• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Donald Trump’s Ghostwriter Tells All

Well, none of this stuff about Hillary is attributed to him, or anyone, for that matter. So...?

What stuff about Hillary?
Attributed to whom?
Byrne?
He wrote a book in which Hillary figured prominently.

What stuff about Hillary?
Attributed to whom?
Byrne?
He wrote a book in which Hillary figured prominently.

You should try reading an exchange before jumping in on it, so you might know what the hell you're disagreeing with. I am not going to read the last half dozen posts Josie and I have exchanged for you. They're right there.

You should try reading an exchange before jumping in on it, so you might know what the hell you're disagreeing with. I am not going to read the last half dozen posts Josie and I have exchanged for you. They're right there.

I saw references to lesbianism, cosmetic surgery, being difficult person, etc..
I think I wasn't being unreasonable to ask what YOU were referring to.
You tell me what and I'll tell you what Byrne said he saw, if anything.

Broke writer tries to get paid gigs talking about Trump.

I see a lawsuit in his future. I seriously doubt he wrote anything official or authorized by and about Trump without a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which he probably just broke wide open. I know I would sue the hell out of him, and from what I've seen, Trump isn't afraid to utilize the protections of the law.

The guy is a pig. An ungrateful pig. If he thinks so ****ing bad about the man, he shouldn't have taken his money to write the man's book. Again, what an ungrateful pig.

But, maybe that's just me. And, to repeat for the umpteen time, I don't like Trump at all. But, what this guy is doing is unethical and just plain wrong.

Writers don't always have to work. They often, like Schwartz, collect royalties. Incidentally, with the Trump campaign pushing Art of The Deal, Schwartz has been collecting more royalties.

Good for him, it doesn't mean he knows Trump now, and even as a ghostwriter it doesn't mean he knows the real Trump from 20 years ago.

So does this mean we start believing all the rape allegations against Bill Clinton? Those have as much proof as this does.

I'm talking about Gary Byrne. He was a Uniformed Secret Service officer stationed outside the Oval Office. He testified in the Bill Clinton affair.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through his book, and all I can say is WOW! I'd bet money that he took time to make certain he was correct by putting everything in writing as it was happening, to protect himself and his wife and child, which makes his book very believable! He seems to be a man of honor, and the book is fascinating in its detail!

So - the people who believe that about Trump (which I do) ..... do you also believe this about Hillary?

Secret Service agents: Hillary is a nightmare to work with | New York Post

I've read that before, and right-wing DP'ers absolutely love to quote from it as if it is gospel. Personally, it would take more than the word of an anonymous and unethical ex-SS agent violating his professional obligations by slandering those he/she has sworn an oath to protect. SS agents are privy to the most personal, intimate details of the first family's life. The first family has no say in the matter, whether they enjoy the idea that even their private quarters are surrounded by people with earphones... and ears to go with them... or whether they consider it an unbearable invasion of their privacy.

Frankly, watching this kind of slander flung at the Clintons for 25 years, I've seen every possible incident blown into an international incident. I've seen Hillary blamed for everything from Vince Foster's murder to Bill being a lousy husband and a serial adulterer. Embassies have been attacked, bombed, ambassadors have been lost over the years, but only one Sectary of State has been repeatedly called a murderer, and held responsible for the death of those in attacked embassies.

It is a visceral hatred that has no boundaries, that welcomes exaggeration, fabrication, bold-faced lie, as long as all is directed at one specific target: Hillary Clinton.

It is a visceral hatred that would rather our country suffer the recklessness and disaster potential of Donald Trump, a man who has no respect for anyone but himself, no vision for anyone but himself, and no control over anything that spills from his childish brain out his uncontrollable mouth, regardless of consequence to others.

It is a visceral hatred that I can't even wrap my mind around, and if I ever felt this kind of visceral hatred in my heart, that heart would have lost it's reason to continue beating.

How....interesting.

The "ghost author", already a bit of a trick, says he knowingly lied in a book in which he would directly benefit, while criticizing the greed of the subject of the book.

...and, the New Yorker does its best to paint him hero blue.

There simply are no heroes anywhere in this story, everyone's corrupt.

I see a lawsuit in his future. I seriously doubt he wrote anything official or authorized by and about Trump without a Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which he probably just broke wide open. I know I would sue the hell out of him, and from what I've seen, Trump isn't afraid to utilize the protections of the law.

The guy is a pig. An ungrateful pig. If he thinks so ****ing bad about the man, he shouldn't have taken his money to write the man's book. Again, what an ungrateful pig.

But, maybe that's just me. And, to repeat for the umpteen time, I don't like Trump at all. But, what this guy is doing is unethical and just plain wrong.

Perhaps he is looking for the limelight?
Perhaps he will have his ass sued off, but if you have nothing, that ass ain't worth much.
Perhaps because he spent 18 months with Trump, knowing what was deleted from the book, what was not permitted to be printed, he took a stand?

Perhaps he is looking for the limelight?
Perhaps he will have his ass sued off, but if you have nothing, that ass ain't worth much.
Perhaps because he spent 18 months with Trump, knowing what was deleted from the book, what was not permitted to be printed, he took a stand?

Perhaps.

However, I'm pretty confident that he was required to sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with Trump that he's just broken - therefore, if he can't be trusted to keep his own promises, why should I believe that what he's saying is even accurate?

He's a pig. So is Trump in some ways, but this guy, is a pig. I wouldn't believe him if he said rain was wet.

There are two types of Trump lawsuits, the ones he threatens and never goes through with which is nearly all of them. The second is the ones he loses in humiliating fashion. He sued the guy that claimed he wasn't a billionaire and lost...

I saw references to lesbianism, cosmetic surgery, being difficult person, etc..
I think I wasn't being unreasonable to ask what YOU were referring to.
You tell me what and I'll tell you what Byrne said he saw, if anything.

Bubba, I haven't read the ghostwriter's book about Trump - I was posting about reading Byrne's book Crisis of Character which talks about the Clintons during their time in the White House. Apologies if I was mistakenly off-topic...

I'm afraid we just might.

I have faith that my fellow Americans will not elect a twitter-bait buffoon but rather choose a a more measured, emotionally stable policy wonk. And, yes, I notice the irony that the woman is the latter while the man acts like he is the one who needs meds.

Bubba, I haven't read the ghostwriter's book about Trump - I was posting about reading Byrne's book Crisis of Character which talks about the Clintons during their time in the White House. Apologies if I was mistakenly off-topic...

I knew what you were talking about.
That comment was for S & M, as you know, since she hadn't clarified what she was talking about.

I don't think Byrne ever got into the question of lesbianism or cosmetic surgery, for example.

But he surely made it clear from his observations that her marriage was not held together by mutual love.
She clocked Bill with a vase and it was pretty certain she enabled his behavior for her own purposes - which Byrne knew to be happening and had to be compelled to testify about.
That she could fling expletives at the Secret Service out of the public eye but when there were visitors she was gushing about them.
She has a wicked temper in private - totally different in public.
And was a world champion liar that, given the circumstances, he couldn't keep quite about.

I have faith that my fellow Americans will not elect a twitter-bait buffoon but rather choose a a more measured, emotionally stable policy wonk. And, yes, I notice the irony that the woman is the latter while the man acts like he is the one who needs meds.

I lost a lot of that faith when the Republicans chose him as their nominee.

So?

Schwartz of all people would know what Trump is really like (besides his family) since he had to write Trump's life story and in order to do that he had to get to know him as a person.

30 years ago.

Things change in 30 years like raising children and growing up.

Does one mans opinion weigh more than another?

Why believe one while dismissing the other?

Well, no. But the point I'm making here is that there is probably no "man" who ever gave this opinion in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom