• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Trump’s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows

I did explain it. I'm sorry you can't grasp it.

Not really. You posted a video that basically said 'Look! The guy I'm voting for is as stupid as this other guy!' - that's not much of an argument.

Not really. You posted a video that basically said 'Look! The guy I'm voting for is as stupid as this other guy!' - that's not much of an argument.

No, I posted a video that shows the current President is just as intelligent as the guy seeking the job. That is a great point, and a superior counter argument.

TTFN. :2wave:

No, I posted a video that shows the current President is just as intelligent as the guy seeking the job.

What does that have to do with what the other guy said though? You're struggling to articulate a coherent argument. It's sort of expected.

There's a difference between making a mistake while reading from your notes and being fatigued from 15 months of traveling while on the campaign trail and someone speaking off the top of their head. I've made similar mistakes while giving speeches, but yeah, 57 states is something the President should have easily corrected right on the spot.
Excuses there is no difference.

No, I posted a video that shows the current President is just as intelligent as the guy seeking the job. That is a great point, and a superior counter argument.

TTFN. :2wave:

Yep Obama has proven he doesn't understand the constitution as well.

Of course it's different. Isn't Trump the smartest person in America?

Say what you want about Trump, he didn't say Hillary is the most qualified person, man or woman, to ever run for POTUS.
Even as hyperbole that was hyperbolic.
What it was was damning with ludicrous praise ... the sister to damning with faint praise.

Donald Trump?s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows - Washington Wire - WSJ

The Twelfth Amendment (Amendment XII) to the United States Constitution provides the procedure for electing thePresident and Vice President. It replaced the procedure provided in Article II, Section 1, Clause 3, by which the Electoral College originally functioned.

We have two options... either he doesn't know there aren't 12 articles.... or he really cares about protecting how we elect presidents.. This man is a buffoon.

This is Trump reaching the bottom of the barrel. Talk about something nuts. Get back on TV! That's his entire business model and if he is already going The Constitution route EG Talk about anything in the Constitution. He is really flailing.

I said it could have been a Freudian slip. There is no way of knowing what he meant, and asking a liar(Obama) doesn't count.

Well he did say the US is one of the largest muslim countries in the world so you'd have to ask him about that too.
We'd have to crawl inside his head to see how sloppy his word choice is and why.

Donald Trump?s Pledge to Defend Article XII of Constitution Raises Eyebrows - Washington Wire - WSJ

The Twelfth Amendment (Amendment XII) to the United States Constitution provides the procedure for electing thePresident and Vice President. It replaced the procedure provided in Article II, Section 1, Clause 3, by which the Electoral College originally functioned.

We have two options... either he doesn't know there aren't 12 articles.... or he really cares about protecting how we elect presidents.. This man is a buffoon.

"And i enjoyed the 13th, 14th, and 22nd harry potter movies."

It is going to be awesome to see DJT's command of the facts in the upcoming debates with HRC. The press is not going to be sweet and gentle with Trump like in the GOP primaries.

It's going to be a jugular-letting of Trump. He better be praying to the two Corinthians to give him wisdom.

Maybe he doesn't know how many articles are contained in the Constitution. I will be honest. I don't know. I would be willing to bet that better than 95% of the public doesn't know either. So what? Do you think Obama knows? He should. He was a Constitutional professor. But what good is his knowing the number of articles if he turns around and ignores them? How about Hillary? Think she knows? How about Sanders? Think Biden knows? I don't.

Trump is a boob who basically says whatever comes into his head and probably shouldn't be president, but this comment of his is irrelevant.

It is going to be awesome to see DJT's command of the facts in the upcoming debates with HRC. The press is not going to be sweet and gentle with Trump like in the GOP primaries.

It's going to be a jugular-letting of Trump. He better be praying to the two Corinthians to give him wisdom.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Trump backs out of the debates altogether. Like her or not, Hillary has an amazing grasp of the facts that Trump simply cannot match. My guess is that he will do the first one but find a reason to ditch the last two. He will blame the media for treating him unfairly, claim he won the first debate and see no need to do any others.

Maybe he doesn't know how many articles are contained in the Constitution. I will be honest. I don't know. I would be willing to bet that better than 95% of the public doesn't know either. So what? Do you think Obama knows? He should. He was a Constitutional professor. But what good is his knowing the number of articles if he turns around and ignores them? How about Hillary? Think she knows? How about Sanders? Think Biden knows? I don't.

Trump is a boob who basically says whatever comes into his head and probably shouldn't be president, but this comment of his is irrelevant.

One becomes a boob by sustained boobage. This statement fits nicely into his binders full of ridiculousness.

It's a given that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's talking about but what is the value of a pledge from a man like Trump? About the same as a promise from Hillary Clinton.

You know, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if Trump backs out of the debates altogether. Like her or not, Hillary has an amazing grasp of the facts that Trump simply cannot match. My guess is that he will do the first one but find a reason to ditch the last two. He will blame the media for treating him unfairly, claim he won the first debate and see no need to do any others.

That would be political suicide. Unprecedented and basically announcing that Hillary is his better. Trump would have lower poll ratings than Congress.

It's a given that Donald Trump doesn't know what he's talking about but what is the value of a pledge from a man like Trump? About the same as a promise from Hillary Clinton.

What was the pledge again?

Well he did say the US is one of the largest muslim countries in the world so you'd have to ask him about that too.
We'd have to crawl inside his head to see how sloppy his word choice is and why.

Asking does not mean you will get a truthful answer from him. He has shot down his own creditibility many times.

That would be political suicide. Unprecedented and basically announcing that Hillary is his better. Trump would have lower poll ratings than Congress.

Perhaps, but her wiping the floor with him in a debate would achieve the same result. Trump speaks in platitudes and generalities. I don't think I have heard a single specific from him during the entire campaign. He could get away with that when he shared the stage with ten other people. One on one he will look unknowledgeable and unprepared--which he is. He might do better not debating at all rather than getting his clock cleaned.

Perhaps, but her wiping the floor with him in a debate would achieve the same result. Trump speaks in platitudes and generalities. I don't think I have heard a single specific from him during the entire campaign. He could get away with that when he shared the stage with ten other people. One on one he will look unknowledgeable and unprepared--which he is. He might do better not debating at all rather than getting his clock cleaned.

Trump's ego is too huge to concede. He would try to flip the script like he did with Cruz and Rubio, but Clinton is already practicing for that contingent. She'll have a half-dozen...."Senator, You are no Jack Kennedy" ready.

Watch the video.

And your Snopes link is just an opinion, substantiated by 0.

Actually, these are Obama's exact words:

"it is just wonderful to be back in Oregon, and over the last 15 months we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in fifty .... seven states? I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit but my staff would not justify it."

I didn't know that Alaska and Hawaii were Muslim nations. Perhaps you did? What does that say about you? LOL.

Say what you want about Trump, he didn't say Hillary is the most qualified person, man or woman, to ever run for POTUS.
Even as hyperbole that was hyperbolic.
What it was was damning with ludicrous praise ... the sister to damning with faint praise.

Greetings, bubba. :2wave:

I think it is extremely interesting that he chose Article XII to hone in on, since he's known for some time that the RNC leaders do not want him to have the job of POTUS! Could his attorneys have found a loophole or something? :shock:

Actually, these are Obama's exact words:

"it is just wonderful to be back in Oregon, and over the last 15 months we've traveled to every corner of the United States. I've now been in fifty .... seven states? I think one left to go. One left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit but my staff would not justify it."

I didn't know that Alaska and Hawaii were Muslim nations. Perhaps you did? What does that say about you? LOL.

I did not say they were. Can't you people read?

Well, it would seem he has the same level of genius that put one person in the White House for 8 years, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Obviously, based on established standards, Trump is fully qualified.

There you go then. For 8 years we've been hearing from the right that Obama was unqualified. Now you're willing to accept it. Because he's a Republican.

Back
Top Bottom