• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Dominion Sues MyPillow Guy

I think generally speaking billionaires were considered smart, at least in business. Trump broke that mold, bigly.

Not really, tump is not now or ever has been a billionaire...

We'll see.
There is no "we'll see" to this.
You claimed he is not responsible for confirming the conclusions made by others before repeating them.
That is categorically, black letter law WRONG.
The law does provide a little wiggle room/ a possible out to someone who has made slanderous or defamatory comments and that is they issue a prompt retraction. Particularly once advised by the offended party that the comments were false. Dominion did just that. Lindell doubled down and kept repeating the falsity.
At this point, he is playing chess with only a King and a Pawn, against an opponent with all their pieces still on the table. Not check mate yet. But it's coming.

Your understanding of the litigation process, and specifically the discovery process is- shall we say lacking. Let me give you a short version of how this will play out:
  • Lindell made rather outrageous claims against dominion;
  • they sent him a cease and desist letter advising: there is no basis for your comments, which are defamatory to our company. Immediately cease making these comments.
  • He, apparently well versed in smoking crack and marketing pillows, is not very versed on defamation claims, doubled down and kept making those claims.
  • Dominion will get discovery from him first, and they will depose him first. And the first line of inquiry will be : provide us EVERY basis for the claims you made publicly on dates x, y, z. And then what information you obtained AFTER we told you all your original claims were BS.
  • He will be able to produce nothing but gibberish.
  • Lindell will then ask for "everything" as you suggest.
  • Dominion will object, reminding the court that discovery is not a fishing expedition and that Lindell first has to demonstrate upon what basis the requested info is relevant because after all, he supposedly already had the evidence to support his dumb ass claims.
  • The judge will agree. Lindell will get very little. At most, he will get the information that directly disproves the claims he made.
  • Dominion will then moves for Summary Judgment and will win.
Game over.

But keep in mind, Dominion isn't just suing Lindell but also MyPillow the corporation....

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 9.25.06 AM.png

Catch 22 then. He is reporting only what others have determined. I don't believe that is against any law. You don't have to confirm what someone told you. Otherwise it would be a field day for suits.
It's not enough to have heard something. If you want to allege something as fact, you have a duty to investigate the accuracy of the alleged facts. If someone tells me you raped little girls, I have an obligation to investigate that claim before broadcasting it on national TV. I don't have to prove it as fact, but I have to do enough investigation to be non-negligent in repeating that claim, which means finding evidence for that claim, and to have considered evidence contradicting it. My position that you did rape little girls has to be a reasonable one, based on the facts available to me, and I can't not search for those facts and claim ignorance as a defense.

If I made that claim today, and it ruined your business, you'd correctly (I assume...) sue me for defamation, and win, because there are no facts or evidence supporting my allegation, even if someone on Twitter said you did.

Perhaps. We've seen how the courts have been unwilling to actually hear the evidence.
Deep state!

Everyone is against the Trumpers. Amazing. Sad, too. Awful.

What's so beautiful about this defense is there is literally nothing that can overcome it. If the FBI and CIA and DOJ and all the courts are all in on the conspiracy, then a ruling denying the conspiracy exists is more reason to believe the conspiracy. So facts cannot ever pierce this belief system, because the defense is immune to them. All that matters is the belief, and anything contradicting the belief is support for the belief.

Catch 22 then. He is reporting only what others have determined. I don't believe that is against any law. You don't have to confirm what someone told you. Otherwise it would be a field day for suits.
The basic standards are that the claims caused harm, were false, and the person making the claims did so knowing they were false or in reckless disregard for the truth.
Oh, and in the U
and.......???
So your claim is either that the manipulation was in favor of Trump or that the manipulation was ineffective. Neither supports the claim that the election was stolen

What has been refused? You usually need something to go off of, and there's been nothing. Court case after court case has been dismissed, hand recounts have verified the original counts, votes were certified, canvass boards found nothing irregular. There's nothing here except your own hoop jumping to try to keep you lie afloat.

No one is buying your lies any longer.
I gave the link. You decided not to read or listen to it.

There is no "we'll see" to this.
You claimed he is not responsible for confirming the conclusions made by others before repeating them.
That is categorically, black letter law WRONG.
The law does provide a little wiggle room/ a possible out to someone who has made slanderous or defamatory comments and that is they issue a prompt retraction. Particularly once advised by the offended party that the comments were false. Dominion did just that. Lindell doubled down and kept repeating the falsity.
At this point, he is playing chess with only a King and a Pawn, against an opponent with all their pieces still on the table. Not check mate yet. But it's coming.
Gee. That case was sure decided quick, Clarence Darrow. you are good.

It's not enough to have heard something. If you want to allege something as fact, you have a duty to investigate the accuracy of the alleged facts. If someone tells me you raped little girls, I have an obligation to investigate that claim before broadcasting it on national TV. I don't have to prove it as fact, but I have to do enough investigation to be non-negligent in repeating that claim, which means finding evidence for that claim, and to have considered evidence contradicting it. My position that you did rape little girls has to be a reasonable one, based on the facts available to me, and I can't not search for those facts and claim ignorance as a defense.

If I made that claim today, and it ruined your business, you'd correctly (I assume...) sue me for defamation, and win, because there are no facts or evidence supporting my allegation, even if someone on Twitter said you did.
If the jerks on CNN say something i can't repeat it? Is this Facebook rules now?

The basic standards are that the claims caused harm, were false, and the person making the claims did so knowing they were false or in reckless disregard for the truth.
Oh, and in the U
So your claim is either that the manipulation was in favor of Trump or that the manipulation was ineffective. Neither supports the claim that the election was stolen
You know this how?

I gave the link. You decided not to read or listen to it.
I gave you links too that completely discredit any of this "election was stolen" lies. You decided not to read them.

No one is buying your lies any further on this. The election was not stolen, there is no evidence it was. Nothing but lies and false narratives to breed seditious acts against the USA.

What have you “seen”?
Hell, we had the Supreme Court TODAY decide not to rule on a suit about a state election commission violating their own state law.

That's the kind of thing I'm talking about.

Deep state!

Everyone is against the Trumpers. Amazing. Sad, too. Awful.

What's so beautiful about this defense is there is literally nothing that can overcome it. If the FBI and CIA and DOJ and all the courts are all in on the conspiracy, then a ruling denying the conspiracy exists is more reason to believe the conspiracy. So facts cannot ever pierce this belief system, because the defense is immune to them. All that matters is the belief, and anything contradicting the belief is support for the belief.
By definition, the courts cannot be "deep state", but they can be corrupt.

I gave you links too that completely discredit any of this "election was stolen" lies. You decided not to read them.

No one is buying your lies any further on this. The election was not stolen, there is no evidence it was. Nothing but lies and false narratives to breed seditious acts against the USA.
You aren't keeping up.

You aren't keeping up.
I've already lapped you. Good to see, though, that this is were your "argument" devolves into.

You tried to spread lies, those lies were countered with reality and fact. That's all there is to it. No one is buying into your lies anymore, we saw the extent to which those lies damage the Republic on Jan 6.

By definition, the courts cannot be "deep state", but they can be corrupt.
Thus proving my point nicely. If the courts rule against someone you like, they are, therefore, corrupt. Q.E.D.

Facts are impervious to your logic, which is nice, I guess.

How is Dominion going to prove their case, then?
Dominion don't need to prove that, they only need to prove all the things Lidell said and they have that evidence. Lidell's side is the one that will have to find ways to provide evidence he somehow wasn't talking out of his ass.

They need to preserve their machines and not delete ANY evidence of how votes were tabulated anywhere and everywhere. IOW, they have to PROVE that he lied. He gets to see EVERYTHING! As the McDonalds commercial goes "I'm luvin it"

Dominion doesn't own the machines. The states do.

IF Lindell is making a claim about those machines, then it is HE who will have to prove his data, how he obtained it, and prove that those machines were operating as he claimed, and what what it shows. Now, how is he going to do that? How was he privy to such information that he bases his claims on? He if wasn't privy to those machines, what right does he have to them, when it is obvious he is just making stuff up?

If it is demonstrated that his claims were baseless, and no doubt they are, then Dominion has a powerful case.

Setting the record straight

Last edited:
Thus proving my point nicely. If the courts rule against someone you like, they are, therefore, corrupt. Q.E.D.

Facts are impervious to your logic, which is nice, I guess.
Nope.

It's not the ruling...it's the reasoning behind the ruling that makes the court corrupt.

I've already lapped you. Good to see, though, that this is were your "argument" devolves into.

You tried to spread lies, those lies were countered with reality and fact. That's all there is to it. No one is buying into your lies anymore, we saw the extent to which those lies damage the Republic on Jan 6.
You never watched the video on Arizona. That's OK. Just sayin'

You never watched the video on Arizona. That's OK. Just sayin'
You never read the article that demonstrates there was no massive fraud going on in Arizona. That's OK. Just sayin'.

Back
Top Bottom