• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

DOJ solicits email tips in Zimmerman civil rights probe

If Holder wants to investigate something, he should look into the Black Panther murder for hire scheme.

and this is why Holder opened the tip line hoping some ignorant hateful soul will make up some crap so to give them a case
Well some hateful soul can make up anything he wants, but if he can't show proof what good is it? Like I said: blown out of proportion. :shrug:

Moderator's Warning:
Threads merged.

Well some hateful soul can make up anything he wants, but if he can't show proof what good is it? Like I said: blown out of proportion. :shrug:
Holder needs evidence of Zimmerman being a racist to present to the grand jury for them to decide if there is sufficient evidence to proceed for an arrest they don't argue the creditability of the evidence that is left to be done during the criminal trial, so Holder does not care if the evidence is false it doesnt matter in the grand jury hearing

DOJ solicits email tips in Zimmerman civil rights probe

By Scott Powers Orlando Sentinel

12:00 p.m. EDT, July 16, 2013

The U.S. Department of Justice on Monday afternoon appealed to civil rights groups and community leaders, nationally and in Sanford, for help investigating whether a federal criminal case might be brought against George Zimmerman for the shooting death of Trayvon Martin, one advocate said.

The DOJ has also set up a public email address to take in tips on its civil rights investigation.

Barbara Arnwine, president and executive director the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law – who earlier in the day joined calls for federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman, said that later in the afternoon, she joined a U.S. Department of Justice conference call to discuss the prospects.

“They were calling on us to actively refer anyone who had any information,” that might build a case against Zimmerman for either a civil rights violation or a hate crime, Arnwine said. “They said they would very aggressively investigate this case.”

Arnwine said the call was convened at about 3:30 p.m. by Tom Perez, Assistant Attorney General for the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice, and included representatives from the FBI, and several federal prosecutors, she said. DOJ officials also said they would open a public email address so people could send in tips on the case.

[...]

George Zimmerman: DOJ solicits help from civil rights leaders in Zimmerman investigation - OrlandoSentinel.com

Does anybody else find this appalling?

No, not at all....There is a petition with over a million signatures already, asking the DOJ to investigate this case.....

Yes, it is a witch hunt. The FBI interviewed around 3 dozen people that knew Z, they found no reason to believe any of this was race based, and clearly it wasn't.

Funny, I have yet to see those that are crying about 'justice!' speak out about other hispanics and whites that have been attacked in Baltimore and other locations due to the outcome of the trial. Guess they think all that is ok and justified.

His own cousin said he was a bigot..... Most of the protests have been pretty peaceful......

The guy was cleared. Double jeopardy??? Seriously. This is excessive.

When I say double jeopardy I mean...they can't charge him with murder. Even if he was racist...he couldn't be charged for that.

They can charge him with violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights -- no double jeopardy involved. Nice, huh?

They can charge him with violating Trayvon Martin's civil rights -- no double jeopardy involved. Nice, huh?

Well, according to Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon and her were discussing whether Zimmerman was a gay rapist. So you could also say that Trayvon violated Zimmerman's civil rights by beating up someone who he thought was gay.

What does it have to do with you personally? The DOJ is doing what the people have asked them to do....

You mean a witch hunt?

and this is why Holder opened the tip line hoping some ignorant hateful soul will make up some crap so to give them a case

"One" ignorant, hateful soul would Not give them a case.....

If Holder wants to investigate something, he should look into the Black Panther murder for hire scheme.

There is no such thing in 2013 as The Black Panther Party.....just a bunch of wannabes trying to look tough....

He is not a witch and it's not a hunt--it is an ongoing investigation..... maybe he's a warlock?

Or it's just a metaphor?

He is not a witch and it's not a hunt--it is an ongoing investigation..... maybe he's a warlock?
like the IRS investigation that you call a witch hunt

Yea. I don't remember much (lie) from Civics...but I do remember something about life, liberty, and pursuit if happiness. I guess life isn't a civil right?

The question to ask DOJ,
Since they want to look at Zimmerman for criminal "hate or civil rights" violations, will they also look at the people who have mugged people in the name of Trayvon for the same hate or civil rights crimes?

My answer, no they will not.
The GZ case should never have gone to trial, imo.

Huh? Where have you been? Just another Republican mountain that turned into a molehill......

The only people who believe such nonsense like you just posted are the brainwashed drones who still worship at the alter of Obama

The IRS targeted and intimidated Americans for their beliefs. They admitted it. We all know with who you stand. With the Gestapo and Police State.

Shame on you. You're not an American.

No, not at all....There is a petition with over a million signatures already, asking the DOJ to investigate this case.....

Wow. Over one million incredibly stupid people. They do realise this was already investigated, right? No evidence was found on racial grounds or for civil rights violations. This is a waste of taxpayer money.

The guy was cleared. Double jeopardy??? Seriously. This is excessive.

When I say double jeopardy I mean...they can't charge him with murder. Even if he was racist...he couldn't be charged for that.
No they can't charge him with murder, but they can charge him with a hate crime, but I find that unlikely.

There is no such thing in 2013 as The Black Panther Party.....just a bunch of wannabes trying to look tough....

So, a murder for hire scheme wasn't hatched by these klowns?

Yea. I don't remember much (lie) from Civics...but I do remember something about life, liberty, and pursuit if happiness. I guess life isn't a civil right?

I guess you don't believe witch hunting violates them either, huh? Or that double jeopardy is wrong.

But what you must believe is that it's against the damned law to call 911 on a suspicious black person if you've ever said the word nigger. And that, if you do? It entitles said suspicious person to beat you to death.

Last edited:

we are a nation with a system of justice with judges and juries not mob rule. we don't indite someone because the mob wants it to be done we don't flind someone guilty under the threat of civil unrest

Back
Top Bottom