• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Donald Duck discovers Glenn Beck

Loyal Glenn Beck listeners aren't bothered by the "get a job" remarks. Generally, it's the lazy, stupid, suck-from-the-nipple-of-government folks who get all pissy at that. And those people, generally, aren't conservatives or libertarians.
I think you are rationalizing and read too much into the storyline. The video is obviously a slam against Glenn Beck and his listeners/viewers. The video editor has put together other videos with a liberal slant in fact the audio of Beck came from Media Matters. This just shows how easily Beck's loyal fans are misled. But hey, I'm a piece of work. :lamo

Its weird how they thought Donald was liberal. Liberals don't listen to Glenn. Maybe the loss of face is simply to severe for them to face the satire.

I think you are rationalizing and read too much into the storyline. The video is obviously a slam against Glenn Beck and his listeners/viewers. The video editor has put together other videos with a liberal slant in fact the audio of Beck came from Media Matters. This just shows how easily Beck's loyal fans are misled. But hey, I'm a piece of work. :lamo

Yes, I am aware that it's SUPPOSED to be a slam on Glenn Beck and his listeners. It doesn't work quite right because of the reasons that I have already given. Generally, Glenn Beck listeners aren't angry at rich people who make more money than them. Generally, Glenn Beck listeners understand that not all rich people or authority figures are big, mean and greedy. Generally, Glenn Beck listeners wouldn't blow a hole in their house because they're angry at a guy on the radio.

Donald Duck is simply a moron. That's it. And, yes, he has a liberal mindset that the rich should be taken down and authority figures are just mean old men who don't care. I see nothing conservative about Donald Duck.

If DD blew up the radio (very violent, I might add) at the end, what does that make him now? How has he changed? He'll probably hear someone ELSE on the radio, listen to sound bites from him or her and start another paranoia all over again. I want to hear the rest of the story...

Its weird how they thought Donald was liberal. Liberals don't listen to Glenn. Maybe the loss of face is simply to severe for them to face the satire.

It's weird how they assume Donald is a conservative. Conservatives don't hate rich people or authority figures or spend their last penny on a radio program. Maybe the lack of insight is too difficult for them to understand in their own satire.

It's called rationalization. They accept everything he says. Beck is an authority figure and they follow him religiously.

It's called rationalization. They accept everything he says. Beck is an authority figure and they follow him religiously.

So, according to you, Donald Duck isn't a loyal Glenn Beck listener since he blew up the radio (again, very violent) at the end. Right? So what is he?

If DD blew up the radio (very violent, I might add) at the end, what does that make him now? How has he changed? He'll probably hear someone ELSE on the radio, listen to sound bites from him or her and start another paranoia all over again. I want to hear the rest of the story...
A stupid Glenn Beck listener who believes Glenn Beck's every word. Liberals don't typically become enthralled with personalities on the radio like those on the right do. The moral of the video is, don't listen to the freaks on the radio.

It's weird how they assume Donald is a conservative. Conservatives don't hate rich people or authority figures or spend their last penny on a radio program. Maybe the lack of insight is too difficult for them to understand in their own satire.

Conservatives dont hate wallstreet and aren't being shilled for gold? Twisting the worldview i see.

Exactly, he listens to Genn Beck!!!

Don't you get it? He listened to the mainstream media at the beginning and believed them. Then he listened to Glenn and believed him until he didn't like what he was saying anymore. He DOESN'T listen to Glenn anymore...did you not watch it until the end? This is the epitome of someone who just believes whatever he hears on TV or the radio until he gets mad. So what happens after he gets rid of Glenn Beck? What's the rest of the story? He'll probably go on to Ed Schultz and hang on his every word. Then he'll ditch him and go to someone else, then someone else, then someone else..... Get it? He's simply a moron.

Don't you get it? He listened to the mainstream media at the beginning and believed them. Then he listened to Glenn and believed him until he didn't like what he was saying anymore. He DOESN'T listen to Glenn anymore...did you not watch it until the end? This is the epitome of someone who just believes whatever he hears on TV or the radio until he gets mad. So what happens after he gets rid of Glenn Beck? What's the rest of the story? He'll probably go on to Ed Schultz and hang on his every word. Then he'll ditch him and go to someone else, then someone else, then someone else..... Get it? He's simply a moron.
I get it alright, you believe every stereotype Glenn Beck feeds you. i.e. Liberals don't hate rich people, many liberals are rich.

Someone got it :)

I believe the moral of the story is "look at the whole picture before you got bat crazy" or "think before you leap" or "violence isn't the answer" or "you may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have".

I believe the moral of the story is "look at the whole picture before you got bat crazy" or "think before you leap" or "violence isn't the answer" or "you may know what you need, but to get what you want better see that you keep what you have".

I think its don't listen to the freak on the radio. Any political commentator (left or right) is likely going to only be telling you half truths as fits their own beliefs and agenda.

I think its don't listen to the freak on the radio. Any political commentator (left or right) is likely going to only be telling you half truths as fits their own beliefs and agenda.

Do you really think that's good advice? I think you should listen to and read everything.

