• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump’s Idea to Cut National Debt: Get Creditors to Accept Less

Americans are good when it comes to keeping social security. Thank god.

Well, I wouldn't really want to call it "borrowing." The government (fed+treasury) gives a bond to the private sector in exchange for numbers in an account, the government spends by marking down the account, and the private sector benefits with the new spending + the bond. Why anyone would want to reduce spending when growth is so pitiful is beyond me.

Thank you for demonstrating my point about the general willingness among American citizens to support self-destructive or even ludicrously fantastical economic claims, so long as those claims promise them a Free Lunch.

Thank you for demonstrating my point about the general willingness among American citizens to support self-destructive or even ludicrously fantastical economic claims, so long as those claims promise them a Free Lunch.

Self destructive? Dang, quit describing austerity.

Self destructive? Dang, quit describing austerity.

Well done, David, but you're supposed to also interject with "Winning!" and "Wall!" when using that depth of analysis.

Well done, David, but you're supposed to also interject with "Winning!" and "Wall!" when using that depth of analysis.

On par with your "analysis." Except the evidence is actually clear when describing the effects of austerity.

On par with your "analysis." Except the evidence is actually clear when describing the effects of austerity.

In The Future We're All Dead!!!

Back
Top Bottom