• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Don Lemon says riots have to stop

Even your "on the lighter side" posts are moronic hyperpartisan smears, and usually extremely ugly ones too.

I may be ugly on the outside but I'm beautiful on the inside!

Riots do need to stop. They have needed to stop as soon as they began. Very few Americans support rioting.

There is nothing wrong with peaceful protest. It is in a right. Americans do support peaceful protest. Black Lives Matter's peaceful protest and their message was destroyed by agents provocateurs and criminal opportunists, black and white. Unfortunately, peaceful protest has become synonymous with rioting. BLM has largely lost the initial effectiveness of its peaceful protests.
They were never peaceful protests. They have been violent riots from the start. The escalations have been largely predictable and ignored by the left when the warnings were made. Now that the left is realizing that its having a negative impact on voters, they want to pretend like progressives are the victims of a hijacked movement. SJW own these riots and political leaders on the left own these riots. They are theirs and everyone knows it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

No, this is their message. The founders of BLM describe themselves as "trained Marxists", and anywhere Marxism has existed, violence and destruction of private property soon follows. BLM definitely approves of private businesses being looted and then burned to the ground. The protesters and the rioters, looters, and arsonists are exactly the same people.

Stop with that stupid meme. BLM is not a marxist movement because a couple of it early founders claimed in 2015 that they were "trained by marxists". That is ridiculously false.

Black Lives Matter is not Marxist. Race baiters and privilege deniers have recently circulated an old video of BLM founders referring to themselves as “trained Marxists” as evidence of BLM’s communist intent. You can read for yourselves the purpose of the organization on its website. There is no Marxist sentiment, ideology, or plans.

To refer to Black Lives Matter as Marxist, and by inference to the millions of people who support the cause, is a slander that plays to the deepest fears in American society. “It’s the commies and they’re here to destroy America.” It is pure propaganda of the basest sort.

Black Lives Matter exists to ensure that Black lives matter. It exists to change the societal and political dynamic that for too long has diminished, terrorized, and taken Black lives. It is a threat to the status quo, not a threat to the Republic.

Black Lives Matter Is Not Marxist | The Newtown Bee

Peaceful protests were back when twump threw a fit about a peaceful protest. You guys are about to get the angry “leftists” you wanted.

Far as I can tell, when people tried doing peaceful things like taking a knee at a football game, that drew death threats from the Right.

All rioting is happening under the Trump administration so how is he the law & order president?

Stop with that stupid meme. BLM is not a marxist movement because a couple of it early founders claimed in 2015 that they were "trained by marxists". That is ridiculously false.

Black Lives Matter Is Not Marxist | The Newtown Bee

LOL, a letter to the editor of the Newtown Bee is your evidence?

I think their rampant destruction of private property and the words of the group's founders hold a bit more weight.

LOL, a letter to the editor of the Newtown Bee is your evidence?

I think their rampant destruction of private property and the words of the group's founders hold a bit more weight.

Do you have anything that rebuts what they wrote...of course not. Most of the "rampant destruction" was done by white supremacists who were empowered by the likes of you and Trump. They are the one that use violence and hate as weapons. They are the ones we need to fear.

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police - ABC News

White supremacist Telegram channel encourages violence in George Floyd protests - Business Insider

Authorities suspect white supremacists and far-left extremists are behind violence at protests - CBS News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/29/umbrella-man-white-supremacist-minneapolis/

Do you have anything that rebuts what they wrote...of course not. Most of the "rampant destruction" was done by white supremacists who were empowered by the likes of you and Trump. They are the one that use violence and hate as weapons. They are the ones we need to fear.

Man who helped ignite George Floyd riots identified as white supremacist: Police - ABC News

White supremacist Telegram channel encourages violence in George Floyd protests - Business Insider

Authorities suspect white supremacists and far-left extremists are behind violence at protests - CBS News

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/07/29/umbrella-man-white-supremacist-minneapolis/

When Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms told the rioters to go home and stop burning down their own house in anger, did she get praise from anyone on the Trump Right?

Nope, here is what she got:

Keisha Lance Bottoms STFU nigger.jpg

We are "SO GRATEFUL!" for all the help and guidance we've been getting from all of you in Trumplandia, but in all honesty I really don't see that you're here to do anything except tear down and destroy, and in the process, attempt to legitimize even more white supremacy.

/••\/••\/••\/••\/••\

They were never peaceful protests. They have been violent riots from the start.

Proof?

The escalations have been largely predictable and ignored by the left when the warnings were made. Now that the left is realizing that its having a negative impact on voters, they want to pretend like progressives are the victims of a hijacked movement.

You either are not able to determine the difference between peaceful protesters exercising their right of free speech and agents provocateurs and criminals.

If you are stating the above as fact you need to back it up with proof. The "left" is no more monolithic than the "right". Unless you have copies of memos distributed from "The Left" to "Members of the Left" your opinion cannot be accepted as factual.

Your opinion is your opinion and I certainly support your right to have them. When you present your opinions are facts I'm going to ask you to step up and prove them. I will not accept "facts" you cannot or will not prove.

SJW own these riots and political leaders on the left own these riots. They are theirs and everyone knows it.

Proof?

Proof?

You either are not able to determine the difference between peaceful protesters exercising their right of free speech and agents provocateurs and criminals.

If you are stating the above as fact you need to back it up with proof. The "left" is no more monolithic than the "right". Unless you have copies of memos distributed from "The Left" to "Members of the Left" your opinion cannot be accepted as factual.

Your opinion is your opinion and I certainly support your right to have them. When you present your opinions are facts I'm going to ask you to step up and prove them. I will not accept "facts" you cannot or will not prove.

Proof?
Completely fair challenge by you.
My proof is documented in the news.
People did not simply collectively march and demonstrate when floyd was murdered. Arguably even the most benign of them did not lawfully obtain permits but I can overlook that. What cant be overlooked is all the destruction and damage in their wake. They were unlawfully destroying both public and private property. They were assaulting people. They were defying lawful orders. None of that fits the definition of peaceful assembly and even the concept of peaceful assemblige is problematic when many of those cities declared assemblies of that size unlawful during this pandemic. Imho their actions from the very beginning fit the definition of a riot and it is why if you check my posting history you will see i have been mockingly calling them peaceful riots.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Far as I can tell, when people tried doing peaceful things like taking a knee at a football game, that drew death threats from the Right.

Yep i remember that quite clear as day.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the epitome of conservative debate on DP ever since Trump took office.

tenor.gif

They seem to ignore the fact that these riots, all this civil unrest, is occurring under Trump's presidency.

Riots do need to stop. They have needed to stop as soon as they began. Very few Americans support rioting.

There is nothing wrong with peaceful protest. It is in a right. Americans do support peaceful protest. Black Lives Matter's peaceful protest and their message was destroyed by agents provocateurs and criminal opportunists, black and white. Unfortunately, peaceful protest has become synonymous with rioting. BLM has largely lost the initial effectiveness of its peaceful protests.

I would also add the perception is BLM = riots.

What should Trump's response be?

His response should NOT be to demonize everyone who did not support him, his response should NOT be to cast all cities with Democrat populations as terrorist, immoral, and undeserving of help. His response should NOT be to further divide America and stir up hostilities.
At this point, given his performance so far, I fully expect his response to be all that and more as typified by his performance on Night #4 of the RNC.

"The more chaos and anarchy and vandalism and violence reigns, the better it is for the very clear choice on who's best on public safety and law and order."

Kellyanne Conway DIRECT QUOTE

Thank you Kellyanne for proving that Trump actually wants MORE violence and unrest and will do anything he can to stir the pot some more.Putin playbook ENGAGED.

Last edited:
What should Trump's response be?

Maybe he could start by acknowledging the reality of systemic racism. He could also fire white nationalists in his own administration like Stephen Miller. He should have traveled to Minnesota and spoke about police brutality from Minneapolis. When a tragedy occurs, presidents usually travel to the site of the tragedy and speak about the tragedy. Maybe he should not have teargassed peacefully assembled protestors in Washington Square so that he could have a photo-op holding up a bible he has never read in front of a church he has never attended. Maybe he could drop the David Duke/George Wallace rhetoric about the invasion of the suburbs... During a time like this, a dumber version of George Wallace is not what you want in the White House.

if we had a leader who was good at speech, leadership and unity we wouldn't have to depend on news people to say it.

Its fascinating that all eyes turn to Biden to plea for peace, and that the conventional wisdom is that it hurts him if he doesn't because he isn't the president, Trump is. But people don't really see Trump as the leader of the country, just the leader of his bizarre faction. Not only do people see him as being incapable of urging calm, his words are likely to make things worse. And even if he was capable, he wouldn't, because he feels that the rioting aids his political chances. The question is - is that really true? Do voters, beyond his hardcore base of True Believers, really think that as the incumbent, he has no responsibility for dealing with the upheaval, for the pandemic, and for so many other things that, traditionally, voters turn to the president for leadership? And do they want to reward him for sitting on the sidelines, just throwing verbal fireballs?

No, this is their message. The founders of BLM describe themselves as "trained Marxists", and anywhere Marxism has existed, violence and destruction of private property soon follows. BLM definitely approves of private businesses being looted and then burned to the ground. The protesters and the rioters, looters, and arsonists are exactly the same people.

Ah, no ...... PolitiFact | Is Black Lives Matter a Marxist movement?

They are community organizers focused on grassroots, community political power; a worthy goal. One person in the group is a self-described Marxist. That does not make the group Marxist. Moreover, and actually more importantly, they are not a political group concerned with an economic philosophy; they are about social justice, particular in matters of race.

Your post then proceeded to apply a lot of hyperbole to the group based upon YOU labeling them as Marxist. One can have a Catholic member, but it does not make the group Catholic or a Catholic group. One can have someone trained by Marxists, but it does not make the group Marxist.

Please do a better job of educating yourself on such matters before posting as your post was fundamentally irresponsible.

Last edited:
Maybe he could start by acknowledging the reality of systemic racism. He could also fire white nationalists in his own administration like Stephen Miller. He should have traveled to Minnesota and spoke about police brutality from Minneapolis. When a tragedy occurs, presidents usually travel to the site of the tragedy and speak about the tragedy. Maybe he should not have teargassed peacefully assembled protestors in Washington Square so that he could have a photo-op holding up a bible he has never read in front of a church he has never attended. Maybe he could drop the David Duke/George Wallace rhetoric about the invasion of the suburbs... During a time like this, a dumber version of George Wallace is not what you want in the White House.

If he had done anything like the above, his reelection would be in the bag.

Ah, no ...... PolitiFact | Is Black Lives Matter a Marxist movement?

They are community organizers focused on grassroots, community political power; a worthy goal. One person in the group is a self-described Marxist. That does not make the group Marxist. Moreover, and actually more importantly, they are not a political group concerned with an economic philosophy; they are about social justice, particular in matters of race.

Your post then proceeded to apply a lot of hyperbole to the group based upon YOU labeling them as Marxist. What a waste of disk space!

Please do a better job of educating yourself on such matters before posting as your post was fundamentally irresponsible.

I've said it before, I don't give a damn if all the founders are marxist because the message is black lives matter, not black MARXIST lives matter.
And that message is four hundred years old, so it was around before BLM and if BLM fails to adapt to mainstream, that phrase will still be around a century after BLM disappears.

From your link:

Black Lives Matter has grown into a national anti-racism movement broadly supported by Americans, few of whom would identify themselves as Marxist.

This is total nonsense. The American people do not "broadly support" the violent BLM thugs currently destroying the cities and beating innocent people in the streets.

Furthermore, Politifact is left wing, and will say whatever conforms to the current narrative: PolitiFact Media Bias | AllSides

Back
Top Bottom