Do you really think that's good advice? I think you should listen to and read everything.

You are right, I should have added the word "solely" The ultimate thing is to think for one's self. However, I prefer to try to find information that is as factual as possible and minimizes interpretation. That way, you are providing your own viewpoint instead of having one provided to you.

Last edited:

Not advisable, most people arent capable of rationalizing and analysing like you may be able to.

Not advisable, most people arent capable of rationalizing and analysing like you may be able to.

Actually I think most people ARE able to rationalize and analyze like I do. Those that cannot most likely don't pay attention to ANY news except which celebrity is cheating, who won Dancing with the Stars or which "real" housewife has the most issues.

Rationalizing takes some philosophical education and source analysis skills which means education including a practice of said things. I have no faith that people can do that for themselves over emotional appeals.

Made the local news, neat stuff. Glenn Beck thinks hes a federally funded smear campaign.

Yeah that was well edited, that person has telent.. :) Wonder if "he's" working? :)

Tim-

I watched it again and here's what I think...

Donald Duck had a job, but got angry because he was working for a man who made more than him. While listening to news reports about how the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, DD gets himself fired because of his intense hatred for the rich guy he works for.

He tries to find work, but cannot. He gets a notice that his rent is 6 months overdue. His house goes into foreclosure (naturally the sheriff is portrayed as a big, mean, old man who doesn't care). He suddenly hears Glenn Beck on the radio asking "How many Marxists do you have around you on a daily basis?" DD looks outside and counts all of his buddies as Marxists. (However, that wasn't the point Glenn was making. DD is just too stupid to figure it out. He only hears that he wants to hear.)

DD goes completely bat crazy thinking there are Nazis coming to get him and that he's going to be killed (again, not understanding what Glenn is saying). DD hears everything that's wrong with the country from Glenn (ACORN, illegal immigration, Rev. Wright, etc.), but instead of standing up like a man .... erm .... duck .... and doing something about it, he boards up his door and hides from the world.

Suddenly he hears Glenn talk about the Insider Extreme and DD can't wait to find the money to sign up. When he does, Glenn calls him a lazy moron who needs to get a frickin' job. DD gets mad at Glenn and shoots the radio creating a ginormous hole in his house.

The End.

Donald Duck has a liberal mindset - always mad at people who make more than him or angry when someone criticizes him. So he stupidly got himself fired in an economy where jobs are hard to come by. If he would've just done his job correctly, his house wouldn't have been foreclosed on. So he suddenly hears Glenn's words and changes to being not only stupid, but paranoid since he only hears snippets of what Glenn says and not the whole picture. When he realizes that Glenn thinks he's a total lazy-ass moron, he gets mad AGAIN and blows a hole in his house.

Conclusion: Donald Duck is an idiot who could've had a paying job and a hole-less house if he'd have just kept his anger for rich people in check and realized it's the rich people that provide the jobs.

... did it occur at all during the writing of this that maybe you're overthinking it? :)

Yes, I am aware that it's SUPPOSED to be a slam on Glenn Beck and his listeners. It doesn't work quite right because of the reasons that I have already given. Generally, Glenn Beck listeners aren't angry at rich people who make more money than them. Generally, Glenn Beck listeners understand that not all rich people or authority figures are big, mean and greedy.
But Donald, like most right wingers got steaming mad at the headline "Obama bails out Wall Street" and "unemployment nears 10%", didn't he? In fact, right wingers are so angry at the bailout, they're purging the GOP of all conservatives who voted for the "bailout" and labeling them RINOs. Yet they refuse to blame the very people who caused the failed economy and the foreclosures, the bankers on Wall Street. That is very typical of rightwingers.

Donald Duck is simply a moron. That's it. And, yes, he has a liberal mindset that the rich should be taken down and authority figures are just mean old men who don't care. I see nothing conservative about Donald Duck.
Donald Duck was an avid listener and believed Glenn Beck and thats why he spent the last of his savings to buy Glenn Beck's contraption that claimed to have all the answers to the failing economy. Now compare Donald to the right wingers who empty out their 401ks to buy Beck's goldline coins because he claims they will hedge against inflation and the declining dollar. But after Donald gets and opens the box, the contraption punches him the face and blames him for his own predicament. Now compare that to the right wingers who find out the gold coins aren't worth half the value they paid for them and they no longer have a retirement fund.

The more Donald listened to Glenn Beck, the more paranoid he became and the more he blamed imaginary commies and everyone else but the bankers on Wall Street that caused the recession, that caused Donald to lose his job and then finally foreclosed on his house. That is very typical of a right winger.

Generally, Glenn Beck listeners wouldn't blow a hole in their house because they're angry at a guy on the radio.
Oh, you're probably right about GB listeners not blowing a hole in their house, because right wingers don't usually target property, they target people instead. "Second amendment remedies," remember?

No, the average rightwinger is not smarter than Donald Duck because Donald Duck finally wised up.

... did it occur at all during the writing of this that maybe you're overthinking it? :)

Yes. I tend to do that. :)

I sat through a performance of Wicked and made all sorts of connections to current events in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom