• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Rumsfeld says he'll vote for Trump – 'It's not a close call!'

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
....as 9/11-era defense secretary says Hillary Clinton 'would probably be indicted' over emails if she were a soldier or sailor

He will vote for the Republicans' presumptive nominee because he's a 'known unknown' and Hillary Clinton is a 'known known'

He says Hillary Clinton isn't qualified to sit in the Oval Office, and 'would probably be indicted' over her emails if she were a junior military grunt.
Donald Rumsfeld says he'll vote for Trump ? 'It's not a close call!' | Daily Mail Online

....as 9/11-era defense secretary says Hillary Clinton 'would probably be indicted' over emails if she were a soldier or sailor

He will vote for the Republicans' presumptive nominee because he's a 'known unknown' and Hillary Clinton is a 'known known'

He says Hillary Clinton isn't qualified to sit in the Oval Office, and 'would probably be indicted' over her emails if she were a junior military grunt.
Donald Rumsfeld says he'll vote for Trump ? 'It's not a close call!' | Daily Mail Online

He's right. If it had been anyone that wasn't rich and politically powerful they'd have already been indicted. At the very least the government would have stated outright that they would be investigating the PERSON for possible law violations and not the "emails".

He is cerainly right that Clinton is less an unknown than a known incompetent, while Trump is a bet on God knows what.

He is cerainly right that Clinton is less an unknown than a known incompetent, while Trump is a bet on God knows what.

He said "Incompetent"? I did not notice that but I have been saying the same for years, very few people have agreed with me.

:congrats:

+1 Rummy!

Given Rummy's dismal record as DoD chief, his dismal failure to predict and counter the chaos after the fall of Saddam- his quote on the decent into chaos as -"democracy is messy" I'm amazed anyone would give a tinker's damn about his opinion on anything. About the only thing I'd give him a little bit of props for is, unlike Cheney, he kept his mouth shut- and now he blows that! :doh

Fact is we know enough about Trump to know we don't want him near the Oval Office unless he is part of a tour group... :peace

Given Rummy's dismal record as DoD chief, his dismal failure to predict and counter the chaos after the fall of Saddam- his quote on the decent into chaos as -"democracy is messy" I'm amazed anyone would give a tinker's damn about his opinion on anything. About the only thing I'd give him a little bit of props for is, unlike Cheney, he kept his mouth shut- and now he blows that! :doh

Fact is we know enough about Trump to know we don't want him near the Oval Office unless he is part of a tour group... :peace

WHAT?

He has WHAT? 45 years in DC, a lot of them as inside as inside gets.

Tune him out at your own expense.

Seriously.

WHAT? He has WHAT? 45 years in DC, a lot of them as inside as inside gets. Tune him out at your own expense. Seriously.

Seriously- given some claim Trump's popularity is due to fighting guys with decades of 'experience' inside the Beltway why would any Trumper hail Rummy's support???? :doh

Seriously- he was key to the EPIC fail in Iraq, a neocon who truly believed America could plant democracy in a desert...

Seriously- he ignored the advice of his Generals on how many troops would be needed to restore order once Saddam fell.

Seriously- he totally failed to plan for governance once Saddam fell.

Seriously- he thought Iraqis would be beholden to us and eager to do our bidding.

Seriously- he didn't understand or care about the social and religious divisions in Iraq...

I'll tune him out and can handle the 'expense' (I'll just forgo a second cup of coffee today) :peace

Seriously- given some claim Trump's popularity is due to fighting guys with decades of 'experience' inside the Beltway why would any Trumper hail Rummy's support???? :doh

Seriously- he was key to the EPIC fail in Iraq, a neocon who truly believed America could plant democracy in a desert...

Seriously- he ignored the advice of his Generals on how many troops would be needed to restore order once Saddam fell.

Seriously- he totally failed to plan for governance once Saddam fell.

Seriously- he thought Iraqis would be beholden to us and eager to do our bidding.

Seriously- he didn't understand or care about the social and religious divisions in Iraq...

I'll tune him out and can handle the 'expense' (I'll just forgo a second cup of coffee today) :peace

BIG difference between 45ish years of SERVICE and his tenor at DOD running a war ordered by the boss, and sold to the people by way fraud under orders from his boss, run with incompetence under.....you got it......his boss.

Just though I'd point that out.

BIG difference between 45ish years of SERVICE and his tenor at DOD running a war ordered by the boss, and sold to the people by way fraud under orders from his boss, run with incompetence under.....you got it......his boss.

Just though I'd point that out.

Waitaminnit.

Aren't you the guy who tells us all the time how the establishment doesn't know dick, and now a guy who is as much establishment as anyone else comes along pumping up your boy Trump, and all of a sudden his years of SERVICE* mean his word is sacrosanct?

Just thought I'd point that out.

* -- Donald Rumsfeld served three years in the United States Navy, which is honorable and I give him credit for it, but you're stretching to call his career 45 years of "service."

I personally don't care who Donald Rumsfeld plans on voting for. I'm relatively certain Rummy and I have almost never voted for the same presidential candidate in any election in which we've shared voting privileges, and I'm relatively certain my vote counts the same as his.

BIG difference between 45ish years of SERVICE and his tenor at DOD running a war ordered by the boss, and sold to the people by way fraud under orders from his boss, run with incompetence under.....you got it......his boss. Just though I'd point that out.

Again Trump rails against those with decades of 'service' inside the beltway... you keep ignoring that point.... :confused:

Rummy signed the neocon 'think tank' (and we must use the term think very loosely) paper about the seed planting. Far from an unwilling subordinate, Rummy was on board and pushing hard for Iraq and the seeding....

He was just as incompetent as BushII, he could have resigned rather than help sacrifice thousands of brave men and women after the fall. He was ignorant of the social and religious conditions in Iraq, thought little of Iran's ability to influence the Shia majority. Thought EVERYBODY wanted to be like us.

He was ignorant, arrogant, and ultimately very wrong, his opinion is worth about a half bucket of warm spit... :peace

Donald Rumsfeld endorsing Donald Trump...sounds like a sneaky way for Donald Rumsfeld to endorse Hillary Clinton.

Rummy voting for Trump (how shocking!) is about as newsworthy as a wet fart. He 'aint no E. F. Hutton.

if rummy said it you know it is wrong.

Wow, and here I was, fully expecting Rumsfeld to support Clinton. The world is just full of surprises today.

I'm literally quite shocked he'd vote for Trump over Clinton. Clinton is the right-wing warmonger in this election.

And Hillary did SOOO much better with Syria, Libya, Arab Spring, and Russia's Reset huh?

And Hillary did SOOO much better with Syria, Libya, Arab Spring, and Russia's Reset huh?

So BushII and the Neocons open Pandora's box but you want to blame SoS Clinton for the fallout??? So please tell us just what should the SoS done to 'halt' the hot mess BushII unleashed across the Arab/Muslim world??? :confused:

Russia's 'reset' was going on when BushII was in office or do you forget Ossettia and BushII standing 'firm' by our dear friends and allies in the former SSR Georgia? How about him saying he could see into Putin's heart and Putin was a good man??? Agree or not there is little we can do about Russia reestablishing it's buffer zone- just as Reagan and BushI invaded Central American states to 'protect' our national interests and 'democracy'...

The biggest difference is Rummy was on the team that CHOSE to go to war, kick over the ant hill and add thousands of young American names to plaques and walls on courthouse lawns across the Republic.

Clinton was on the team that got stuck cleaning up that mess, and while at it, the YUUUUGE financial mess BushII left for the nation...

Comparing DoD Rummy to SOS Clinton... Clinton by a mile... :peace

So BushII and the Neocons open Pandora's box but you want to blame SoS Clinton for the fallout??? So please tell us just what should the SoS done to 'halt' the hot mess BushII unleashed across the Arab/Muslim world??? :confused:

Russia's 'reset' was going on when BushII was in office or do you forget Ossettia and BushII standing 'firm' by our dear friends and allies in the former SSR Georgia? How about him saying he could see into Putin's heart and Putin was a good man??? Agree or not there is little we can do about Russia reestablishing it's buffer zone- just as Reagan and BushI invaded Central American states to 'protect' our national interests and 'democracy'...

The biggest difference is Rummy was on the team that CHOSE to go to war, kick over the ant hill and add thousands of young American names to plaques and walls on courthouse lawns across the Republic.

Clinton was on the team that got stuck cleaning up that mess, and while at it, the YUUUUGE financial mess BushII left for the nation...

I'm sorry, I forgot, EVERYTHING bad that has happened during Obama's terms in office is all due to Bush Jr. My mistake. Forgot the mantra. :roll: So if Hillary holds no responsibility for anything that happened while she was SoS...what the hell DID she do? Let me guess...anything that is positive? :roll:

Hillary is blameless?

Correct me if I am wrong, but very few people were against us going to war in Afghanistan after the twin towers were hit... but didn't Hillary herself vote on the the Iraq war? Might you remind me how she voted, please?

He said "Incompetent"? I did not notice that but I have been saying the same for years, very few people have agreed with me.

:congrats:

+1 Rummy!
Where would you put most on Rumsfeld's classic, "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know." as regards over-the-Hillary?

I place myself, and have also felt same as you for years... Hillary is a known known in the lying corruption incompetent category. But, as I often wonder why this is such a open mystery to others... is it more in the known unknowns do you think...or maybe, as individual and group mental illness has yet to be really that fully explored, there just might be some unknown unknowns thrown in there for good measure....? :mrgreen::lamo

Rumsfeld suggesting someone else be indicted. That's rich with irony.

Back
Top Bottom