - Washington Wire - WSJ

The Twelfth Amendment (Amendment XII) to the United States Constitution provides the procedure for electing thePresident and Vice President. It replaced the procedure provided in Article II, Section 1, Clause 3, by which the Electoral College originally functioned.

We have two options... either he doesn't know there aren't 12 articles.... or he really cares about protecting the electoral college. This man is a buffoon.

My guess is he somehow gained access to Obama's notes on how many states there are in the US and was following the same line of thinking.

My guess is he somehow gained access to Obama's notes on how many states there are in the US and was following the same line of thinking.
That must be different.

Touche' in a big way. Lololo!

Touche' in a big way. Lololo!

There's a difference between making a mistake while reading from your notes and being fatigued from 15 months of traveling while on the campaign trail and someone speaking off the top of their head. I've made similar mistakes while giving speeches, but yeah, 57 states is something the President should have easily corrected right on the spot.

At the time he said there were 57 Muslim majority countries. Coincidence or Freudian slip?

Congratulations on Trump being as smart as Obama then. Guess your big genius isn't one after all.

Last edited:
Everyone misspeaks from time to time, including Trump. But I honestly don't think that was the case here. I highly doubt the average American knows how many articles there are and I have yet to be convinced that Trump is smarter than the average American.

How about you watch it again and share with us exactly where he stated "57 Muslim majority countries".

I said it could have been a Freudian slip. There is no way of knowing what he meant, and asking a liar(Obama) doesn't count.

So the guy you are supporting is as bright as the guy you're opposing? Good job ocean, you've argued yourself into a corner.

Congratulations on Trump being as smart as Obama then. Guess your big genius isn't one after all.

Well, it would seem he has the same level of genius that put one person in the White House for 8 years, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Obviously, based on established standards, Trump is fully qualified.

We are so conditioned to hearing professional speakers reading prepared, tested speeches from teleprompters, we actually treat it as "normal" because we can't always see the teleprompter. With a teleprompter, the speaker is reading what someone else carefully wrote to avoid controversy, avoid being pinned down, avoid actually saying anything meaningful.

That poll tested speech is tested to include "what people what to hear", and has nothing to do with what the politician plans to deliver if elected.

The Donald sounds like I would if I had to give a speech on my own.

So the guy you are supporting is as bright as the guy you're opposing? Good job ocean, you've argued yourself into a corner.

No, I buried your argument.

Should I post video of the presumptive Democratic Party candidate making similar "statements"? Should I conclude anyone supporting that candidate understands she is just as bright as Trump?

Should I presume this "test" you thought clever has imploded under the weight of rational thinking?

I said it could have been a Freudian slip. There is no way of knowing what he meant, and asking a liar(Obama) doesn't count.

You also said

At the time he said there were 57 Muslim majority countries. Coincidence or Freudian slip?

Where did he say there were 57 Muslim Majority countries? You said it so back it up or alternatively you could always just admit you made it up.

You also said

Where did he say there were 57 Muslim Majority countries? You said it so back it up or alternatively you could always just admit you made it up.

I just explained it was a slip. What he might have meant doesn't include actually saying "Muslim Majority countries". Remember he said you could keep your insurance and doctor. Then came back and explained it away to his satisfaction. So he tends to say things he does not mean and expects to be believed after the lie.

A man as divisive and calculating could mean anything. And the fact that he could have been thinking of Islam is a real possibility, whether you like it or not.

No, I buried your argument.

I stated Trump either doesn't know what he is talking about or he is talking about probably the least contentious amendment in the entire constitution. Bringing up what Obama did years ago has nothing to do with that. Do you understand how debating works? :lol:

I stated Trump either doesn't know what he is talking about or he is talking about probably the least contentious amendment in the entire constitution. Bringing up what Obama did years ago has nothing to do with that. Do you understand how debating works? :lol:

LOL.

Why yes I do.

You created a thread with a premise you sought to promote. I countered with an appropriate response that I believe negated that premise. In this case, someone else who apparently doesn't know what they are talking about, but was elected to the same office Trump is seeking.

Do you know how debate works?

LOL.

Why yes I do.

Apparently not considering you brought something Obama said like 7 years ago in response to what Trump said now. What does Obama's 57 state comment have to do with Trump either not knowing how many articles there are in the constitution or trying to defend the least contentious amendment in the constitution?

You're welcome to start explaining whenever you want.

Apparently not considering you brought something Obama said like 7 years ago in response to what Trump said now. What does Obama's 57 state comment have to do with Trump either not knowing how many articles there are in the constitution or trying to defend the least contentious amendment in the constitution?

You're welcome to start explaining whenever you want.

Other people get it. I'm not responsible for your inability to join them.

Other people get it. I'm not responsible for your inability to join them.

You're unable to explain it and relying on appeals to the masses? Lol, ocean, I'm waiting for you to explain what one situation has to do with another. Or are we going to engage in your usual bandwidth wastage? :)

You're unable to explain it and relying on appeals to the masses? Lol, ocean, I'm waiting for you to explain what one situation has to do with another. Or are we going to engage in your usual bandwidth wastage? :)

I did explain it. I'm sorry you can't grasp it.

What I am trying to avoid is this waste of bandwidth you're propagating.

The reference to the masses was a hope you would question why they get it, and you don't. Perhaps then,you would be inspired to do something to discover why.

However, in the spirit of economizing bandwidth, this is the last I will comment on this tack you are attempting.

Have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom